The Automobile Thread

Chaztin

3 hours ago, LordSpymaster said:

Honda City hybrid launch is today. Rumoured to skip a spare tyre and be about 2L above the top variant. 

dafaq! Not even a spacesaver?

3 hours ago, LordSpymaster said:

Honda City hybrid launch is today. Rumoured to skip a spare tyre and be about 2L above the top variant. 

"It will be expensive at an expected price of around Rs 19 lakh, though it still lacks a good central touchscreen and is missing features like connected tech, wireless charging, wireless Apple CarPlay (and Android Auto) and cooled seats. "

From Autocar's test drive in Bangkok.

I won't pay 20L for a car which does not include these features.

• 3 weeks later...

I have one with SBI. Got 7.5% for my cibil(74x), with no pre-closure or partial pre-pay charges.
There will be processing charges(~2000), but if there's any offer, that will be waived off.

You might get slightly better rates if cibil is 750+.

Edited by Ram Dante
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, LordSpymaster said:

Has anyone taken a car loan or have experience with any bank for it? In terms of service which one has been good? What hidden charges have you seen? Any pre-closure tips for it? 

I enquired about it recently. 

Most important thing to keep in mind is fixed vs floating rates. If you feel the repo rates are going to go up, better to go for fixed rates, else floating (fixed rates are currently one of the lowest right now AFA Indian lending goes). 

I was offered 7.25% floating by SBI, PNB, HDFC and ICICI. Later two were pre-approved, and had the lowest time lag for sanction letter generation. The showroom had ties with the former two, and could get things finalized in a couple of days. Processing fees were more or less the same across all 4 banks. 

Try to get fixed rate if you can - it's unlikely to go below 7.25% IMO. 

Edit: Preclosure was free with SBI and PNB. HDFC has the most asinine pre closure policy. ICICI was OK with free PC after 1 year of EMI payment. 

Edited by Bird Bird Bird
  • Thanks 1

Guys iam going to upgrade my 6 year old creta with 1.35 lakhs km driven.

Iam confused between  tata safari and hyundai alcazar. Need to be 6/7 seater and a diesel variant, budget around 23 lakhs. I want to get tata safari but dont have confidence on tata/mahindra reliability. Dunno if they have removed reliability in last few years. Polo gt is my primary vehicle. suv would be used by family with chauffeur.

3 hours ago, ΨΨ babloos ΨΨ said:

Iam confused between  tata safari and hyundai alcazar. Need to be 6/7 seater and a diesel variant, budget around 23 lakhs. I want to get tata safari but dont have confidence on tata/mahindra reliability. Dunno if they have removed reliability in last few years. Polo gt is my primary vehicle. suv would be used by family with chauffeur.

While both options are technically 6/7 seater, the 3rd row is good enough for kids, not adults. Do a TD with all rows filled to see what fits your family. 

Also check TBHP. Quite a number of small issues/niggles with Tata/Mahindra premium vehicles (whereas the more mass market versions are faring much better). Heck, there are a few  issues with XUV700 as well, and that vehicle still has around 18 months waiting ! 

Among premium vehicles, I'll place bets with Hyundai over Tata. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, blitzkreiig said:

Guys i need a particular set of Ceat Tyres for Standard 500 but am unable to find either locally or at the Ceat website. Is there any any online site (not Amazon) which delivers tyres at home.

I've used Tyresnmore last year, and found them extremely professional. They come with your choice of tyres, and provide home installation. 

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, ΨΨ babloos ΨΨ said:

Why are you not considering kia carens?

19 hours ago, Bhpian Bali said:

Why are you not considering kia carens?

Long waiting period about 4months

Did test drive diesel engine feels little underpowered where as same engine on alcazar felt ok. Have removed alcazar from my buying list now its between Tata safari and MG hector plus.  even mg hector diesel variant has long waiting period.

5 hours ago, ΨΨ babloos ΨΨ said:

Long waiting period about 4months

Did test drive diesel engine feels little underpowered where as same engine on alcazar felt ok. Have removed alcazar from my buying list now its between Tata safari and MG hector plus.  even mg hector diesel variant has long waiting period.

Is Alcazar using the same Diesel engine as Carens ? I think Alcazar is 2000 cc ?

If your run is not high, try the turbo Petrol variant. It's f**king amazing. Super silent, and great pick ups. There is minor lag in 2nd gear, but both Diesel and Petrol have really long 3rd gear for city drives (~15-80 kmph). 

1 hour ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Is Alcazar using the same Diesel engine as Carens ? I think Alcazar is 2000 cc ?

If your run is not high, try the turbo Petrol variant. It's f**king amazing. Super silent, and great pick ups. There is minor lag in 2nd gear, but both Diesel and Petrol have really long 3rd gear for city drives (~15-80 kmph). 

Alcazar has the same diesel engine as Creta/Seltos/Carens. Weak for a car of its size and weight

2 hours ago, Sach4life said:

Alcazar has the same diesel engine as Creta/Seltos/Carens. Weak for a car of its size and weight

I had always driven Japanese/Korean cars in the past but having tried the Germans/Czech, all the Korean cars feel underpowered and lack the brilliant driving feel that the Germans excel at. The Germans/Czech have their own cons but man - they always put a smile on my face. 

2 minutes ago, SuperT said:

all the Korean cars feel underpowered and lack the brilliant driving feel that the Germans excel at.

Pretty much my experience as well. Korean cars excel in the feature department but not so much when it comes to drivability, 

• Like 1

On 5/3/2022 at 2:44 PM, ΨΨ babloos ΨΨ said:

Don't get both.

Alcazar is underpowered and not worth the price. 

Safari has niggles and the touchscreen in both Harrier and Safari isn't good enough.

Among 6/7 seater Kia Caren is the best bet. Even if you have to wait for couple of months. XUV700 is another good option but waiting period is too high. 

Mg hector is a good option as well though I am not sure how good is it's drive so do a TD before making your mind.