Archiving Blu Ray Movies

silica

8 minutes ago, achilles said:

Hey, so not helpful for OP’s query, but I just had an idea. Can we do a Blu-ray library here? Just amongst us members. Maybe we can figure something out. Let’s talk if you think it’s a good idea @Keyofx

That's actually a good idea, except that a lot of the bigger films (which people may likely want to watch) are going to be on streaming these days anyway. That said, it's a good way to introduce people to commentary tracks and good behind the scenes documentaries, that you don't get on streaming :D

We should grab @STICK3Rboy and @Bird Bird Bird to talk about it, though :D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Keyofx said:

That's actually a good idea, except that a lot of the bigger films (which people may likely want to watch) are going to be on streaming these days anyway. That said, it's a good way to introduce people to commentary tracks and good behind the scenes documentaries, that you don't get on streaming :D

I don't have a bluray player anymore ! :P

But tons of FHD blurays though. 

3 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Region locking of FHD blus, man. Sigh. :fever:

Damn, totally forgot! I still have the region A BD player I picked up from eBay six years ago, lol. I hope I didn't just jinx it :nerves:

Edited by Keyofx

2 hours ago, Keyofx said:

Haha....I have a very measly collection of blurays though, so I'm not sure if I'll be able to contribute much :P

But yeah, if there are enough interested folks, something along the lines of the game library would definitely be nice.

Honestly, for most use cases, streaming works. And movies on disc are headed the way of the dodo. But, till the time high bitaate streaming and extras become a thing, those special movies are better enjoyed on physical media. For now putting in a BD invokes a sense of occasion. 

12 hours ago, STICK3Rboy said:

Haha....I have a very measly collection of blurays though, so I'm not sure if I'll be able to contribute much :P

lol me too, but hoping to collectively have a large library with enough members. Who’s in? If we get 10 members every movie can be just a couple hundred bucks 

6 hours ago, achilles said:

lol me too, but hoping to collectively have a large library with enough members. Who’s in? If we get 10 members every movie can be just a couple hundred bucks 

Consider me in.

So is this going to be more like pooling in to buy new blurays to be a part of the library?

3 hours ago, STICK3Rboy said:

Consider me in.

So is this going to be more like pooling in to buy new blurays to be a part of the library?

Great :cheers: 

Let’s see if enough people are interested. Not necessarily a pool to buy new stuff, we could look into that maybe but not sure how that would work with ownership etc. More like IVG game library, where you can borrow a movie when available, watch in convenience, and send it back guy who owns it once done. 

• Like 1