The Cricket Thread

AtheK

27 minutes ago, Sach4life said:

In 2007, all the seniors retired themselves from international t20s much before world cup. Don't see seniors today doing that

well they must have told them ki retire ho jao bhai log, inko bhi bol de.

gadhe lag rahe sab ke sab IPL main

35 minutes ago, AtheK said:

well they must have told them ki retire ho jao bhai log, inko bhi bol de.

gadhe lag rahe sab ke sab IPL main

I doubt that was the case. They retired well before the world cup. Thing is, at that time, t20 wasn't seen very seriously. It was also looked at a young man's game at that time. That must have prompted them to not take part in international T20s

9 hours ago, TAZ said:

Ideal Youngster 11:

Kishan - KL - SKY - S.Iyer - Pant (c) - D.K - H.Pandya - R. Ashwin - Bumrah - Shami - Arshdeep. 

Kishan is terribly out of form..
No point taking him.. 

Can play Tripathi tbh. 

Bhuvi has been amazing. His economy is the best compared to others. He has to play.

Good win to defeat table toppers. This has been a good season, specially with Kohli being out of form. The team actually did much better then I expected, they might not be able to make it to top 4, if DC wins, but a satisfactory season instead, where RCB actually played like a team then few individual brilliance.

9 hours ago, AtheK said:

Good win to defeat table toppers. This has been a good season, specially with Kohli being out of form. The team actually did much better then I expected, they might not be able to make it to top 4, if DC wins, but a satisfactory season instead, where RCB actually played like a team then few individual brilliance.

Very good season tbh.

Should compliment Mike Hesson for putting a solid team.
2 of our 3 retained players were out of form.

Siraj was terrible throughout the tournament. 
Still managed to win 8 matches with 2 key players not performing at all .. 

On 5/19/2022 at 10:46 AM, TAZ said:

Ideal Youngster 11:

Kishan - KL - SKY - S.Iyer - Pant (c) - D.K - H.Pandya - R. Ashwin - Bumrah - Shami - Arshdeep. 

Kishan shouldn't be anywhere near the Indian team. Tripathi should get a go and he deserves it if selectors have any brain. SKY is injured i believe. DK as youngster ?. Pant as captain will be a disaster. Make Iyer as captain. Chahal or kuldeep should play and Ash should be back up. 

11 hours ago, AtheK said:

Obviously I want DC to win but after DC i always support RCB so it won't be a total heartbreak especially with Kohli back in some form now. Maxi deserves player of the match rather than kohli. His bowling was good and that catch was simply brilliant. RCB could have still lose if he hadn't played the 18 ball 40. 

With Rohit stating they will be experimenting more players in last game DC chances of winning are quite good. I hope MI play Arjun and rest Bumrah tomorrow ?

• Like 1

23 hours ago, silentassassin said:

Kishan is terribly out of form..
No point taking him.. 

Can play Tripathi tbh. 

Bhuvi has been amazing. His economy is the best compared to others. He has to play.

Kishan just for the sake of R-L Opening combination. Dhawan has aged but still has been performing consistently, Maybe he can be given a chance again. 

8 hours ago, harsh1387 said:

Kishan shouldn't be anywhere near the Indian team. Tripathi should get a go and he deserves it if selectors have any brain. SKY is injured i believe. DK as youngster ?. Pant as captain will be a disaster. Make Iyer as captain. Chahal or kuldeep should play and Ash should be back up. 

:P by youngster I meant the core team by young, Shami-DK being the exception

36 minutes ago, Big Boss said:

Indian cricket also needs to completely drop the idea of Pant as a captain very fast. He single handedly lost them the place in the playoffs. Pathetic captain.

dont you mean Panthetic captain.....?

200.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Big Boss said:

Indian cricket also needs to completely drop the idea of Pant as a captain very fast. He single handedly lost them the place in the playoffs. Pathetic captain.

Both Pant and KL are piss-poor caps.