The Automobile Thread

Chaztin

• 1 month later...

Car key battery exhausted so had to open the door by turning the key and had to endure the car alarm noise for half the drive yesterday.

These annoying alarm systems need to be banned. The only thing they do is irritate the driver and passengers and everyone else in the vicinity. 99.9999% of the time it is a false alarm, so no one takes it seriously, which beats the purpose of the alarm in the first place.

Hey guys! I have to buy a scooty within a couple of days. Its Activa 125 vs Access 125, going to go for Access....is it okay?

Another competitor is Aprillia SR 150, it looks okayish. The most weird look (viually) is its open back. However, I just want it for 150 and scooty type design. Here are some images

sr_150b2.jpg

^^Black (somewhat better looking)

sr_150b4.jpg

White (race type decals)

Will it be weird if I ride this?

PS: I am not looking for 125 vs 150 comparison. I need power of 150, if design is seriously wrong, then I will look for Access 125.

Hi Guys,

Planning for an Automatic in the coming months (By Feb or July).

What would you choose when compared between Honda CVT vs Volkswagen TSI DSG (1.2),

I know that DSG is very good to ride but wanted to know about CVT as well since it comes with paddle shifts.

In comparison, is it very slow during gear shifts and do we get jerks?

Also is Ford Ecosport AT is also an option to explore or is it a No-No.

Ofcourse i will plan to start doing Test drives on the above to actually experience the ride quality.

Thanks in advance

CVT is not slow, but overall experience between DsG and cvt is immediately felt if you are an enthusiast. After driving DsG for a year, I have no idea how would I go back to any other automatic.

City is a great package overall though, specially if you are going top end with sunroof. As for paddle shifts hardly doubt how much you will use it.

I had a city manual and i had a vento auto, vento auto is a hoot to drive. Honda city is super spacious though. Tough choice, and eco sport doesn't hold a candle.

• Like 1

CVT is not slow, but overall experience between DsG and cvt is immediately felt if you are an enthusiast. After driving DsG for a year, I have no idea how would I go back to any other automatic.

City is a great package overall though, specially if you are going top end with sunroof. As for paddle shifts hardly doubt how much you will use it.

I had a city manual and i had a vento auto, vento auto is a hoot to drive. Honda city is super spacious though. Tough choice, and eco sport doesn't hold a candle.

Thanks Athek. Will do a test drive to experience myself.

Also took a look at the new rapid. It looks really good especially with the projector lamps / DRL and blue color but that comes only in high end 15.5l for diesel AT :(

Assuming the diesel VW auto 7 speed engine is also good but not as good as Petrol. Will post again after I do test drive on both.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Thanks Athek. Will do a test drive to experience myself.

Also took a look at the new rapid. It looks really good especially with the projector lamps / DRL and blue color but that comes only in high end 15.5l for diesel AT :(

Assuming the diesel VW auto 7 speed engine is also good but not as good as Petrol. Will post again after I do test drive on both.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

They both share the same diesel engine. Rapid does not get the TSI though.

Ya, best is to drive yourself, I was told great things about rapid, but I could never Get myself to like it. The new rapid though looks nice, both the blue and red color. Talking about blue, I read somewhere it is now introduced or process to be introduced in vento too.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Is VW updating the gt tsi to 1.4lit?

Nope, jetta does not get it, if anything, jetta will get it first. Though a 1.4 for Polo and vento will be amazing.

That said yiu can remap the TSI to 128 hp with around 210-220 nm torque.

Oh! Took a ride in friends GT TSI recently. That machine clips like crazy. He was mentioning vw may upgrade GT TSI to take on abarth. I guess abarth has 1.4?

Abarth is a power house, it is 1.4 and it's 145 bhp phew.. Would hav loved to pick it up, but it is manual. Plus the GC is like real low.

Polo GT TSI is a hoot, the only reason I ended up buying vento. With the remap vento feels a little more better to drive the the GT, even though it is heavier.

Abarth is a power house, it is 1.4 and it's 145 bhp phew.. Would hav loved to pick it up, but it is manual. Plus the GC is like real low.

Polo GT TSI is a hoot, the only reason I ended up buying vento. With the remap vento feels a little more better to drive the the GT, even though it is heavier.

Yah remaps ftw

Your vento is Tsi?