Psychonauts 2

Heaven Angel

maxresdefault.png

Razputin “Raz” Aquato, trained acrobat and powerful young psychic, has realized his lifelong dream of joining the international psychic espionage organization known as the Psychonauts! But these psychic super spies are in trouble. Their leader hasn't been the same since he was rescued from a kidnapping, and what's worse, there's a mole hiding in headquarters.

Combining quirky missions and mysterious conspiracies, Psychonauts 2 is a platform-adventure game with cinematic style and tons of customizable psychic powers. Psychonauts 2 serves up danger, excitement and laughs in equal measure as players guide Raz on a journey through the minds of friends and foes on a quest to defeat a murderous psychic villain.

ss_ee2375942ad59bb2027fc5a845bad9936b788

ss_6e7d5bb387e607873da9e763b3b4df240a0a1

ss_842ea7e52cdff28d9c7ee04ed65897a4b23fb

ss_9227d4d485e7f25b5a046a70b99d3fddd157b

• Experience an imaginative, cinematic story that mixes humor and intrigue, brought to you by legendary game designer Tim Schafer (Grim Fandango, Brütal Legend, Broken Age).
  • Explore unique environments using Raz’s ability to dive into people’s brains to battle their inner demons, unlock hidden memories, and resolve their emotional baggage.
  • Leap acrobatically through the air, traversing tightropes and trapezes in a varied, challenging, and joyful platforming experience.
  • Wield a powerful array of psychic powers to blast, burn and levitate things, or even slow down time itself to solve environmental puzzles and battle strange enemies.

Release Date: August 25, 2021

Available on GamePass / Steam / Xbox systems / PlayStation 4

BUY! One of the most confident, stylish, and playable platformers in years. Backed up by incredible writing. This is one of the best platformers in years. I could talk about it longer than I played it and it's long. The game just has this confidence that you can feel throughout everything. To me honestly a classic in the genre.

Just now, Mr. Comingle said:

What are the next gen enhancements? 

Xbox Series S

• Max Resolution: 2880 x 1660
  • Max Framerate: 60, 120fps
  • HDR: Yes
  • VRR: Yes
  • Details: 120fps at 1080p

Xbox Series X

• Max Resolution: 4K
  • Max Framerate: 60, 120fps
  • HDR: Yes
  • VRR: Yes
  • Details: 120fps at 1440p

3 hours ago, hsk_colossus said:

Do I need to know the story of first game? Any good video recaps ? 

Helps if you played. Apart from the recap, apparently there are callbacks to previous events in terms of old characters coming back, easter eggs and further elaboration of few plot points. You will enjoy the story a bit more if you played the previous one is all.

I remember playing this back in my school days. Do not remember anything about the story. What I do remember is insanely creative levels and very good humour.