The Automobile Thread

Chaztin

if you are not going to hit the highway and just be in city, get the most spacious car with best AC. Additionally install a kick a*s music system with great speakers. That is all that is needed for city driving.

Go for it. WRV is a solid car and based on your requirements/use case, it would serve you really well.
Get the Honda, I can confidently say it is very spacious as I previous owned City diesel 1st gen and clocked more than 1.4lakh with no major repairs. I feel servicing Honda is cheaper compared to Hyundai. 
Thank you so very much guys for your inputs, can't thank you enough. Let me speak to the seller and hopefully finalize on the WRV if everything goes alright. Coming from the Tata Nano the WRV is going to be a massive update for us.

Sent from my KB2001 using Tapatalk

• Like 6

On 9/28/2020 at 9:58 AM, Root said:

Looking to buy dashcam since last one year, I think it is high time I invest in one before it is too late.

Requirement :

Front and rare camera

Hard wiring

Parking mode (preferably)

GPS

Night Vision

Discreetness

Budget - ₹10-12k

I'm okay to wait for longer shipping times too, so Aliexpress or similar site is fine.

Holy sh*t! another year has come and gone still I dont own a dashcam.

I searched this forum looking for recommendation and only my post turned up :ko:

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Root said:

I searched this forum looking for recommendation and only my post turned up :ko:

https://www.amazon.in/Transcend-DrivePro-Dashcams-Suction-TS-DP110M-32G/dp/B07LF5MJ2S/ref=sr_1_1?crid=26AEJ093REFQH&dchild=1&keywords=transcend+Drive+pro&qid=1635176830&s=electronics&sprefix=transcend+drive+pr%2Celectronics%2C355&sr=1-1

buy this for front, for rear you can buy any run of the mill chinese.

1 hour ago, AtheK said:

Is it better than Garmin? Thinking of asking my friend to get Garmin dashcam without screen from UAE as I like it’s tiny form factor and also polarised cover. 

2 minutes ago, sumanth said:

Is it better than Garmin? Thinking of asking my friend to get Garmin dashcam without screen from UAE as I like it’s tiny form factor and also polarised cover. 

I use the 220 Pro from 4 years, works flawless. Not sure about comparison with Garmin, haven't checked garmin one at all.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Root said:

You can get something from DDpai or 70mai. Both are good. Check Amazon for their various models as per your need. If you park your car under sun a lot then go for DDpai as it has a capacitor. 

• 2 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, i_rock098 said:

So it's finally here. Want to thank all the members who helped me decide which model to buy.

Coming from Maruti 800 & Tata Nano this car feels very intimating yet friendly at the same time. Still getting used to the spacious interiors inside and all the gadgets and gizmos that the car has. Not used to it at all. Also the engine is so silent I sometimes feel like I am not sure if the engine is on or off. Also the power is way too much for us at the moment coming from 800 & Nano. Being very careful at the moment in terms of driving. Hopefully it will get used to soon.

Gear change, clutch pressing, acceleration, movement everything feels really smooth like butter. In the Maruti 800 the gear changes felt like I was changing a gear inside a truck. ba11334d8a3df0e521c237463700e34e.jpg

Congrats, man. 

From where did you buy it (I'm guessing it's 2nd hand as per your earlier post) ?

Congos man. Car looks in great condition
Thank you. I got a third party car certifying agency to have the car all checked up and the owner of the certifying agency was also there and post all the checks he said that this is one of those cars which are in mint condition and very rare in the second hand car market. Given that he had nothing to gain from lying to me I kind of believed him and went ahead. So far i think he was right.

Congrats, man. 

From where did you buy it (I'm guessing it's 2nd hand as per your earlier post) ?
Thank you. Bought it from a guy who had listed it on these car listing platforms like cawalle, olx etc.

• Like 1

Congrats dude, car looks fantastic [emoji106]
Thank you.

Which agency did you use ?
This wasn't through the agency, I bought from him directly. Found the car listing on cardekho I remember correctly. Called the guy, it was his brothers car. He has a petrol pump business and he said the car is well maintained as his family knows a lot about cars. Went to check it out, he had all the service records from Honda and clean papers, called a third party certifying agency to test out the vehicle, post the test and viewing the report we bought it.

More involved process compared to buying from agency directly but I think it was worth it.

On 11/6/2021 at 3:37 PM, i_rock098 said:

So it's finally here. Want to thank all the members who helped me decide which model to buy.

Coming from Maruti 800 & Tata Nano this car feels very intimating yet friendly at the same time. Still getting used to the spacious interiors inside and all the gadgets and gizmos that the car has. Not used to it at all. Also the engine is so silent I sometimes feel like I am not sure if the engine is on or off. Also the power is way too much for us at the moment coming from 800 & Nano. Being very careful at the moment in terms of driving. Hopefully it will get used to soon.

Gear change, clutch pressing, acceleration, movement everything feels really smooth like butter. In the Maruti 800 the gear changes felt like I was changing a gear inside a truck. ba11334d8a3df0e521c237463700e34e.jpg664692f20eb522188501ff5ce4b7dbe1.jpg

Congrats bro. Looks great!

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/26/2021 at 1:01 PM, harsh1387 said:

You can get something from DDpai or 70mai. Both are good. Check Amazon for their various models as per your need. If you park your car under sun a lot then go for DDpai as it has a capacitor. 

Thank you I finally purchased 70mai A500S Pro Plus+