The Automobile Thread

Chaztin

11 hours ago, Sach4life said:

Yeah, its difficult.

5 hours ago, blitzkreiig said:

I have sold two cars and a bike on Olx to individual buyers. There're plenty of individuals selling. Maybe not for the model you're searching for or maybe not in your region.

Bikes yesi could find a lot of direct sellers at decent prices, I don't think this delear craze has reached bikes yet. 

But cars literally every single car is owned by a dealer, I tried most of the models that I was looking to buy and could not find a single direct seller. 

Also olx does not have a filter either to remove all delear listings from the page to make this process easy. 

Maybe there would be individual sellers for more popular cars like WagonR, Swift, Dzire, i20 etc 

4 hours ago, Bhpian Bali said:

Have you tried teambhp classifieds?

Yup i did, but again it did not have the models I was looking for. I want a premium hatchback or compact suv or compact sedan which is relatively modern. Shortlisted Honda WR V, Honda Amaze, Tata Tigor, Tata Altros, Elite i20. Could not find much there. 

Also if I may ask between these what would the forum suggest i buy? I am leaning towards the Honda WR V due to the Honda badge, reliability and easy maintainance and good features in the VX variant. What would you guys suggest for a budget of around 7L (only looking for used cars not new) 

1 minute ago, i_rock098 said:

Bikes yesi could find a lot of direct sellers at decent prices, I don't think this delear craze has reached bikes yet. 

But cars literally every single car is owned by a dealer, I tried most of the models that I was looking to buy and could not find a single direct seller. 

Also olx does not have a filter either to remove all delear listings from the page to make this process easy. 

Maybe there would be individual sellers for more popular cars like WagonR, Swift, Dzire, i20 etc 

Yup i did, but again it did not have the models I was looking for. I want a premium hatchback or compact suv or compact sedan which is relatively modern. Shortlisted Honda WR V, Honda Amaze, Tata Tigor, Tata Altros, Elite i20. Could not find much there. 

Also if I may ask between these what would the forum suggest i buy? I am leaning towards the Honda WR V due to the Honda badge, reliability and easy maintainance and good features in the VX variant. What would you guys suggest for a budget of around 7L (only looking for used cars not new) 

Out of the ones you have listed, WRV is a good option. Only downside is that the petrol engine is weak relative to the size of the car. Be prepared for lethargic performance below 2,000 RPM, which makes it a bit cumbersome to drive in the cities. Speaking from experience as I have a Honda Jazz with the same engine

2 hours ago, Sach4life said:

Out of the ones you have listed, WRV is a good option. Only downside is that the petrol engine is weak relative to the size of the car. Be prepared for lethargic performance below 2,000 RPM, which makes it a bit cumbersome to drive in the cities. Speaking from experience as I have a Honda Jazz with the same engine

Noted, thank you. Though to be honest as a super middle class family the only cars we have ever owned have been Maruti 800 & Tata Nano, compared to them I think the Jazz engine will feel like a jet engine to us. 

Honda being the aspirational brand for most middle class family is another reason i am leaning towards it. 

4 minutes ago, i_rock098 said:

Noted, thank you. Though to be honest as a super middle class family the only cars we have ever owned have been Maruti 800 & Tata Nano, compared to them I think the Jazz engine will feel like a jet engine to us. 

Honda being the aspirational brand for most middle class family is another reason i am leaning towards it. 

Its a good car, no doubt on that. Reliability is something which Honda can promise. We have 3 Hondas at home and none of them have given us any mechanical issues.

42 minutes ago, harsh1387 said:

i20 maintenance would be more than WRV

I doubt it. I had an i20 and it's service was less than my Wife's Brio. But will never question Honda on reliability.

On 10/10/2021 at 11:07 PM, i_rock098 said:

Is there any site where I could buy a second hand car directly from the seller instead of these middle men like cardekho, cars24, cawalle etc. 

Its almost impossible to find used cars from direct sellers, every single car is owned by a dealer. 

Try Team BHP, prices quoted are a little high, but I am sure can be negotiated.

