The Automobile Thread

Chaztin

2 minutes ago, SuperT said:

Jeep Compass is a brilliant car but overpriced by 3-4 lakhs. It is a very bad situation to be a buyer right now - due to shortages there are hardly any discount and really long waiting period. Tiguan doesn't make sense now that the Kodiaq has launched. I dont know why they are not considering the Karoq and T-Roc seriously for the Indian market. Brilliant cars but they keep the supplies limited to 1k-2k every year in CBU format which hurts the pricing. There is a lack of good options in the 15-20 lakhs segment and the Karoq and T-Roc are amazing in that segment if they can assemble them in India and take the Indian market seriously. 

Ya Karoq would have been perfect, Kodiaq is so expensive, but then it is well priced in it's segment.

I really like the tata twins, but that Infotainment system is an eye sore, so tough to get osmething which is near perfect. If you really want to look at something near perfect, it has to be the Petrol Turbo Creta top end.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KunjanPSD said:

We won't be selling Polo, even after 10years it only has 23k kms, so you get the usage, lol.

General city usage, don't expect it to run more than 10kms a day. Only on some occassions, maybe more than that. 

Space isn't a problem, majorly only 2 people will be in a car at once.

Only thing I am looking for is a good sound system, a great console, Carplay/Android Auto which is really fluid (not sure if Indian options have wireless options?).

The last one is absolutely the priority.

Other than that, a decent mileage with good ride quality and experience.

I am not even interested in Kia and Hyundai. 

Haven't tested Skoda ever but have heard horrible stories about the service situation.

VW is really good but the hardly the console lives upto it.

MG Hector is an option because my friend has one and likes it a lot plus has decent safety rating.

General city usage and Hector / Slavia etc. won't go hand in hand.

Do check out Nissan Kicks. Its a great product (marred by shitty marketing). You will be surprised by its turning radius. Bonus point - its a slow moving model and hence you can negotiate decent discounts.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AtheK said:

Ya Karoq would have been perfect, Kodiaq is so expensive, but then it is well priced in it's segment.

I really like the tata twins, but that Infotainment system is an eye sore, so tough to get osmething which is near perfect. If you really want to look at something near perfect, it has to be the Petrol Turbo Creta top end.

Almost 8-10 months waiting for the Creta :ko:

1 minute ago, SuperT said:

Almost 8-10 months waiting for the Creta :ko:

Ya because it is one of the most rounded car today, I can't get myself to like that front, the new facelift with Tucosn grill looks better.

If hyundai can keep the new Tucson priced at almost the same price ballpark as current one, I will pick the Diesel top end, the interiors look smashing, Diesel engine is very powerful, Should be the best possible way to sign off the IC engines before we make switch to EV as next car.

2 minutes ago, AtheK said:

Ya because it is one of the most rounded car today, I can't get myself to like that front, the new facelift with Tucosn grill looks better.

If hyundai can keep the new Tucson priced at almost the same price ballpark as current one, I will pick the Diesel top end, the interiors look smashing, Diesel engine is very powerful, Should be the best possible way to sign off the IC engines before we make switch to EV as next car.

Agreed. Creta's exterior styling just doesn't sit well with me. Also, I think the design wont age well. I love the VAG group cars styling so understated yet striking. Tucson has always been VFM and if they price it right they will have another car with 10 months waiting and bumper sales. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, KunjanPSD said:

Need suggestions for a new car as our Polo is no longer enough to service our needs. Either a sedan or a compact SUV like Seltos.

I had Honda Civic in mind but it has been discontinued and not sure when the new version will come.

A hybrid is what I am targetting.

Let me know if there are any suggestions or if some new car is coming out soon.

Budget?

Your usage demands a petrol only. 

Once budget is confirmed then only suggestions will be of value.

23 minutes ago, harsh1387 said:

Budget?

Your usage demands a petrol only. 

Once budget is confirmed then only suggestions will be of value.

I mean, we as a family don't really invest in depreciating value assets (for the lack of better words). Typical Govt. job, academic background situation.

Need a decent car because two people need to get out the house now, the new one being me.

So targetting 20-25L.

Wouldn't mind spending less, lol.

I don't see any value in going more than that. Until and unless there is a real tangible benefit in going over that, not gonna spend more. That's why Honda Civic was checking all the points.

