Monster Hunter : Rise

PhantomShade

Take your hunting to new heights with #MHRise, coming to Steam on January 12, 2022! This critically acclaimed co-op Action RPG elevates the series with brand new gameplay features, such as your new buddy Palamutes, the versatile Wirebugs, Switch Skills, Wyvern Riding, and the all-new quest type, the Rampage!

The Steam version will come a variety of optimizations for PC, including 4K, High-Res Textures, Uncapped Framerates, 21:9 Ultrawide Support, and more!

Try out the Monster Hunter Rise Demo on Steam starting October 13, 2021.

Platforms : PC/Steam, Nintendo Switch.

MHR : Sunbreak expansion pack  DLC trailer, releasing on PC and Switch simultaneosly

============================================================================================================================================================

Seems to be a simple port, I guess there's another PC/Console MH in development somewhere.

Yep, seems like a similar port job that they did for World on PC. It's a shame the game is not on Playstation or Xbox yet. Not sure why Capcom even went with this decision when they saw how successful World was on a global scale. Hope it comes to current gen consoles, else I'm skipping this. 

37 minutes ago, AnK said:

^^Maybe coz Nintendo has an exclusivity deal in place?!?!

Timed exclusivity right? If it's now on PC, no reason for them to not develop it for remaining consoles. 

Just now, Ethan_Hunt said:

Timed exclusivity right? If it's now on PC, no reason for them to not develop it for remaining consoles. 

In many cases, deals have been to stop them releasing on other consoles. PC doesn't matter. This could be that case.

Yep there is no such thing as pure exclusive anymore unless it’s by First Party. ( & that too Sony or Nintendo) 

Third party (or multiplatform acquired) deals will almost always offer games on PC. 

From what I've read, Capcom have done pure Nintendo exclusive deals before and they are on very good terms with them. However, for Monster Hunter series, I would have understood why they would accept the exclusivity deal if the franchise wasn't mainstream. Post release of World and it's massive success, I would have expected the mindset to change and they could have targeted the remaining games on all platforms. This game is unfortunately not being developed by Capcom's mainline series team and instead with the portable development team, so it probably makes sense they went with the Nintendo deal. Stories 2 released simultaneously for both Switch and PC. 

It's personally a disappointment as I did want to try Rise (not interested in Stories 2) but don't have/want a Switch & potato PC is on it's last legs. :P 

The wirebug mechanic seems really interesting and some of the cooler monsters like Valstrax, Chameleos, Ibushi etc are great additions. It still doesn't have a master/G Rank, so I guess the DLC announced would probably be that much requested mode. 

15 hours ago, PhantomShade said:

Platforms : PC/Steam, Nintendo Switch.

MHR : Sunbreak expansion pack  DLC trailer, releasing on PC and Switch simultaneosly

============================================================================================================================================================ friday night funkin

Seems to be a simple port, I guess there's another PC/Console MH in development somewhere.

Really hoping they add cross save. I already have over 1000 hours on the game

5 hours ago, Ethan_Hunt said:

Yep, seems like a similar port job that they did for World on PC. It's a shame the game is not on Playstation or Xbox yet. Not sure why Capcom even went with this decision when they saw how successful World was on a global scale. Hope it comes to current gen consoles, else I'm skipping this. 

Apparently there are two teams making MH, one is the "main series", the other are spin offs.

Both teams alternate releases each year apparently.

I guess now what they have done is have the "B-Team" make the Switch titles and the "A-team" make the console and PC titles.

So the true sequel to World which will come to PC and consoles should be in 2023.

I think this is just a cashgrab for thirsty PC folk tbh :P

Also if they would have put Rise on consoles, no way would it be a direct port, they would have to make a separate build for consoles and PC with improved graphics.

• 3 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Monster Hunter Rise is coming to PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X/S, Xbox One and Launching Day 1 on Game Pass :good:

Launching January 20th, 2023

• 4K 60fps or 1080p 120 fps on Next-Gen Platforms
• 3D Audio
• PS5 DualSense Features
• Sunbreak Expansion Launching Spring 2023

Edited by Heaven Angel

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Title update 4 is live now on Steam & Switch. Patch notes here:

https://www.monsterhunter.com/rise-sunbreak/update/en-uk/ver14_00_00.html

Also people who had registered for the Velkhana layered armour by creating a Capcom ID, please check your Email for the code.