The Automobile Thread

Chaztin

44 minutes ago, blitzkreiig said:

Dude interceptor has nothing on a classic.
Also one has to be shallow to just ride for speeding.

Lol to each his own, and who told you power is all about speeding, it is about getting to 0-120 much faster so you are less fatigued in a ride, engine is much more stress free, runs at lower RPMS overtaking is a breeze and so on and so forth, but won't matter much with classic as it will hardly reach 120 :P

And if you mean interceptor has nothing on classic, then i guess you are either talking about looks or sound, if it is looks to each his own, but if it is about sound, then mayeb that is shallow, or maybe not, what ever makes you happy :P

Atleast with the new classic based on meteor, hopefully it would not be a bike and vibrator at the same time.

Edited by AtheK

39 minutes ago, blitzkreiig said:

Dude interceptor has nothing on a classic.
Also one has to be shallow to just ride for speeding.

I've never actually owned a motorcycle before. It's going to be my first bike. As far as I know, both are cruisers. So I'm bit confused between both :wallbash:. @AtheK how is interceptor btw? Is the ride quality good? Most of friends own classic and every single one of them complaints about the vibrations.

2 minutes ago, Thegothamchampion said:

I've never actually owned a motorcycle before. It's going to be my first bike. As far as I know, both are cruisers. So I'm bit confused between both :wallbash:. @AtheK how is interceptor btw? Is the ride quality good? Most of friends own classic and every single one of them complaints about the vibrations.

Interceptor is one bike which is not a Royal Enfield, It feels like a bike from a different brand altogether. The engine is butter smooth, the clutch is very light and gear changes are Slick. Does not vibrate, sounds nothing like any of those dug dug Enfield's, and has a triumph like mini whistle when you close the throttle. It has some downsides, but they can be addressed. 

Electricals is the only place it feels like a Royal Enfield, they have a mind of there own, but overall are ok, just be careful with pressure wash. It does 80-  120 easily on the highway, overtaking is a breeze. Little on the heavier side, so that is something that will take time getting used to.

Overall I am very impressed with the bike though I have had a couple of issues with it in initial few months, something that all RE's have, you need to be used to it, or be prepared for it.

25 minutes ago, AtheK said:

Lol to each his own, and who told you power is all about speeding, it is about getting to 0-120 much faster so you are less fatigued in a ride, engine is much more stress free, runs at lower RPMS overtaking is a breeze and so on and so forth, but won't matter much with classic as it will hardly reach 120 :P

And if you mean interceptor has nothing on classic, then i guess you are either talking about looks or sound, if it is looks to each his own, but if it is about sound, then mayeb that is shallow, or maybe not, what ever makes you happy :P

Atleast with the new classic based on meteor, hopefully it would not be a bike and vibrator at the same time.

The riding posture of interceptor is nothing but fatigue :loser:

Also the goal of reaching 120 or reaching 120 faster is nothing but shallow. Anyone work this mindset needs to grow up :tongue:

Just now, blitzkreiig said:

The riding posture of interceptor is nothing but fatigue :loser:

Also the goal of reaching 120 or reaching 120 faster is nothing but shallow. Anyone work this mindset needs to grow up :tongue:

Lol, ok bhai what ever makes you happy!!

28 minutes ago, Thegothamchampion said:

If you've never owned one, don't go with spec sheets or what your friends say. Enfield has all the bikes laid out for test ride. Drive to your hearts content and decide for yourself. Know what you're looking for, rides to office or weekend trips, decide based on your use case.

9 minutes ago, Thegothamchampion said:

Thanks @AtheK and @blitzkreiig. My local Royal Enfield doesn't have interceptor available for test ride. However they have classic. Will try classic and try to test ride interceptor in some other city.

If it is your first bike avoid Royal Enfield, the niggles will get on your nerves, you need to be hands on, to do some stuff at home or if you have a service center near your house.

You will be better of buying a Honda, get the CB350RS, niggle free bike and lighter too.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AtheK said:

If it is your first bike avoid Royal Enfield, the niggles will get on your nerves, you need to be hands on, to do some stuff at home or if you have a service center near your house.

You will be better of buying a Honda, get the CB350RS, niggle free bike and lighter too.

Thankfully, the service center is 200 metres away from my house. The honda service in my area is absolutely garbage. Very unprofessional staff members. I've an activa scooter and everytime I visit the service center, the experience downright terrible.

49 minutes ago, Thegothamchampion said:

Thankfully, the service center is 200 metres away from my house. The honda service in my area is absolutely garbage. Very unprofessional staff members. I've an activa scooter and everytime I visit the service center, the experience downright terrible.

Proximity to service center helps. Also throw in meteor in the mix, test ride all three. Also do let us know your use case, if it will mainly be city rides classic is good, but if you will regularly take it to highways after getting used to city riding, you will soon sell off the classic :P

Btw regarding Honda, CB350RS is sold through Bigwings and also serviced through Bigwings, and they only service limited bikes including Superbikes. 

Edited by AtheK
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, AtheK said:

Proximity to service center helps. Also throw in meteor in the mix, test ride all three. Also do let us know your use case, if it will mainly be city rides classic is good, but if you will regularly take it to highways after getting used to city riding, you will soon sell off the classic :P

Btw regarding Honda, CB350RS is sold through Bigwings and also serviced through Bigwings, and they only service limited bikes including Superbikes. 

My use case is mostly city rides but I'll soon take it to highways. I'll give Himalayan a shot as well.

34 minutes ago, Thegothamchampion said:

Booked interceptor, baker express white. How much was the waiting time for your bike @AtheK?

Brilliant decision indeed, congratulations and welcome to the club. Mine had a waiting period of around 5 months, partly due to second lockdown, informed was 3 months.

Did you book it through app, if yes what accessories did you add.

3 minutes ago, AtheK said:

Brilliant decision indeed, congratulations and welcome to the club. Mine had a waiting period of around 5 months, partly due to second lockdown, informed was 3 months.

Did you book it through app, if yes what accessories did you add.

Thanks bro! Booked through app. Got windscreen, sumpguard, engine guard and extended warranty. 

Thanks bro! Booked through app. Got windscreen, sumpguard, engine guard and extended warranty. 
Good accessories, should have got the touring seat also, the stock seat isn't great or you can later get the GT650 seat and install a cowl.

This is with cowl and AEW exhaustb62719e4f476f22a5f893a9571cd668b.jpg
  • Like 1