I don't like Creta, hate the look.

Taigun is really boring, interior wise.

Tucson is gonna be closer to 30L.

Can consider Slavia and Kushaq.

Edited by KunjanPSD

7 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

I mean, we as a family don't really invest in depreciating value assets (for the lack of better words). Typical Govt. job, academic background situation.

Need a decent car because two people need to get out the house now, the new one being me.

So targetting 20-25L.

I don't see any value in going more than that. Until and unless there is a real tangible benefit in going over that, not gonna spend more. That's why Honda Civic was checking all the points.

Harrier or Safari?

I see you are in Delhi, abse kam road tax hai bhai, maze lo zindagi ke!!

9 minutes ago, AtheK said:

Harrier or Safari?

I see you are in Delhi, abse kam road tax hai bhai, maze lo zindagi ke!!

Yehi do option hai kya?

Wasn't thinking of buying a Tata.

Bhai, maze toh me le lu but jabse job start kari hai tabse mom ne haath baand liye hai apne, lol. 

4 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

Yehi do option hai kya?

Wasn't thinking of buying a Tata.

Bhai, maze toh me le lu but jabse job start kari hai tabse mom ne haath baand liye hai apne, lol. 

25 lac main harrier mast hai, though safari has more features.

If you are checking Slavia then check out Honda City too. Almost all needed features, great engine, Honda reliability and it is really spacious. 

Harrier and Safari only comes in diesel. For your usage and NCR ban scenario stick with petrol only. 

XUV700 could have been a good option but waiting is too long. Similar is for Creta, Seltos. 

Kushaq might have less waiting. Compass is overpriced plus Keep service is a nightmare. 

How about Hector? 

The only issue it has is low mileage but as your usage is quite less that's a non issue. Otherwise very good engine and all creatures comforts. Do check it out.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, AtheK said:

25 lac main harrier mast hai, though safari has more features.

5 minutes ago, harsh1387 said:

How about Hector? 

I will start checking out Hector, Harrier and Slavia.

If Civic 2022 would have been released then it would have been no question purchase for me.

Thanks.

2 hours ago, KunjanPSD said:

So targetting 20-25L.

I would totally recommend going for Seltos. Nothing beats the looks, features and resale value. I have paid through the nose for servicing my Tata Aria. They literally wait for your warranty to get over and then start finding errors that previously werent there and cost a lot to fix. I am sorry to say that Tata Motors is a really great car manufacturer but a very poor service provider. I rejected Nexon EV for the same reason. I cry every time I fill petrol but I will not touch another Tata for a decade more. 

My relatives in Noida bought a Tata Harrier after riding my Aria (it is a great car) and they were blown away with the quality. But their new car was literally in the garage for 6 months. 

Skoda:- driver's car. sh*t service. Poor resale. 

Honda:- Can close shop anytime.

Tata:- Great cars. Poor service.

Maruti:- Lel car.

Hyundai:- Shitty design.

Kia:- FTW. 

Edited by Bhpian Bali

11 hours ago, harsh1387 said:

If you are checking Slavia then check out Honda City too. Almost all needed features, great engine, Honda reliability and it is really spacious. 

Yes, I myself am planning to get the 5th gen city sometime this year. Do have a look. 

10 hours ago, Bhpian Bali said:

Honda:- Can close shop anytime.

:nerves: Are there any rumours?

10 hours ago, Bhpian Bali said:

I would totally recommend going for Seltos. Nothing beats the looks, features and resale value.

Yup, have a Seltos in the house and its pretty darn good. Would recommend it.

5 hours ago, LordSpymaster said:

:nerves: Are there any rumours?

Unfortunately, yes. People think Honda might be the next company to exit the Indian market after Ford. 
No new launches, just facelifts:roflroll:
There is no significant upgrades or a WOW factor in any of their cars and let's not forget the demand for SUVs here.

Edited by BRHeadHunter

2 hours ago, BRHeadHunter said:

Yeah. people think Honda might be the next to exit the Indian market after Ford. 
No new launches, just facelifts:roflroll:
There is no significant upgrades or a WOW factor in any of their cars and let's not forget the demand for SUVs here.

And not to forget quality has gone to sh*t, and it is no more an aspirational brand anymore.

• Sad 1