Spider-Man 2

Heaven Angel

2 minutes ago, playstationdude said:

They'll probably allow character switching

That’s exactly what I had in mind 

Something like GTA 5 with separate missions for each character 

SSD will make switching seamless 

7 hours ago, PhantomShade said:

it prolly will be like one of them batman arkham games where the sidekick and you would do combos every now and then.

but the sidekick would be ai controlled.

Yeah in dual missions that would be just like Arkham Knight 

would be super awesome 

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, rushaboswal said:

Any idea about how the latest lawsuit by disney affects this?

It's between big companies, there will be a deal, maybe expensive for Sony.

Spodey is a pretty big IP to just let go off because of some court ruling.

5 minutes ago, roun90 said:

I'm behind on the news. What lawsuit? Is Disney suing Sony to get control of Spiderman or something?

No,Sony & Marvel are doing good 

This time it’s the family of the original creator who co-created the characters along with Stan Lee 

Apparently there is a law that after a certain period is over the rights would be transferred to the original creators or their legal heir 

Suit has been filed as time has elapsed(or about to),let’s see 

Bigger blow to marvel as a lot of other comic book heroes are at stake too 

Sony just has movie rights & obviously won’t be interested in another movie after No Way Home as they have milked 5-6 movies already  

Just now, rushaboswal said:

They would most certainly be interested. Spiderman universe is Big. 

Dude they had practically given up after the failure of Amazing Spider-Man series 

It’s only the MCU that got interest back & even that version has had full trilogy…..I doubt it would be any major loss for Sony in near future,obviously no one plans 20 years ahead 

As for this game….it’s already been licensed & green lit with Marvel’s collaboration,the current rights holder 

If something was already licensed before the transfer of rights it shouldn’t be affected 

No one knows what the current deal between sony and Disney is. The orginal deal with marvel was that as long as they (sony pictures) put out a movie every 5 years, the rights would be with them. That's why the first Garfield movie was shot and released in record time after the cancellation of Raimi's spiderman 4.  Everyone is just assuming that they gave up the rights to get the game rights or its some quid pro quo deal with Disney. Right now everything is under wraps and sony have hinted that Spidey may appear in the venom movies which is an in-house project of sony pictures & they're also working on an extended Spidey universe movies (without spiderman) which tells you that they still have the rights to the character. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AnK said:

Dude they had practically given up after the failure of Amazing Spider-Man series 

It’s only the MCU that got interest back & even that version has had full trilogy…..I doubt it would be any major loss for Sony in near future,obviously no one plans 20 years ahead 

As for this game….it’s already been licensed & green lit with Marvel’s collaboration,the current rights holder 

If something was already licensed before the transfer of rights it shouldn’t be affected 

They might have given up , but dont you think currently its valued to them now ? i mean look at the craze around its gams and movies, i mean its a system seller, i dont think they would just let go.

1 hour ago, KnackChap said:

No one knows what the current deal between sony and Disney is. The orginal deal with marvel was that as long as they (sony pictures) put out a movie every 5 years, the rights would be with them. That's why the first Garfield movie was shot and released in record time after the cancellation of Raimi's spiderman 4.  Everyone is just assuming that they gave up the rights to get the game rights or its some quid pro quo deal with Disney. Right now everything is under wraps and sony have hinted that Spidey may appear in the venom movies which is an in-house project of sony pictures & they're also working on an extended Spidey universe movies (without spiderman) which tells you that they still have the rights to the character. 

I hope we get a good movie with venom and spidey teaming up. would be fun.

22 minutes ago, rushaboswal said:

i mean look at the craze around its gams and movies, i mean its a system seller, i dont think they would just let go.

They only ever had rights to movies & they’ve made enough 

That’s why they want to focus on other characters of Spider-verse

Games they only have an arrangement for & it was always known won’t last forever. 

3 hours ago, AnK said:

Sony just has movie rights & obviously won’t be interested in another movie after No Way Home as they have milked 5-6 movies already  

lol, what type of crazy-a*s take is this?

2 hours ago, AnK said:

So let me get this straight, SONY didn't gyve up on Spidey after the failures of the Amazing Spiderman movies, but would not be interested now after 1 more movie, when the franchise and other characters from it are at the height of their popularity? Gem of a take :roflroll:

After 5-6 Spider-Man movies & 2 Venom I can only imagine how much more juice it would have held for them to be considered a “huge loss”

Specially when they have to make a movie every 5 years to hold rights 

You are free to imagine too,oh & don’t worry 

I won’t do this :roflroll:

1 minute ago, AnK said:

After 5-6 Spider-Man movies & 2 Venom I can only imagine how much more juice it would have held for them to be considered a “huge loss”

Specially when they have to make a movie every 5 years to hold rights 

You are free to imagine too,oh & don’t worry 

I won’t do this :roflroll:

What next? No more Star Wars movies? Perhaps, Marvel and Disnep done with Avengers too? Gimme a frickin' break. Spierman movies are earning close to a billion dollar right now, no one's stopping making them bcuz the "juice" is "gone".

6 minutes ago, gamer_adi said:

Agreed, in fact am pretty sure entire forum agrees with the lack of grasping and logic part.

Lol 10 ppl =/= Entire forum 

I’ve seen 100’s of ppl come & go like these 10 or so 

Anyway,you have an agenda……so stick it elsewhere