On 10/11/2021 at 3:37 PM, Sach4life said:

Its a good car, no doubt on that. Reliability is something which Honda can promise. We have 3 Hondas at home and none of them have given us any mechanical issues.

3 hours ago, harsh1387 said:

WRV or Amaze both will be reliable and easy to maintain. Tata Is a lottery in after sale service and i20 maintenance would be more than WRV. 

Thank you so much once again for all your advice. Even i am leaning more towards Honda. Jazz is cheaper but I somehow don't like the shape of Jazz unfortunately and that's why I suggested to go with WRV instead. 

If I may ask just a few more advice 

1) What would you think is a rough ideal price for 2017 Honda WRV VX varient? 

2) Any other model that I can consider which might be cheaper? This car is for my dad and he still is not convinced to spend the amount that a WRV would need on a car. Can Baleno & i20 be considered as chepear alternatives? 

1 hour ago, AtheK said:

Try Team BHP, prices quoted are a little high, but I am sure can be negotiated.

Noted, will check up there as well. Is that the same forum which requires you to write an essay to sign up? Or am i confusing things. 

2 minutes ago, i_rock098 said:

Thank you so much once again for all your advice. Even i am leaning more towards Honda. Jazz is cheaper but I somehow don't like the shape of Jazz unfortunately and that's why I suggested to go with WRV instead. 

If I may ask just a few more advice 

1) What would you think is a rough ideal price for 2017 Honda WRV VX varient? 

2) Any other model that I can consider which might be cheaper? This car is for my dad and he still is not convinced to spend the amount that a WRV would need on a car. Can Baleno & i20 be considered as chepear alternatives? 

Noted, will check up there as well. Is that the same forum which requires you to write an essay to sign up? Or am i confusing things. 

Lol, classified section is open to non members also, and you can see all details.

13 minutes ago, i_rock098 said:

It is, but worth it. Very helpful and knowledgeable people, they can help you in what to look out for while buying pre-owned cars as well. Cars listed there will not be scams or lemons (usually).

On a different note, anyone here test drove the XUV700? I am impressed with what Mahindra has put in there, but they need to educate their sales & test drive reps. There were instances where I was showing them features I picked up from other review videos they were not aware of, their test drive rep told me the ADAS needs an update and is not working, and was surprised when I engaged the adaptive cruise control and showed him the lane keep assist and lane departure warnings.

I've got the 2018 XUV500 and have absolutely no reason to change cars, but that car sure is tempting. So tempting infact that my wife, who's not impulsive like me, was actually contemplating going for it if we got a good price for our car. But saner heads have prevailed (for now) and also it makes sense to wait atleast a year for Mahindra to iron out any kinks and niggles

1 hour ago, AtheK said:

Lol, classified section is open to non members also, and you can see all details.

1 hour ago, psinide said:

It is, but worth it. Very helpful and knowledgeable people, they can help you in what to look out for while buying pre-owned cars as well. Cars listed there will not be scams or lemons (usually).

Hahah, well i know don't know much about cars to be honest, it's always been a means to get from point A to point B in a luxurious way for me. I am more used to bus/local/auto so not sure if they will let me in considering I am not the target demographic but i will still try out my hand at essay writing for that forum considering xbhp the forum on bikes which I am part of is really helpful. 

Used TyresNMore service today. Had to get all 4 tyres changed. Decent prices, guys arrived within alloted time. Got the manufacturing date of tyres checked, and did a very good job in 40 mins or so. They carry a wheel balancing machine as well, and are very professional with the whole job. 

Legit surprised. 

Present in quite a few cities. Will highly recommend for top notch services. 

• 2 weeks later...

Guys need a final suggestion, which car would you guys suggest between Hyundai Elite i20 & Honda Amaze (Facelift Version)

Buying a second hand car and both are roughly the same price. I know both are not in the same segment with one being a premium hatchback and the other being a compact sedan.

