The Automobile Thread

Chaztin

3 hours ago, Ne0 said:

I got my membership long time ago, but as i remember, i had to write some essay about why i like some car. At first i thought it was a joke, then i realised they were pretty serious about it.

Same here. I actually thought its a joke and got rejected once. They gave me a membership for the second application.

11 hours ago, i_rock098 said:

Ok so this is gonna sound ultra dumb but I just wanted to check up with you guys. There is this other forum called Team-BHP for automotive stuff. I made a post there which had a spelling mistake in it and I received an infraction and got banned for 3 months. Is that normal to get banned for spelling mistake?, that feels really grammar Nazi level insane sh*t. 

PS: Not sure if we are allowed to mention other forums :fear:

Brilliant forum, but very strict when it comes to posts. So just double check before posting. I think some of the regular members of PS vs Xbox thread would get life bans there :roflroll:

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, i_rock098 said:

Ok so this is gonna sound ultra dumb but I just wanted to check up with you guys. There is this other forum called Team-BHP for automotive stuff. I made a post there which had a spelling mistake in it and I received an infraction and got banned for 3 months. Is that normal to get banned for spelling mistake?, that feels really grammar Nazi level insane sh*t. 

PS: Not sure if we are allowed to mention other forums :fear:

I believe T-Bhp was started in 2004 and i have been a member since 2006. They were quite strict about membership then and are ultra tight now. The reason for it is simple. There is simply no trolling on that forum. They don't take sponsorship from any manufacturer and every review is absolutely neutral and without bias. There is a strict etiquette for posting which is mentioned in rules which maintains the quality of the forum. 

The reviews not just for cars but for gadgets or anything else is quite exemplary and needless to say since I have been member everything I buy has a huge influence of that forum. 

For newbies rules may look strict and overdone but with time people come to understand the value of it. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, b!T said:

It might not be just because of spelling error. They are very strict about the content you post. I am a member there and have received a warning for saying congratulations to one guy :lol: because apparently one word posts are frowned upon. 

The admins and mods are a bit paranoid about quality but I do enjoy reading various threads there and most members are friendly. @AtheK posts regularly there.

Thank you so much for the perspective, I agree that the content is good but definitely against the fact that things like saying congratulations gets you warning is dumb AF no two ways about it.

12 hours ago, Ne0 said:

I got my membership long time ago, but as i remember, i had to write some essay about why i like some car. At first i thought it was a joke, then i realised they were pretty serious about it.

I like their travelogues forum.  And they are super friendly and give excellent tips about roads/ eateries etc

I know, also the funny thing is that I am more of a motorcycle person and while they do have have a dedicated forum for motorcycles one of the interview questions was to describe what you like about car when I don't really have a fav car to write about and could not write about motorcycles instead. Felt a little restrictive in that sense. 

12 hours ago, Bhpian Bali said:

What is your issue? 

While I dont post over there regularly if I do I make sure the post is meaningful and contribute something to the discussion. Your posts have to be factual or logical. My english is not that great so I am sure that I make frequent grammatical errors myself and I have never got any infraction points for them as I try to carry forward the discussion.

i recently even managed to troll a member there. 

also Slang, more than two emojis in a post, .... and one liners are not allowed. You must have accidentally used a slang word or something.

Even I don't post there often, more of a reader there hence why the ban docent really bother me much but the reason I was given a ban for a spelling mistake still makes me a bit pissed. Like if the ban was for trolling/shitposting at least that will feel deserved even if I don't agree with it but spelling is something that feels way stupid as a reason for ban. The modal sent to me literally said to use a spell check before posting on the forum. Had not used any slags or emojis.

9 hours ago, SuperT said:

Brilliant forum, but very strict when it comes to posts. So just double check before posting. I think some of the regular members of PS vs Xbox thread would get life bans there :roflroll:

Hahaha, true that.

7 hours ago, harsh1387 said:

I believe T-Bhp was started in 2004 and i have been a member since 2006. They were quite strict about membership then and are ultra tight now. The reason for it is simple. There is simply no trolling on that forum. They don't take sponsorship from any manufacturer and every review is absolutely neutral and without bias. There is a strict etiquette for posting which is mentioned in rules which maintains the quality of the forum. 

The reviews not just for cars but for gadgets or anything else is quite exemplary and needless to say since I have been member everything I buy has a huge influence of that forum. 

