The Automobile Thread

Chaztin

1 hour ago, KunjanPSD said:

Can you elaborate about mod potential?

I didn't know about Virtus and having driven a VW car, I was expecting a downgrade as I didn't like Taigun and its bland interior but Virtus looks good with enough features + better media centre.

If this drives well then I might just consider this. Although VW's service is not that great when it comes to spare parts, they phased out our Polo's brake sensor and now at the age of 8 years, can't get it fixed.

But that is the beauty of polo you can easily get it from outside, it’s a car which has sold by truck loads in the world. Let me know which part number I might be able to source it for you.

Regarding mods you can easily remap the engine, get better suspension setup, for polo you can swap parts with GTi model, potential are endless.

My vento is running on stage 2; and is on around 132 bhp with around 235 torque, stock is 104 bhp and 175 nm torque, so you can gauge the difference. My car also has launch control and updated DSg software too ;)

if you want to know more feel free to Pm me.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, AtheK said:

But that is the beauty of polo you can easily get it from outside, it’s a car which has sold by truck loads in the world. Let me know which part number I might be able to source it for you.

Regarding mods you can easily remap the engine, get better suspension setup, for polo you can swap parts with GTi model, potential are endless.

My vento is running on stage 2; and is on around 132 bhp with around 235 torque, stock is 104 bhp and 175 nm torque, so you can gauge the difference. My car also has launch control and updated DSg software too ;)

if you want to know more feel free to Pm me.

I'll check the part number for Polo but now I am kinda into Virtus. Definitely considering it, does any of the mods void the warranty?

How much does it cost to make such mods, for the ones you did to Vento without part swap?

15 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

I'll check the part number for Polo but now I am kinda into Virtus. Definitely considering it, does any of the mods void the warranty?

How much does it cost to make such mods, for the ones you did to Vento without part swap?

Well you tamper with ECU so ya warranty technically gets void, but you can always reflash the stock ECU back before claiming any warranty claims. That said initially drive on standard power it is close to 150 bhp that is anyway way above 104 bhp you get now. Once you are boerd we can do the remap.

If you just want to do Stage 1 that is ECU remap, it depends on tuner, can cost anything from 15k - 25K depending how good the tuner is and wuality of tune. Stage 2 you will need to change few parts.

Edited by AtheK

11 minutes ago, AtheK said:

Well you tamper with ECU so ya warranty technically gets void, but you can always reflash the stock ECU back before claiming any warranty claims. That said initially drive on standard power it is close to 150 bhp that is anyway way above 104 bhp you get now. Once you are boerd we can do the remap.

If you just want to do Stage 1 that is ECU remap, it depends on tuner, can cost anything from 15k - 25K depending how good the tuner is and wuality of tune. Stage 2 you will need to change few parts.

Cool, thanks a lot.

I was looking for a compact SUV and have just been waiting for new facelifts.

This on the other hand, looks good.

20 minutes ago, AtheK said:

What about decreasing power via a remap to increase "kitna deti hai" factor :naughty:

33 minutes ago, abhi90 said:

What about decreasing power via a remap to increase "kitna deti hai" factor :naughty:

save money buy tin dabba from maruti, deti hi deti hai, aur kahin lag jaye to bahut leti hai!!

7 minutes ago, AtheK said:

save money buy tin dabba from maruti, deti hi deti hai, aur kahin lag jaye to bahut leti hai!!

It's funny to hear it coming from people. I know someone who wants to buy a car in the 20-25L category but mileage is one if his primary concerns! Meanwhile his running is also normal and not egregiously high

12 minutes ago, abhi90 said:

It's funny to hear it coming from people. I know someone who wants to buy a car in the 20-25L category but mileage is one if his primary concerns! Meanwhile his running is also normal and not egregiously high

I Know, people prefer touch screen over airbags, can't help man, just say good thought I agree, and move on. I only fight with my close friends or family, dont care about others.

18 minutes ago, AtheK said:

I Know, people prefer touch screen over airbags, can't help man, just say good thought I agree, and move on. I only fight with my close friends or family, dont care about others.

I just nod and move on :lol:

On 4/1/2022 at 1:12 PM, Mr. Comingle said:

Does anyone have a Nexon EV here? 

I'm pretty set on buying one and want to know the general experience of owning one and also the subsidy scenes. 

Although I dont own one but I did research about it a lot and subsidies on it . 

You get 1L subsidy which you will receive directly in your bank account in Maharashtra .

You don't get FAME II subsidy anymore on commercial vehicles. 

Apart from Subsidy most states charge flat amount in range of 5-10k as RTO charges compared to 10-13% for Petrol/Diesel cars which is also a huge saving .

On 4/1/2022 at 1:12 PM, Bird Bird Bird said:

Yeah this thing sucks about car companies here.

Doesn't matter when you order , car companies will bill you on the day they dispatch cars . So if price rises even on the day of delivery for a car you ordered months back you will stay have to pay new price . 

And when you add increase in insurance and RTO charges to increase in ex showroom price - net increase amount can reach upto a lakh on higher end variants. 

10 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

Is there any car in the Indian market which offers remote features like turning the AC on before you actually get into the car?

Quite a few cars have it in US and EU but I don't see any here especially in the sub 25L segment.

My Sonet does it. I think Seltos has this too.

Car shouldn't be in handbrake. In Park  just need to hold the middle button on the key and it starts. Quite handy in the Delhi heat. 

20 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

Is there any car in the Indian market which offers remote features like turning the AC on before you actually get into the car?

Quite a few cars have it in US and EU but I don't see any here especially in the sub 25L segment.

Quite a few ATs have this feature. Sadly I think MTs don't. 

25 minutes ago, harsh1387 said:

My Sonet does it. I think Seltos has this too.

Car shouldn't be in handbrake. In Park  just need to hold the middle button on the key and it starts. Quite handy in the Delhi heat. 

Shouldn't be in handbrake? So we are supposed to park without handbrake? Isn't that a safety concern?

How does this work? Hold the middle button from the balcony and it starts the AC?

I am from Delhi too and specifically looking for this feature.

23 hours ago, KunjanPSD said:

Shouldn't be in handbrake? So we are supposed to park without handbrake? Isn't that a safety concern?

How does this work? Hold the middle button from the balcony and it starts the AC?

I am from Delhi too and specifically looking for this feature.

In my experience car doesn't move in Park also if there is no handbrake pulled. Although I won't recommend this on an incline. On flat surface it's safe to park in just Park. 

Yes, just hold the middle button for couple of seconds and car starts. Car stays locked unless you unlock it. 

You can check YouTube videos to see how exactly this works.