The Automobile Thread

Chaztin

58 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

How's the general experience? Ride quality, maintenance, range, service and charging network in particular.

The general experience is good.. nexon ev is a proper car and a proper electric vehicle. I drove tigor first as it was available and reasonably priced but hated the cabin space.. thankfully a nexon xm was readily available and I picked it up. 

I love the ride and handling. The steering is harder than my seltos. First few days my arms hurt. But it feels 500 kgs more solid than my seltos. I feel like i am driving a very heavy vehicle and that is reassuring. Pickup on D mode is insane. I dont use sports mode at all as it is 1% for 1 KM. 

Charging network around Pune is good but you will get more details on plugshare app. Select CCS 2 on it and deselect all other options. CCS2 is fast charging network. I dont know which city you are from. But i rely on home charging only. Other places are just a backup option. 

I drove a Nexon AMT and quite liked the spaciousness and general feature set of the car. 

The XZ variant is very well loaded. Dont buy XM like me I am already irritated with certain features and the lack of some. Sadly accessories cannot be added to this car without approval from Tata Motors.

Quite keen on getting an EV considering that the on road price with subsidies is not that high compared to petrol automatic.

I actually give the same advice to everyone. Instead of buying a petrol or Diesel auto just get Nexon EV. With subsidies it is very cost effective. Mine cost 12.5 on road. 

Plus the automatic shifting really wasn't that great. 

That's because it is an AMT and not a CVT or DCT. Amt is just automated manual gears. 

My current car is a 12 Yr old wagonr so it's going to be good regardless. 

More concerned wrt the EV specific factors. 

With the charging network around Pune i can easily do trips to Mumbai, Goa, Nashik, Aurangabad. 

I recommend get it if it is within budget. Road tax is nil in most states, Most States have subsidies and you get loan deduction as well.

Central government doesn't give any subsidy. 

Edit:- I get around 245 kms range on full charge.. 

Edited by Bhpian Bali
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Thanks for this. 

I'm from Mumbai and will be using it for city driving mostly so home charging is sufficient. 

The fact that you can do road trips is reassuring. 

I do plan of getting the higher end variant and not just the base model. 

Yes only rely on home charging from day one and you will have a better plan to manage the range. If you rely on charging anywhere else then you have to consider that nexon ev has a 30 kwh battery i.e. 30 units of electricity. It charges @10 % or 3.3 kwh per hour. So basically 3.3 units of electricity per hour. It will take 8 hrs from 0 to 100%.

DC fast chargers are 25 Kwh or 25 units in one hour hence the 0 to 80 % in one hour. 

you need to have a min 3 phase connection of 7kwh at home.

A person in Pune nexon ev group did Pune-Goa return last week. Charged his NEV at 3 spots. 1st charge at Satara, 2nd at Kolhapur and 3rd one at Belgaum. 

I was quite keen on Nexon EV. There were 2 drawbacks. No subsidy in NCR and the charging infra for trips to Punjab and uttrakhand was iffy. That's why got the Diesel Auto but when we will change it in few years i will definitely pick an EV. 

Anyone looking for an Automatic please do not get an AMT. No matter the brand amt will give you a headache sooner or later. Just yesterday friends Nexon Amt gearbox failed and service center is refusing to change stuff in warranty. Thankfully I know people ín that service center so the matter has been sent to Tata for warranty change. It's a headache you would like to avoid. 

Edited by harsh1387

3 minutes ago, harsh1387 said:

Anyone looking for an Automatic please do not get an AMT

Also, AMT is pretty lackluster to drive. The lag will annoy you.

2 hours ago, Mr. Comingle said:

These new startups in general have terrible customer service. Had an absolutely dogshit experience with zoomcar recently. I had booked a Baleno and they gave me a celerio with no prior notification and offered 200 rupees refund. Had to be on call for over 6 hours with over 6 reallotments to actual be out and about on my trip. 

After that too had issues, but I decided to just eat the loss and move on with life. 

I hope that company burns to the f**king ground. 

I’ve used ZC 3 times. First two were good, but the last experience was super sh*t. They never delivered the car, the driver’s number was off, and CC kept me on hold for hours. 
Thankfully got a refund via multiple complaints, but had to spend much on taxi at the end. 