For newbies rules may look strict and overdone but with time people come to understand the value of it. 

There is a very fine line between being restrictive about quality content and being respective from the point of authoritative restrictions. Active banning for trolling/shitposting is understandable, for incorrect use of grammar is literally grammar nazi level restrictive. This is of course my perspective and you might have a different view and that's completely fair. Like I mentioned I am more of a motorcycle guy and there was an amazing forum called bhp dedicated only to motorcycle stuff, but unfortunately that forum is completely dead is the only reason I even signed up for Team-BHP. While there motorcycle section is not upto the level of other stuff there literally is not other option.

All of this actually makes me glad that IVG (Gaming Indians) was my first forum back in 2008 and still is kind the only one which I visit regularly due to the awesome content and freedom here. I was actually banned on GI as well on my first week of joining back in 2008 in fact by Athek but I actually deserved that due to spamming. I don't think the mods here have ever banned anyone here for incorrect use of English, grammar of pronunciation and the quality still has been amazing.

you can write about motorcycle in the car part, they will be happy to read through it. But just like how IVG (GI) was intially Console heavy, and PC posts were very less, TBHP also started with cars predominantly.  

Ya they are pretty strict, i have myself got infractions, but then the good thing is it's not selctive and across the board, so that keeps the content good and readable. In IVG we are liberal, but then we are very less in number too. 

As some one mentioned spend sometime there and you will start appericating them, though yes sometimes it feels pretty restrictive.

On 3/22/2022 at 7:58 PM, i_rock098 said:

I don't think the mods here have ever banned anyone here for incorrect use of English, grammar of pronunciation and the quality still has been amazing.

watching you meet the parents GIF

:devil:

13 hours ago, SuperT said:

https://www.cartoq.com/6-airbags-made-mandatory-in-cars-from-1-october-2022/

A step in the right direction. If it gets strictly implemented then Maruti is going to be the worst hit. 

As of the current orders, They wont be effected as they don't have any 8 seater car. They will make it compulsory for all cars maybe from next year. 

20 hours ago, SuperT said:

https://www.cartoq.com/6-airbags-made-mandatory-in-cars-from-1-october-2022/

A step in the right direction. If it gets strictly implemented then Maruti is going to be the worst hit. 

Highly appreciated!

I remember when ABS and airbags were a  "luxury" item offered ~10 years back. Glad that India is catching up!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Booked Carens today. 4 months wait for MT. 7 months plus for AT. :lol:

Edit: Also price increase by almost 2% in April. 

Good start taxi service also now!!!

forrest gump GIF

forrest GIF

Congratulations bro!!

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Booked Carens today. 4 months wait for MT. 7 months plus for AT. :lol:

Edit: Also price increase by almost 2% in April. 

Which variant Mr. Karens? :lol:

1 hour ago, abhi90 said:

Which variant Mr. Karens? :lol:

Luxury Plus Diesel MT. 6 seater. Didn't go for AT as DCT requires more maintainence, I've heard of heating issues in other DCT cars. Plus MT gives a sense of control of power delivery to engine. 

I really loved the TC Petrol but TC engines don't have a long life (SA said about 120KMs, so I'm guessing the real number is around 100k KMs).  NA is just dependable. 

Diesel has a lag at lower RPMs, but gets a life of it's own beyond 2000 RPM. 

Also, the 3rd gear is awesome. Can go as low as 700 rpm, and cruises at 15-20 kmph, and still says fine till 65 kmph, 1600 rpm. It sort of starts giving up after that. But 2000 on 4th gear, and we are talking FUN ! 

Overall, great for sedate city ride, and good for highway too. I just wish it had better pick up from standstill. 

TC Petrol is :punk:. Quite literally a noiseless cabin, and very less if any lag. Fun to drive. 

I should add that very surprisingly, Diesel MT also had virtually noiseless cabin. Great job at insulation by Kia. Only thing we were hearing were the fans at about level 3, with CC on. 

Ventilated seats keep the bum cool. 

Comfortable space at 2nd and 3rd rows. Spacious cabin. Good sized windows. 

1 hour ago, SuperT said:

Congrats man! 

BTW rookie numbers. XUV 700 - 1.5 yrs waiting period/ Hyundai Creta - 1 yr.

Crazy man! 

Pre pandemic, companies were offering discounts, price protection. Now customers are begging for the cars to just get delivered as early as possible. 

• Like 1