ALAN WAKE 2

Heaven Angel

5 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Maybe one guy is giving the mocap and character model and another guy does voice? 

Matthew Porretta will once again lend his voice to the main character, and Ilkki Villi will be used as the character's model

On 12/15/2021 at 12:47 PM, AnK said:

So Alan Wake was played by two different voice actors?!? 
I don’t remember correctly but how did it go about?!?

One for mo-cap and one for voice. Pretty standard back during PS2, PS3 gen before ND startes the trend of having the same actor do  performace capture (voice + mo-cap). Even now games do it like spiderman PS4 (even before recasting) parts of death stranding and even Abby from tlou 2 where her face, body, and voice were done by 3 different people. 

• 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Some Alan Wake II info

A true survival horror game. Remedy wants to "put their stake" on the genre.

AW2 is Remedy biggest project yet

Welcoming to new players who did not play the original but also lots of connections and lore to AW1 and Control

https://www.gamesradar.com/after-a-decade-of-dreaming-remedy-is-finally-ready-to-write-alan-wake-2-into-reality/

It's cooking up well ..

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Heaven Angel said:

Some Alan Wake II info

A true survival horror game. Remedy wants to "put their stake" on the genre.

AW2 is Remedy biggest project yet

Welcoming to new players who did not play the original but also lots of connections and lore to AW1 and Control

https://www.gamesradar.com/after-a-decade-of-dreaming-remedy-is-finally-ready-to-write-alan-wake-2-into-reality/

It's cooking up well ..

I hope it's more like Control than OG Alan Wake

11 hours ago, Assassins Creed said:

I hope it's more like Control than OG Alan Wake

I think a true "Survival Horror" implies it will be like OG Alan Wake, Silent Hill or something new. I don't think it will be like Control. Jesse was a super-heroine who had super-powers that could literally kill the paranormal phenomena. That goes against Survival-Horror Ethos itself. No "Survival" if you can easily kill the ghosts and there is no need to be afraid (Hence no Horror too).

Development of Alan Wake 2 has reached the stage where the game can be played from start to finish, Remedy has stated.

https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/alan-wake-2-is-now-playable-from-start-to-finish-remedy-says/

• Like 1

• 1 month later...