Marvel's Spider-Man

Big Boss

Just played the game, that Helicopter mission from the trailer :majesty:

I wish they had more set piece missions like this, with spidey doing more movie spidey things like stopping a moving train or keeping a ship cut in two together etc.

Also completed Act I, i never thought they'd be trying to promote Miles this early :lol:

Good they have beautified him for his own game though.

Finished the game, now onto platinum,

Wish they'd have spaced out the big bads instead of cramming them in Act 3 itself, Electro & Vulture and Doc Ock boss fights were some next gen stuff graphically i mean.

idk how but Martin Li being 2 rupees filler villain created for this game get their own solo boss fights but Rhino Electro etc don't?

Hope next game they add new AoE combos and ways to interweave your gadgets/webs into combos.

Just the 100% all districts remaining for Plat.

Wish there weren't so many criminal encounters in each district.

Also they f**ked up with the challenge token stuff, most of the good upgrades and suits need those in abundance, but you can only get 3 at max from one challenge :/

4 minutes ago, playstationdude said:

Imo the dual boss fights actually made the fights intense and kept you on your toes.

while making dudes like rhino seem comedy :rofl:

atleast electro vulture one was ok .

Rhino + Scorpion seemed wasted

53 minutes ago, PhantomShade said:

Just the 100% all districts remaining for Plat.

Wish there weren't so many criminal encounters in each district.

Also they f**ked up with the challenge token stuff, most of the good upgrades and suits need those in abundance, but you can only get 3 at max from one challenge :/

I believe you could get bonus tokens by completing optional objectives in base tokens, challenge tokens etc

33 minutes ago, Pacifier said:

I believe you could get bonus tokens by completing optional objectives in base tokens, challenge tokens etc

dude that's just for base tokens and random crimes.

For challenge tokens you can only get 3 max per challenge mission.

meanwhile the gadget upgrades need atleast 8 challenge tokens to be maxed

1 hour ago, RV1709 said:

Is this as good or better than the Arkham series ?

Yes, way better, i would say it blows arkham out of the water because of how they've made NYC alone, like all the landmarks, the pedestrians loving you, also the combat, missions, swinging through buildings actually make you feel like spidey, meanwhile in any tv show, animation or movie i've rarely seen Batman use his suits glider functions :rofl: graphics are also top notch for the set piece events

The next proper sequel will have much better combat though, there are lots of improvements they can make, altough it's not bad as such,meanwhile since arkham asylum it has been the same press square to attack press triangle to counter bs on the Batman side of things :rofl: , atleast in spodey you have variety

2 hours ago, RV1709 said:

Is this as good or better than the Arkham series ?

Arkham is like a b-grade action movie compared to this.  The polish , characters, dialogues even the super-villain vs spidey fights is almost at the level of the movies itself.  Arkham is a good game too, but spidey on PS4 is the one of the best version of spiderman or even one of the best superhero games in general , at times it's even better than some of the previously released movies !

1 hour ago, PhantomShade said:

Yes, way better, i would say it blows arkham out of the water because of how they've made NYC alone, like all the landmarks, the pedestrians loving you, also the combat, missions, swinging through buildings actually make you feel like spidey, meanwhile in any tv show, animation or movie i've rarely seen Batman use his suits glider functions :rofl: graphics are also top notch for the set piece events

The next proper sequel will have much better combat though, there are lots of improvements they can make, altough it's not bad as such,meanwhile since arkham asylum it has been the same press square to attack press triangle to counter bs on the Batman side of things :rofl: , atleast in spodey you have variety

I know the combat in Arkham is loosely based on old Spidey games, but I find it hilarious how they gave him Bat-sense in combat like how Spidey had his Spidey sense in those games. Like, what's the lore behind Batman having Spidey like superpower? :lol:

15 minutes ago, cyberpunk said:

Arkham games feel very repetitive.

Only Knight. Both Asylum and City are fantastic. Hilarious to compare decade old game to current Spider-Man game when technology has changed so much. Just shows how good those games were.

Asylum and City are compared to old Spider-Man games like Shattered Dimensions, Web of Shadows, The Not Amazing Spider-Man.. 

When and if new a Arkham game comes out, it will top it again. 

1 hour ago, CarbonCore said:

I know the combat in Arkham is loosely based on old Spidey games, but I find it hilarious how they gave him Bat-sense in combat like how Spidey had his Spidey sense in those games. Like, what's the lore behind Batman having Spidey like superpower? :lol:

paisa paisa

56 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

Only Knight. Both Asylum and City are fantastic. Hilarious to compare decade old game to current Spider-Man game when technology has changed so much. Just shows how good those games were.

Asylum and City are compared to old Spider-Man games like Shattered Dimensions, Web of Shadows, The Not Amazing Spider-Man.. 

When and if new a Arkham game comes out, it will top it again. 

Can't believe people are sh*ting on Arkham games. :doh: Arkham Asylum broke so much ground for its time. I can 100% say that if Arkham games didn't exist, Spider-Man PS4 wouldn't exist either. All games build on top of each other, taking infuence from each other. Of course Spider-Man is a better game, it should be because its building on lessons from Batman.