The Automobile Thread

Chaztin

Booking amount for Kushaq is 25k. Octavia, Superb is 50k. I don’t know why the waiting period for Kushaq as I had seen more than 25 Kushaq’s in stockyard and sales rep told me apart for one variant (something with 6 airbag) all others are immediately available. 

41 minutes ago, LordSpymaster said:

When we got the Seltos (Oct'21), only paid 25K as the booking amount. Not sure why your local dealer is asking for this much

Supply crunch most probably.

They don't want people backing out.

12 minutes ago, sumanth said:

Booking amount for Kushaq is 25k. Octavia, Superb is 50k. I don’t know why the waiting period for Kushaq as I had seen more than 25 Kushaq’s in stockyard and sales rep told me apart for one variant (something with 6 airbag) all others are immediately available. 

I don't know. I was enquiring for top of the line petrol version and the color combination I wanted was apparently not available.

43 minutes ago, SaiKO said:

I paid 25k booking amount back in 2020 when I booked my Seltos HTX petrol. Got the car within 1 and half month in Bangalore.

50k booking amount and 5 months waiting period sounds crazy.
That too in a place like Delhi, it suppose to be cheaper.

Lot has changed since 2020.

50k is standard across cars in the 20-20L segment.

Maybe they aren't expecting Slavia and Hector Plus to just roll off the line.

32 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

I don't know. I was enquiring for top of the line petrol version and the color combination I wanted was apparently not available.

Just tell the dealership the online website quotes booking is 35k then why are you asking for more, tell him you will report it to Skoda. No one can force you to pay extra booking amount. Zac Hollis (India Head for Skoda) is super active and prompt on twitter. Just check 1-2 dealers Kushaq should be easily available with a waiting of 1-2 months, some showrooms have car in stock for next day delivery. Slavia has a long wait time. Hector/Creta/Seltos all are 8-10 months and they will talk to you as if they are doing you a favor by attending to you. 

Kushaq top variant is on demand, and only that I think it has a 2-3 months waiting period. 

The mid/ambition variant should be available at good discounts for the 2021 stock, (75-1L) discount. 

I gave in and got the 1.5 Turbo Style in December, it was the last available 2021 style variant in stock with the dealer, then. It's a hoot to drive! 

Since you've shortlisted the Kushaq@KunjanPSD, I would totally recommend getting the 1.5! 

IMG-20220103-142346.jpg

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

What are people's thoughts on Alcazar ?

I didn't really like it. The front seats are fine. The back seats are cramped because they had to stuff in that 3rd row of seats. The less said about that 3rd row, the better. It's useless, unless you're making toddlers sit there. Driving wise, the diesel felt exactly like the Creta diesel but a bit worse ig? IMO Tucson or Creta are better choices from the Hyundai lineup. 

1 minute ago, Dingbat123 said:

I didn't really like it. The front seats are fine. The back seats are cramped because they had to stuff in that 3rd row of seats. The less said about that 3rd row, the better. It's useless, unless you're making toddlers sit there. Driving wise, the diesel felt exactly like the Creta diesel but a bit worse ig? IMO Tucson or Creta are better choices from the Hyundai lineup. 

Still looking for a 6 seater. :cry:

2 minutes ago, SuperT said:

Wait for a couple of months Kia and Jeep both are coming out with 7 seaters soon. More the competition more the discount on existing 7 seaters. 

Kia and Jeep will hit upwards of 25-30L i guess. 

I drove an XL6, and I did not enjoy the driving. Same for Triber. 

Back to looking at a 2nd hand Innova. 

Except for absolutely fail models every other is on a waiting list due to chip shortage. Expect anywhere from 4-8 months of waiting for popular ones. When we got our Sonet in September it was on a 5 month minimum waiting and we got it in 2 months due to lot of haggling and approach. It's better to book with couple of dealers so whoever gets first may help in reduced waiting period. The situation with chip shortage is unlikely to be solved by this year atleast.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/21/2022 at 4:46 PM, KunjanPSD said:

I dont know if you are still in the market for a car. I went with a family member to check out cars today - both Kushaq and Taigun readily available. 

21 minutes ago, SuperT said:

I dont know if you are still in the market for a car. I went with a family member to check out cars today - both Kushaq and Taigun readily available. 

Yes, I am.

Just waiting to try Hector too. Been a bit busy, will decide which to get soon.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/21/2022 at 7:37 PM, Bird Bird Bird said:

Kia and Jeep will hit upwards of 25-30L i guess. 

I drove an XL6, and I did not enjoy the driving. Same for Triber. 

Back to looking at a 2nd hand Innova. 

Kia Carens have nailed it with the pricing. Check it out. Its priced better than the XL6 and has more features/safety. Also, the 6th row is actually usable in the Carens. Don't know about the drive though, it has a diesel and petrol option so you can test drive both and see. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ok so this is gonna sound ultra dumb but I just wanted to check up with you guys. There is this other forum called Team-BHP for automotive stuff. I made a post there which had a spelling mistake in it and I received an infraction and got banned for 3 months. Is that normal to get banned for spelling mistake?, that feels really grammar Nazi level insane sh*t. 

PS: Not sure if we are allowed to mention other forums :fear:

Edited by i_rock098

51 minutes ago, i_rock098 said:

Ok so this is gonna sound ultra dumb but I just wanted to check up with you guys. There is this other forum called Team-BHP for automotive stuff. I made a post there which had a spelling mistake in it and I received an infraction and got banned for 3 months. Is that normal to get banned for spelling mistake?, that feels really grammar Nazi level insane sh*t. 

It might not be just because of spelling error. They are very strict about the content you post. I am a member there and have received a warning for saying congratulations to one guy :lol: because apparently one word posts are frowned upon. 

The admins and mods are a bit paranoid about quality but I do enjoy reading various threads there and most members are friendly. @AtheK posts regularly there.

7 hours ago, b!T said:

It might not be just because of spelling error. They are very strict about the content you post. I am a member there and have received a warning for saying congratulations to one guy :lol: because apparently one word posts are frowned upon. 

The admins and mods are a bit paranoid about quality but I do enjoy reading various threads there and most members are friendly. @AtheK posts regularly there.

I got my membership long time ago, but as i remember, i had to write some essay about why i like some car. At first i thought it was a joke, then i realised they were pretty serious about it.

I like their travelogues forum.  And they are super friendly and give excellent tips about roads/ eateries etc

On 3/19/2022 at 4:13 PM, TheGothamChampion said:

Does anyone here owns S cross?

What is your issue? 

8 hours ago, i_rock098 said:

While I dont post over there regularly if I do I make sure the post is meaningful and contribute something to the discussion. Your posts have to be factual or logical. My english is not that great so I am sure that I make frequent grammatical errors myself and I have never got any infraction points for them as I try to carry forward the discussion.

i recently even managed to troll a member there. 

also Slang, more than two emojis in a post, .... and one liners are not allowed. You must have accidentally used a slang word or something.

Edited by Bhpian Bali