The Automobile Thread

Chaztin

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, I'm planning to buy a dashcam for my car. Which one would you suggest to cover both front and back of car? I saw some great reviews of 70Mai dashcam but I don't need the gps etc smart features since my car location etc gets tracked anyway via my car app. So need some good quality basic dashcam that serves the purpose.

• 5 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, SuperT said:

I would like to have what he's smoking. 

He has a vested interest in ethanol blending though. Gonna earn millions.  ;)

Edited by Bird Bird Bird
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, KunjanPSD said:

Yaar matlab me gaadi le hi nhi skta, iska koi bharosa nhi.

Buy something which can take upto 20% blended ethanol. Most current engines might get f**ked they moment it's implemented. 

Or get a diesel and sell within 10 years. 

Is pre owned ( First Owner) Honda City V-mt ( Petrol) 2016, 57k on ODO @6.7L a good deal? Have inspected the car personally and did a test run as well, did not find anything off in particular. Just that current average on ODO was showing around 7.3kmpl. No major overhaul or accidental claim.

Location - Delhi

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, KunjanPSD said:

Can someone suggest tires for VW Polo? Don't need anything fancy, currently it is on stock tires and that is good enough for us.

Also, suggestion for some legit place in Delhi will be appreciated as well.

Nothing comes close to Michelin Primacy 4 I get these for all my cars and they are amazing. Minimal road sound and brilliant comfort. But they might be expensive specially these days due to supply issues. Just go for the stock again if you have been happy with those ? Rolling Wheels in Pitampura and Chakra Wheels in Moti Nagar are no-nonsense small setups and do a good job. Look for places that use 'Hunter' equipment all the good ones use that.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, KunjanPSD said:

Can someone suggest tires for VW Polo? Don't need anything fancy, currently it is on stock tires and that is good enough for us.

Also, suggestion for some legit place in Delhi will be appreciated as well.

Michelin are best but hard to procure now and expensive. Yokohama, Bridgestone, Continental are quite good as well.. 

Karolbagh is a good place to get tires changed otherwise any good tyre shop can suffice. 

• 4 weeks later...

Took a Slavia test drive today. Honestly, I didn't find much in terms of difference in this and the city 5th gen. I'm no technical person though. 

My city quote from Jan was almost 16 L, and the Slavia is around 16.8L. Plan to see the city again soon, to judge if the Slavia deserves the 1L premium over the City. 

Edited by LordSpymaster

24 minutes ago, LordSpymaster said:

Took a Slavia test drive today. Honestly, I didn't find much in terms of difference in this and the city 5th gen. I'm no technical person though. 

My city quite from Jan was almost 16 L, and the Slavia is around 16.8L. Plan to see the city again soon, to judge if the Slavia deserves the 1L premium over the City. 

did you drive 1L or 1.5 L, Slavia/Virtus are best in 1.5 TSI + DGS guise, if you are thinking 1L I will pick the city.

On 7/11/2022 at 6:20 PM, Mr. Comingle said:

Nexon is good imo but the charging infrastructure has some serious catching up to do. Read a few horror stories on this which made me hold off an EV purchase for the next few years.

Like what?