For i20 I loved the way it looks, the features in the top model is better than Amaze, no engine noise inside the car, better fit and finish but it feels a little cramped to sit inside especially since me and my family are on the healthy side.

For Amaze it looks quite simple and the features in the top model seem to be lesser than i20 along with the fit and finish but my god is it spacious, I feel like i can spread my legs so comfortably and the seats itself are also much softer. Plus being Honda there is that reliability factor as well.

Space is so good i dont even feel like u am sitting in a sub 4mt car.

Which one between the two would you suggest for a good family car in the city? Considering the Manual petrol engine for both.

Lastly also have an option for Honda WRV Petrol top model, people say its a very underpowered engine in the wrv but somehow i love that car a lot. Again very very very spacious and feels really big. End of the day you are going to be sitting for long hours especially in traffic so thinking considering the same as a city car i am leaning towards it.

Sent from my KB2001 using Tapatalk

34 minutes ago, i_rock098 said:

Guys need a final suggestion, which car would you guys suggest between Hyundai Elite i20 & Honda Amaze (Facelift Version)

Buying a second hand car and both are roughly the same price. I know both are not in the same segment with one being a premium hatchback and the other being a compact sedan.

For i20 I loved the way it looks, the features in the top model is better than Amaze, no engine noise inside the car, better fit and finish but it feels a little cramped to sit inside especially since me and my family are on the healthy side.

For Amaze it looks quite simple and the features in the top model seem to be lesser than i20 along with the fit and finish but my god is it spacious, I feel like i can spread my legs so comfortably and the seats itself are also much softer. Plus being Honda there is that reliability factor as well.

Which one between the two would you suggest for a good family car in the city? Considering the Manual petrol engine for both.

Lastly also have an option for Honda WRV Petrol top model, people say its a very underpowered engine in the wrv but somehow i love that car a lot. Again very very very spacious and feels really big. End of the day you are going to be sitting for long hours especially in traffic so thinking considering the same as a city car i am leaning towards it.

I think the answer is in your post itself. Space and overall comfort is an important aspect for you, i20 (if its the older model) is a no-no in that case. Between Amaze and WRV, I would go with WRV, provided performance is not a big issue. In pretty much everything else, it is a superior product compared to Amaze

57 minutes ago, i_rock098 said:

Go for one of the Hondas. I have used an i20 for years and can confidently say it lacks space.

Edited by b!T

I think the answer is in your post itself. Space and overall comfort is an important aspect for you, i20 (if its the older model) is a no-no in that case. Between Amaze and WRV, I would go with WRV, provided performance is not a big issue. In pretty much everything else, it is a superior product compared to Amaze
get one of the Honda,

Go for one of the Hondas. I have used an i20 for years and can confidently say it lacks space.
Thank you so very much for your inputs guys. Can't thank you enough. I was leaning towards Honda as well since space is very very cramped inside the i20 for me and Honda has the most space in its class but wanted a second opinion as well since I am not a car person which you all confirmed to me.

Also between the two Honda i am leaning towards the WRV and as Sach4life suggested I kind of feel it's a better product. My usage is going to be 100% in the city in bumper to bumper traffic or maybe free roads like expressway on the weekends inside the city only so I don't think being underpowered would be a problem. Can i go ahead and freeze on WRV VX model?

if you are not going to hit the highway and just be in city, get the most spacious car with best AC. Additionally install a kick a*s music system with great speakers. That is all that is needed for city driving.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, i_rock098 said:

Thank you so very much for your inputs guys. Can't thank you enough. I was leaning towards Honda as well since space is very very cramped inside the i20 for me and Honda has the most space in its class but wanted a second opinion as well since I am not a car person which you all confirmed to me.

Also between the two Honda i am leaning towards the WRV and as Sach4life suggested I kind of feel it's a better product. My usage is going to be 100% in the city in bumper to bumper traffic or maybe free roads like expressway on the weekends inside the city only so I don't think being underpowered would be a problem. Can i go ahead and freeze on WRV VX model?

Go for it. WRV is a solid car and based on your requirements/use case, it would serve you really well.