Hades

CarbonCore

1 hour ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Final boss is the one true skill check in this game. That's where the real game starts. Definitely better than returnal in that the runs are very short and a lot of permanent progression. 

In my initial 3-4 hrs of gameplay I have reached biome 3 two times already in hades, so if you are saying that final boss is the ultimate level then I trust you on this because right now it is not feeling that difficult.

8 minutes ago, Shreyans Gupta said:

In my initial 3-4 hrs of gameplay I have reached biome 3 two times already in hades, so if you are saying that final boss is the ultimate level then I trust you on this because right now it is not feeling that difficult.

Oh he is. I can defeat all other bosses multiple times but not This!

Hades is more RPGish than Returnal which is a lot more skill based. Once you level up your character in Hades and learn all the best builds for each weapon, completing a run is more of a formality. The game doesn’t get challenging till heat level > 15. What it lacks in difficulty, it more than makes up in story, dialogue and weapon/gameplay variety.

3 hours ago, Nikushimi said:

Hades is more RPGish than Returnal which is a lot more skill based. Once you level up your character in Hades and learn all the best builds for each weapon, completing a run is more of a formality. The game doesn’t get challenging till heat level > 15. What it lacks in difficulty, it more than makes up in story, dialogue and weapon/gameplay variety.

In other words I am not skilled ?

18 minutes ago, Shreyans Gupta said:

In other words I am not skilled ?

Nah, it does take a fair bit of skill, especially during the early stage where you haven't levelled up with Darkness/Titans blood. But levelling up and understanding builds makes you a lot stronger in Hades whereas in Returnal you get no such bonuses and there is no way to influence builds like keepsakes. 

Had super fun with this game close to some 20-30 hours.
But got bored once after reaching final level. again had to start from level 1 killed my interest

maybe roguelike is not my cup of tea with super grinding.

Edited by ΨΨ babloos ΨΨ

1 minute ago, Mr. Comingle said:

It's not very grindy bro. Just gotta have a build in mind rather than going for random things. I beat Hades in about 10 hours and 18 runs. 

First 3 levels were fun to reach. after reaching final level felt more like work then enjoyment.

This game also needs some luck with loot

I have been playing this game only, like almost since it was lauched and it is addictive. The more times you play the game and escapte from Hell, the real story unfolds. Great game. Currently playing on heat 12.

Edited by Swunkjyn

2 hours ago, ΨΨ babloos ΨΨ said:

First 3 levels were fun to reach. after reaching final level felt more like work then enjoyment.

This game also needs some luck with loot

While there RNG at play, the player is given means to manipulate the randomness and get the boons that you want.

Olympian keepsakes guarantee that you find that particular God's boon on the next available room.

The God's will prioritize boons for active abilities, ie dash, attack, special and cast. That way, if you are looking for a particular boon, for example, Ares attack, you can improve the chance of Ares granting his attack boon by already filling the other active ability boons. You can then later sell off the unwanted boon.

If you have boons from 4 different Gods, the game wont show boons from other Gods. This increases your chance of finding a duo/legendary boon.

Find a weapon that you like and google the best builds for that weapon. You can easily work towards that build by using keepsakes and understanding how the RNG works.

A big part of the late game fun in Hades is trying out different builds for various weapons.

Edited by Nikushimi

WOW! I usually hate roguelikes (I'm skillless) but I couldn't put Hades down yesterday. They've nailed it right on the spot and dying no longer feels like a messed up moment.

Played it for 5 hours straight and only managed to reach biome 3 once because I got lucky with the flurry shot skills with a bow.

I'll be enabling God Mode now because otherwise I have a feeling I might end up rage quitting and won't get to experience the full story.

Bow is definitely my fav weapon!

42 minutes ago, ox- said:

WOW! I usually hate roguelikes (I'm skillless) but I couldn't put Hades down yesterday. They've nailed it right on the spot and dying no longer feels like a messed up moment.

Played it for 5 hours straight and only managed to reach biome 3 once because I got lucky with the flurry shot skills with a bow.

I'll be enabling God Mode now because otherwise I have a feeling I might end up rage quitting and won't get to experience the full story.

Bow is definitely my fav weapon!

Pretty soon first two bosses will become complete jokes. Third one(s) challenging and Fourth one is a proper c*nt.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

If anyone is having trouble beating the final boss, try a cast build like this one. Notice how easily it chunks his HP bar when he isn't invulnerable. You just have to avoid his attacks and the beams will do the rest.

Disclaimer -  Gameplay courtesy of me :P 

• Like 1

Hunting blades making short work of the last 2 bosses

Both my cast builds revolves around Achilles spear which gives your next 4 attacks a 150% damage bonus. Go for Demeter or Ares cast and get the artemis duo boon for either of them. Pump up the base damage of the cast with some poms and you are good to go.

Edited by Nikushimi

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...