Alan Wake Remastered

Mysteryman

Experience improved visuals, enhanced character models & richer environmental details in a remaster of Remedy Entertainment’s classic game. Alan Wake Remastered includes the main game and its two story expansions - The Signal and The Writer - with the complete experience rendered in all-new 4K visuals.

Alan Wake Remastered is available October 5.

Edited by Joe Cool

I think from all the rumors I’ve read this is close to a remake than a remaster but it Remedy are going to call it a remaster. Supposedly it will feature ray tracing and a bunch of fidelity improvements.

One of my cherished memories of Xbox 360 is playing Alan Wake and being so hooked. I’ll be keeping an eye on this.

On 9/5/2021 at 10:53 AM, TRMNTR said:

Please be a good remaster. I tried playing the original a while back but the floaty feel hasn't aged well.

I guess that was due to horror game vibe they were going for.

They don't want you to be taking head shots at monsters you are supposed to be afraid of.

46 minutes ago, Vaibhavp said:

I guess that was due to horror game vibe they were going for.

They don't want you to be taking head shots at monsters you are supposed to be afraid of.

That and the movement was floaty as well.

Announcing Alan Wake Remastered: An Open Letter from Sam Lake

This is for you.

I’m beyond happy to tell you that at the time of writing this, Alan Wake Remastered is nearing its completion. Confirmed, announced, coming up in partnership with Epic Games Publishing. Multiplatform. PC on the Epic Games Store, Xbox, and for the first time ever, PlayStation, this generation and the previous one. 

Alan Wake Remastered is the original experience you fell in love with all those years ago. We did not want to change that. But the visuals all around, including the character model of Alan Wake himself and the cinematics, have been updated and improved with some choice next-generation upgrades.

Alan Wake Remastered will launch this fall. Stay tuned for more information soon.

This is for you. I hope you enjoy it, either again, like meeting an old friend, or for the first time.

Yours,

Sam Lake, Creative Director, Remedy Entertainment

Alan Wake Remastered, published by Epic Games Publishing, will be available on PC on the Epic Games Store, PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4/Pro, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, Xbox One S and Xbox One X.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, hsk_colossus said:

Not touching another remedy game after their sh*t  upgrade policy with control.. 

Well, they did give out Control Ultimate Edition to PS+ customers, plus put Control in GP and give it out for free on EGS. That should make up a bit for the sh**ty upgrade policy I guess. Giving out the full UE version on PS+ was the best move though. I would not have played it otherwise.

2 hours ago, playstationdude said:

What sh*t upgrade policy?

Basically people who bought control like me cannot get next gen upgrade…. Only people who bought ultimate edition get free upgrade… 

“There's just one problem: existing Control owners are excluded from that complimentary next-gen upgrade. "The free upgrade path to Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5 version of Control is only available for Control Ultimate Edition," publisher 505 Games confirmed in a blog post. So if you've already spent $60 on the base game and $25 on the season pass, you'll need to spend another $40 -- bringing your grand total to $125 -- to play both the original and next-gen optimized versions.”

https://www.google.co.in/amp/s/www.engadget.com/amp/control-ultimate-edition-ps5-xbox-series-x-upgrade-155254893.html