The Automobile Thread

Chaztin

6 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

Which Activa? There are 2, 6G and 125.

We got 5g. I guess there’s very little difference between 5g and 6g. Activa is used by workers to deliver our products locally. My wife uses access and it’s good, you could test ride both access and Activa 125 and decide. Personally I would pick any 125cc over 100 or 110cc scooter. 

13 hours ago, sumanth said:

We got 5g. I guess there’s very little difference between 5g and 6g. Activa is used by workers to deliver our products locally. My wife uses access and it’s good, you could test ride both access and Activa 125 and decide. Personally I would pick any 125cc over 100 or 110cc scooter. 

So I should finalise Activa 125?

4 hours ago, sumanth said:

Check Access once and then take a call. When buying I checked both and found Access better and bought. Just check both and take a call. 

It's mainly for my dad and he has no interest in going to test it out.

Just wants me to buy whatever is the best.

I don't have much experience with 2Ws.

He is coming from a 25yr old Chetak, so he doesn't care, everything will be an upgrade.

43 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

It's mainly for my dad and he has no interest in going to test it out.

Just wants me to buy whatever is the best.

I don't have much experience with 2Ws.

He is coming from a 25yr old Chetak, so he doesn't care, everything will be an upgrade.

Then pick any scooter which has service center near to your place.

• Like 1

On 11/30/2021 at 8:53 PM, KunjanPSD said:

Not looking at electrics, can't find a reliable charging solution.

Question for everyone. How do you set up charging points for electric cars/2 wheelers? We have our own parking section in our building.

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Lol.

Car makers are really trying to squeeze every dime out. 

Next would be online subscription for using airbags as a Special Safety feature.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Need suggestions for a new car as our Polo is no longer enough to service our needs. Either a sedan or a compact SUV like Seltos.

I had Honda Civic in mind but it has been discontinued and not sure when the new version will come.

A hybrid is what I am targetting.

Let me know if there are any suggestions or if some new car is coming out soon.

35 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

Need suggestions for a new car as our Polo is no longer enough to service our needs. Either a sedan or a compact SUV like Seltos.

I had Honda Civic in mind but it has been discontinued and not sure when the new version will come.

You can check out the Kushaq and Taigun also, Skoda just launched the Slavia - worth checking out. I know Hyundai/Kia/MG offer more features but honestly I would take driving feel and safety over anything else. I did a test drive of the Taigun and it's 1 lt turbo petrol is much better to drive than the Seltos 1.5 lt. Also, keep in mind the Hyundai Creta and Kia Seltos have 8-10 months waiting. 

I feel since you were already driving a brilliant handler (Polo) you will love the new cars from VW and Skoda. Honestly, just go for some test drives and get a feel.

Edited by SuperT

1 hour ago, KunjanPSD said:

Your usage will define what car would suit you.

Car usage ? (General city runs or highway usage or mix of both)

Usual seating ? (2 ppl or 4)

As @SuperT suggested, once you are used to VAG cars, its difficult to adjust to cars from different stable.

1 hour ago, SuperT said:

You can check out the Kushaq and Taigun also, Skoda just launched the Slavia - worth checking out.

9 minutes ago, aquaticbullet said:

Your usage will define what car would suit you.

Car usage ? (General city runs or highway usage or mix of both)

Usual seating ? (2 ppl or 4)

We won't be selling Polo, even after 10years it only has 23k kms, so you get the usage, lol.

General city usage, don't expect it to run more than 10kms a day. Only on some occassions, maybe more than that. 

Space isn't a problem, majorly only 2 people will be in a car at once.

Only thing I am looking for is a good sound system, a great console, Carplay/Android Auto which is really fluid (not sure if Indian options have wireless options?).

The last one is absolutely the priority.

Other than that, a decent mileage with good ride quality and experience.

I am not even interested in Kia and Hyundai. 

Haven't tested Skoda ever but have heard horrible stories about the service situation.

VW is really good but the hardly the console lives upto it.