I don't understand the hate for AT.

For me it absolutely doesn't make sense for manual transmission because of the fear of replacement.

If the company is not changing it within warranty then the company is scum but haven't really seen my friends facing any issues. And nowadays, lag is minimal too.

Can't give up quality of life benefits of AT and generally the extended features, just because of fear of cost. If that's the case then it doesn't even make sense to buy a car because at the end it's a liability anyway.

If you want to drive a manual then that's a completely different topic.

2 hours ago, LordSpymaster said:

Guys, 

Slavia v/s the 5th gen Honda City? Looking at only petrol trop end manual variants. 

Does Skoda have good after sales now? Along with a decent repair network? 

Autocar have done a review between them on YouTube. Watch that.

Personally I never recommend anyone VAG group car. The service is always suspectible and there are more disgruntled customers than satisfied ones. Honda is quite reliable with my own experience of owning Honda City for 7 years. 

If you are looking at Honda City then why not go for Honda City hybrid. It's much better and the FE is brilliant. 

If you are fine with VAG group then wait for Virtus as well which looks better than Slavia. 

16 minutes ago, harsh1387 said:

Personally I never recommend anyone VAG group car. The service is always suspectible and there are more disgruntled customers than satisfied ones. Honda is quite reliable with my own experience of owning Honda City for 7 years. 

If you are looking at Honda City then why not go for Honda City hybrid. It's much better and the FE is brilliant. 

If you are fine with VAG group then wait for Virtus as well which looks better than Slavia. 

Haven't had issue with VW service per se.

And once warranty is over, you can pretty much get it serviced from anywhere.

I would also recommend Hybrid City over normal one, unofficial bookings are open.

Civic Hybrid 2022 would have been great if only they released it in India.

2 hours ago, KunjanPSD said:

Wait for VW Virtus.

Hmm didn't about that. I'll see if it launches soon, my target is to book around June, depending on return to office.

1 hour ago, harsh1387 said:

Yup, that's why I want the Honda. I know it's reliability is going to be better than the Euro ones, plus cheaper to maintain.

Not the hybrid since that's going to be out of my budget...

41 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

Haven't had issue with VW service per se.

And once warranty is over, you can pretty much get it serviced from anywhere.

I would also recommend Hybrid City over normal one, unofficial bookings are open.

Civic Hybrid 2022 would have been great if only they released it in India.

How costly is the official service compared to a Honda / Hyundai?

13 minutes ago, LordSpymaster said:

Hmm didn't about that. I'll see if it launches soon, my target is to book around June, depending on return to office.

Yup, that's why I want the Honda. I know it's reliability is going to be better than the Euro ones, plus cheaper to maintain.

Not the hybrid since that's going to be out of my budget...

How costly is the official service compared to a Honda / Hyundai?

If you want the official service then don't get VW. It's gonna be expensive.

AMC helps but only for a bit.

But third party service is pretty easy and reliable to get.

21 hours ago, LordSpymaster said:

Guys, 

Slavia v/s the 5th gen Honda City? Looking at only petrol trop end manual variants. 

Does Skoda have good after sales now? Along with a decent repair network? 

Honda makes pretty reliable vehicle. Also they are not that expensive to maintain. My cousin's 2005 city still works great. VW group cars are still pretty expensive to maintain. But keeping maintenance aside, Slavia is better car than city in terms of performance, extra ground clearance is Slavia comes in handy on Indian road conditions. Also, for some reason, honda infotainment systems are straight up garbage. 

Guys - is anyone registered on team bhp here ? I need to get a VIN decoded, and the usual sites are not helpful. 

They have a thread where certain members help in decoding: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying-car/96830-article-find-your-cars-date-manufacture-vin-251.html

Please let me know, will PM the VIN number. 

8 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Guys - is anyone registered on team bhp here ? I need to get a VIN decoded, and the usual sites are not helpful. 

They have a thread where certain members help in decoding: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying-car/96830-article-find-your-cars-date-manufacture-vin-251.html

@AtheK

30 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

I can help you!

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Send it to me

• Thanks 1