Psychonauts 2

Heaven Angel

I kinda wasn't ready for the awesomeness of the PSI King's Sensorium.

Spoiler

The fact that you're inside a long-dormant brain that is slowly coming to grips with suddenly being alive again, and you get to experience the sensory overload that comes along with it in a level that is bursting with psychedelic visuals and music just blew my mind away.

And of course, Jack Black's VA was the cherry on top of the delicious f**king cake that was this level. They couldn't have hired a better actor for the role.

At times it even felt like I was inside the actual Jack Black's brain :P

Edited by STICK3Rboy
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, STICK3Rboy said:

I kinda wasn't ready for the awesomeness of the PSI King's Sensorium.

Reveal hidden contents

The fact that you're inside a long-dormant brain that is slowly coming to grips with suddenly being alive again, and you get to experience the sensory overload that comes along with it in a level that is bursting with psychedelic visuals and music just blew my mind away.

And of course, Jack Black's VA was the cherry on top of the delicious f**king cake that was this level. They couldn't have hired a better actor for the role.

At times it even felt like I was inside the actual Jack Black's brain :P

One of the best stages, BUT you’ve more awesomeness coming your way. 

• Like 1

Aaand 100%ed it! Just couldn't put it down until I did it.

0eNAh2L.jpg

Such a fantastic game!

The characters are charming, funny, and well-written, the story is heartfelt, and the levels are some of the most imaginative and unique out there (and actually quite cleverly deal with different mental disorders).

This definitely sits alongside Returnal as my GOTY of 2021. I seriously don't think I can pick one over the other.

Take a bow, Tim Schafer :majesty:

The only minor gripe I have is that the combat is just about serviceable. But it in no way detracts from the absolutely wonderful experience of playing this game.

Also, the Grulovia song is now stuck in my head. It's so good.

Edited by STICK3Rboy
  • Like 6

7 hours ago, STICK3Rboy said:

The only minor gripe I have is that the combat is just about serviceable. But it in no way detracts from the absolutely wonderful experience of playing this game.

This game feels like Dying Light 1 that I am playing right now, super janky but fun as hell.

Would take this any day over polished but ultimately boring AAA releases.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Vaibhavp said:

This game feels like Dying Light 1 that I am playing right now, super janky but fun as hell.

Would take this any day over polished but ultimately boring AAA releases.

I wouldn't say this (or even DL1) is super janky. But I understand your sentiment :P

• Like 1

On 2/18/2022 at 5:08 AM, STICK3Rboy said:

Infact I like the combat. Not too tough, works fine. Good button mapping. Easy dodging etc. 

• 4 months later...
19 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

Standard edition not available physically

Motherlobe edition costs $70 for PS4/xsx versions. 

A worthy physical edition. 

Putting just a disc in a box is such a waste. Would rather buy digital over that.

• 6 months later...
20 hours ago, 0verlord said:

Finished Psychonauts 2. One of the best games I’ve played, highly recommended. Levels and their variety is just amazing, good story, whimsical and entertaining characters and dialogue. 

Agreed. Thanks to game pass i got to play such a good game. The levels were so well done. It's definitely a must play for everyone.

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...

Played it for a couple of hours and loving it so far. Don't remember events from the first game at all so quite a few references went over my head though.

Also it's debut of Xbox game studios logo on my tv screen :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bauji said:

Played it for a couple of hours and loving it so far. Don't remember events from the first game at all so quite a few references went over my head though.

One of the best sequel imo. The game really improved upon the first in every single way and was joy to play. You can actually sense that devs put their heart in this game.

Edited by zoord

1 hour ago, Bauji said:

Such a good game. Definitely worth playing. Levels are so well designed.

7 minutes ago, zoord said:

One of the best sequel imo. The game really improved upon the first in every single way and was joy to play. You can actually sense that devs put their heart in this game.

Haven't played the first one but really like it when devs go out of their way and make a game better than it's prequel.