The Automobile Thread

Chaztin

If you're not looking for a sedan, you're left with only i20 and the baleno as proper choices. Ecosport is not designed properly, and is uncomfortable to drive in. 

I'd suggest the i20 if you want a sporty feel, but the baleno for mileage. 

Hey Guys, planning to sell my 2016 Gixxer SF. NON - FI version with disc brakes only on front Tyre. How much can I expect for it? back when I bought it, it costed 97K on road and it has 9K on odo.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
11 hours ago, Sach4life said:

Looking to get a car in 15-20 lacs range in the next 3-4 months. Seltos looks fine but overpriced. Have my heart set on Harrier for now.

Harrier has some niggles and quality issues. It is more like a beta version. Check TeamBhp for the reviews and everyone believes it was launched in a lot of haste. Do test drive the car extensively in multiple occasions so that you are sure. 

2 hours ago, ps4geek said:

Harrier has some niggles and quality issues. It is more like a beta version. Check TeamBhp for the reviews and everyone believes it was launched in a lot of haste. Do test drive the car extensively in multiple occasions so that you are sure. 

I did check the reviews. While issues were there initially, subsequent batches have been much better. Even the person who reviewed the car for teambhp commented on this when he recently bought it for himself. The car feels much more complete and sorted now. Considering i would be buying the car almost a year after the launch, i am confident that it would be relatively free from niggles.

Edited by Sach4life

2 hours ago, Sach4life said:

I did check the reviews. While issues were there initially, subsequent batches have been much better. Even the person who reviewed the car for teambhp commented on this when he recently bought it for himself. The car feels much more complete and sorted now. Considering i would be buying the car almost a year after the launch, i am confident that it would be relatively free from niggles.

My neighbor has the car, and he has been extremely happy, nothing major he has reported back. For me also harrier is pick between the three, seltos is over priced, mg hector we have to wait and see. 

Though I am personally a sedan fan, and would pick an octavia by adding some more money. 

15 minutes ago, AtheK said:

My neighbor has the car, and he has been extremely happy, nothing major he has reported back. For me also harrier is pick between the three, seltos is over priced, mg hector we have to wait and see. 

Though I am personally a sedan fan, and would pick an octavia by adding some more money. 

I want Octavia as well but that would be going over budget by a good extent. Harrier would be 20l top model and that ve would be going over budget anyway since we started with a budget of 16 lac. Octavia is 25 lac for style tdi and would be a lot for me.

Edited by Sach4life

I want Octavia as well but that would be going over budget by a good extent. Harrier would be 20l top model and that ve would be going over budget anyway since we started with a budget of 16 lac. Octavia is 25 lac for style tdi and would be a lot for me.
Yes it is expensive what I would do is pick a pre owned one, a year old or so go for 19-21 lacs. Also, an auto is a must for me,i suggest you wait a bit and get the automatic, if in case you can wait.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, AtheK said:

Yes it is expensive what I would do is pick a pre owned one, a year old or so go for 19-21 lacs. Also, an auto is a must for me,i suggest you wait a bit and get the automatic, if in case you can wait.

Issue is, my family likes Harrier as well, lot more than Octavia and they have their heart set on an suv. But yeah, i might wait for an auto to come. Lets see..

Issue is, my family likes Harrier as well, lot more than Octavia and they have their heart set on an suv. But yeah, i might wait for an auto to come. Lets see..
Always go with what your heart says and also what family prefers. Best of luck.

2 hours ago, Sach4life said:

In that case do check out the Harrier Black Edition. Looks seriously Badass !

12 minutes ago, AtheK said:

Always go with what your heart says and also what family prefers. Best of luck.

Yeah, i love how Harrier looks as well. Went for a test drive yesterday and it was great to drive. Something i can't say about Hector.

3 minutes ago, ps4geek said:

In that case do check out the Harrier Black Edition. Looks seriously Badass !

I had a look at the Black edition yesterday. It looks awesome. My only issue is how much maintenance would a black car require to always look this good.

On 9/8/2019 at 1:37 PM, Sach4life said:

I had a look at the Black edition yesterday. It looks awesome. My only issue is how much maintenance would a black car require to always look this good.

As a tata aria owner. I would strongly advise against buying Harrier at this moment. Wait for a minimum 1 to 1.5 years before you buy a tata car. I guess only Nexon and Tiago are an exception. 5 year warranty and the other shenanigans dont work with TATA and even at Concorde. My brother in law's father is a GM at a tata dealership and still the thought of buying a Tata car gives me the creeps.

I am also in the market for nexon-harrier priced vehicle and I havent even asked for price.

Have a look at this 

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/209281-tata-harrier-official-review-27.html#post4648210