MG Hector is an option because my friend has one and likes it a lot plus has decent safety rating.

32 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

We won't be selling Polo, even after 10years it only has 23k kms, so you get the usage, lol.

General city usage, don't expect it to run more than 10kms a day. Only on some occassions, maybe more than that. 

Space isn't a problem, majorly only 2 people will be in a car at once.

Only thing I am looking for is a good sound system, a great console, Carplay/Android Auto which is really fluid (not sure if Indian options have wireless options?).

The last one is absolutely the priority.

Other than that, a decent mileage with good ride quality and experience.

I am not even interested in Kia and Hyundai. 

Haven't tested Skoda ever but have heard horrible stories about the service situation.

VW is really good but the hardly the console lives upto it.

MG Hector is an option because my friend has one and likes it a lot plus has decent safety rating.

Both the Taigun and Kushaq models have wireless apple carplay and Android auto with wireless charging. I guess the Kia and MG cars also have it, not so sure. If you are looking for value for money and feature rich cars then the Korean twins will obviously not disappoint. But if you love driving cars which have brilliant handling and control then the VW and Skoda are no-brainers.

Skoda and VW both now offer 4 yr. warranty as standard and also give you an option to take upfront maintenance packages. They are doing this to overhaul their image in India. They have come a long way and done a pretty good job of improving their image, specially Skoda as their service centres really damaged their image in the recent past. But like I said call up the showroom and arrange for test drives at home and then take a final call. 

Some one who owns a Vento from 6+ years I test drove the Kushaq and Taigun both, as we were looking to change car. The engine is a gem, steering is no way close to what it used to be, still OK. The interiors are wanting, hard plastics galore and don't think they have wireless android auto or carplay, it is wired (I might be wrong).

But then again Seltos and Creta are hardly any good themselves, though they are loaded with features. I still need to drive the Creta turbo once.

Check Slavia once, it has got good ground clearance for Sedan. The engine is good too.

2 minutes ago, AtheK said:

Some one who owns a Vento from 6+ years I test drove the Kushaq and Taigun both, as we were looking to change car. The engine is a gem, steering is no way close to what it used to be, still OK. The interiors are wanting, hard plastics galore and don't think they have wireless android auto or carplay, it is wired (I might be wrong).

But then again Seltos and Creta are hardly any good themselves, though they are loaded with features. I still need to drive the Creta turbo once.

Check Slavia once, it has got good ground clearance for Sedan. The engine is good too.

Taigun has wireless android auto/carplay for sure not so sure about Kushaq. 

2 minutes ago, SuperT said:

Taigun has wireless android auto/carplay for sure not so sure about Kushaq. 

Yes you are right, it is the expensive sibling Tiguan which is missing it. Surprising omission.

That said so many cars, but nothing seems perfect. Jeep compass is one car which I completely love and think has all the check boxes when it comes to features, but then again it is so so expensive. Petrol variant is lacking power, diesel is freakin expensive, and rear bench is a little less.

Waiting for the new Tucson

Just now, AtheK said:

Yes you are right, it is the expensive sibling Tiguan which is missing it. Surprising omission.

That said so many cars, but nothing seems perfect. Jeep compass is one car which I completely love and think has all the check boxes when it comes to features, but then again it is so so expensive. Petrol variant is lacking power, diesel is freakin expensive, and rear bench is a little less.

Waiting for the new Tucson

Jeep Compass is a brilliant car but overpriced by 3-4 lakhs. It is a very bad situation to be a buyer right now - due to shortages there are hardly any discount and really long waiting period. Tiguan doesn't make sense now that the Kodiaq has launched. I dont know why they are not considering the Karoq and T-Roc seriously for the Indian market. Brilliant cars but they keep the supplies limited to 1k-2k every year in CBU format which hurts the pricing. There is a lack of good options in the 15-20 lakhs segment and the Karoq and T-Roc are amazing in that segment if they can assemble them in India and take the Indian market seriously.