The TV Decision Making Thread

Bulovski

1 hour ago, Playstationdude said:

Check Flipkart.

Oh okay understood . Yeah 10% discount for AXIS/ICICI cards depending on the offers . 

5 minutes ago, kunjanp said:

Still shows 1.19L on Flipkart for me.

It will be sold at 85k during BBD sale . You will get instant 5k discount paying via any Cards/Net banking . 

And then additional discount upto 10% using Axis/ICICI cards .

So with right cards price can come down upto 72k

Edited by Krazyniks

2 hours ago, Sach4life said:

I do have a VU tv at home currently and i am impressed with its performance. PQ is really good for the price. Was just wondering whether MI is better or not. I mistakingly wrote micromax

Oh okay . I have seen both TV's live in stores and found VU to be better.  My relative also recently bought VU premium and gave great reviews. 

I know going forward you would be gaming on your C9's :)

But have you tried HDR gaming on your VU TV ? If yes then how did you find it ?

I know it won't come anywhere near OLED's . 

But is it any good . My relative is not into gaming and I haven't found any online videos showing that . 

Edited by Krazyniks

@AtheK and @Bird Bird Bird - What picture setting do you guys use? I am using ISF Expert (Dark room), with white balance selected to Warm2 (based on rtings.com's calibration settings). However, i find it too warm (yellowish) and have changed the white balance to Warm1. Looks lot more natural.

3 hours ago, Sach4life said:

@AtheK and @Bird Bird Bird - What picture setting do you guys use? I am using ISF Expert (Dark room), with white balance selected to Warm2 (based on rtings.com's calibration settings). However, i find it too warm (yellowish) and have changed the white balance to Warm1. Looks lot more natural.

I use ISF (Dark and Bright depending on environment) - OLED light at 50 IIRC (did calibration a year back). Warm 1 should be fine. 

All panels have minor variations, so it's never one size fits all. Just set with whatever settings you enjoy ! Haunting of Hill House, Altered Carbons, Chefs Table are some of the shows you can use to adjust settings to your liking. 

4 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

I use ISF (Dark and Bright depending on environment) - OLED light at 50 IIRC (did calibration a year back). Warm 1 should be fine. 

All panels have minor variations, so it's never one size fits all. Just set with whatever settings you enjoy ! Haunting of Hill House, Altered Carbons, Chefs Table are some of the shows you can use to adjust settings to your liking. 

Are you facing any burn in/image retention issues on your OLED? Especially in Tata sky and gaming.

Jumped the gun but i'm a little worried now.

If others could also weigh in @AtheK

17 minutes ago, Playstationdude said:

Are you facing any burn in/image retention issues on your OLED? Especially in Tata sky and gaming.

I don't use Tata Sky or any DTH, but i do game on it (along with using OTT apps). No issues at all.

The tv already has settings for slightly moving and changing brightness of channel logos (not noticeable) to prevent any burn in.

Chill, it's blown out of proportion by Samsung's marketing. 

Your TV will die or you'll sell it before retention becomes an issue. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Playstationdude said:

Nothing with Gaming and firestick, i don't use DTH. Don't think too much about it, just enjoy the tv. The fun quotient of watching the TV on this is another level, so glad i got it. The only problem now you will face is

Spoiler

Every other Tv PQ will look like literal garbage :P

I have a LG 4K LED tv in living room, i am not joking when i say it's not even close, when that was topof the line just around 3 yrs back.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AtheK said:

Nothing with Gaming and firestick, i don't use DTH. Don't think too much about it, just enjoy the tv. The fun quotient of watching the TV on this is another level, so glad i got it. The only problem now you will face is

Hide contents

Every other Tv PQ will look like literal garbage :P

I have a LG 4K LED tv in living room, i am not joking when i say it's not even close, when that was topof the line just around 3 yrs back.

Exactly. I was watching Gravity the other day, and for a minute you wouldn't know if the TV was off or on during some of those space scenes. Insane. 

Exactly. I was watching Gravity the other day, and for a minute you wouldn't know if the TV was off or on during some of those space scenes. Insane. 
In another news spent some time this weekend, and got Alexa to work with the TV, only that it still does not turn on, though turns off and does few of other tasks. Still need to hit some more head on it.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

12 hours ago, gs_RoXxX said:

Ordered the vu premium android tv , hope I won't regret the decision. Was confused between mi and vu but went with vu

Fingers crossed

Congrats . Please post your review of gaming on it . I know the PQ of VU is great in general but don't have much idea of how it works in gaming .

Got a Vu 32" FHD TV during last years Diwali sale for 16k(including 2 year extended warranty) to replace my aging Bravia 24" HD TV back home(display issue, was being asked 12k for new display). Anyway, one year of usage and no issues at all, picture quality is excellent considering the price you pay, Vu is definitely one of the best among its peers.

Had planned to get a 55" 4K Android TV but cancelled for now since I don't have any 4K content to play, will get one as soon as I get a 4K console(fingers crossed PS5 has backward compatibility).

12 hours ago, AtheK said:

In another news spent some time this weekend, and got Alexa to work with the TV, only that it still does not turn on, though turns off and does few of other tasks. Still need to hit some more head on it.

Nice. Any way to control the TV using GA ? I got a Google Mini, and will prefer using it for mundane tasks.

Nice. Any way to control the TV using GA ? I got a Google Mini, and will prefer using it for mundane tasks.
Switch to Australia region, you will get both GA and Alexa option.

5 hours ago, gecko89 said:

Had planned to get a 55" 4K Android TV but cancelled for now since I don't have any 4K content to play, will get one as soon as I get a 4K console(fingers crossed PS5 has backward compatibility).

PS5 has backward compatibility . It has been confirmed by Sony 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, AtheK said:

Switch to Australia region, you will get both GA and Alexa option.

Do Indian OTT apps show after region change ? And do I need to sign in on Netflix/Prime etc again ?

Do Indian OTT apps show after region change ? And do I need to sign in on Netflix/Prime etc again ?
Indian apps won't show in the store, but what you installed will stay. No you don't need to sign in again, but PQ settings will be defaulted back. fe2344b50a90569fda8f297ef05e3878.jpgfa715a59efb742c04ef106995ab1500b.jpg

43 minutes ago, AtheK said:

Indian apps won't show in the store, but what you installed will stay. No you don't need to sign in again, but PQ settings will be defaulted back. fe2344b50a90569fda8f297ef05e3878.jpgfa715a59efb742c04ef106995ab1500b.jpg

Hmm. That might also mean that we won't get app updates. 

Can you control the TV via Google Assistant ?

Hmm. That might also mean that we won't get app updates. 
Can you control the TV via Google Assistant ?
I don't use TV apps anymore except Netflix, will have to see how it pans out.

I don't have Google home or mini.

• Snake changed the title to The TV Decision Making (Buy Whatever You Want) Thread