The Automobile Thread

Chaztin

14 hours ago, LordSpymaster said:

So I'm basically looking for people's experience with car loans. Stuff like how is the bank you have the loan with, what kind of stuff in the fine print should I be wary of, etc... 

I have recently heard that even some ongoing car loans are being revised as per repo rate hikes similar to how home loans work. Be very clear if the car loan you take will have same ROI for the tenure. 

5 hours ago, Bhpian Bali said:

I have recently heard that even some ongoing car loans are being revised as per repo rate hikes similar to how home loans work. Be very clear if the car loan you take will have same ROI for the tenure. 

Yup. EMIs have already increased because base rates have changed.

Edited by KunjanPSD

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/5/2022 at 5:52 PM, LordSpymaster said:

Booked the City ZX MT White today. Asked for the SBI loan, and the sales rep showed me a recent offer for 0 pre-payment charges and 0 preclosure fee after 1 year. Plus no processing fees as well. Plan to pay it down in 18 months. 

So the SBI loan thing is annoying. For some reason I am not able to see the loan account under my SBI Login (am a savings account customer for 10 years now). 

Anything I can do short of calling/emailing them? 

2 hours ago, LordSpymaster said:

So the SBI loan thing is annoying. For some reason I am not able to see the loan account under my SBI Login (am a savings account customer for 10 years now). 

Anything I can do short of calling/emailing them? 

You need to ask them to link the loan account to your existing Customer I'd of netbanking

• 2 weeks later...

Booked the City ZX MT White today. Asked for the SBI loan, and the sales rep showed me a recent offer for 0 pre-payment charges and 0 preclosure fee after 1 year. Plus no processing fees as well. Plan to pay it down in 18 months. 

Congrats. Booked the white City VX myself last week. Did you get the basic accessories package from Honda? I am thinking of skipping it and getting the mat from outside. Besides the car mat the other stuff included in the kit is pretty useless. How's the ownership experience so far? 

4 hours ago, Nikushimi said:

Congrats. Booked the white City VX myself last week. Did you get the basic accessories package from Honda? I am thinking of skipping it and getting the mat from outside. Besides the car mat the other stuff included in the kit is pretty useless. How's the ownership experience so far? 

Nah, I got the Autofurnish 7D mats from Amazon, and I like their end-to-end coverage. Get those offline if you can, and get them professionally installed. 

I got the utility package though. 

Ownership experience is great, this is a smooth car. And I'm yet to hit a speed breaker with 4 people in it, though I always go diagonally over them. 

• Like 1

lel. most interest of loan is recovered in the initial instalments. the loan will end up costing you over 20% in interest. 

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Bhpian Bali said:

lel. most interest of loan is recovered in the initial instalments. the loan will end up costing you over 20% in interest. 

mehengi baatchit!

https://auto.hindustantimes.com/auto/cars/volkswagen-taigun-skoda-kushaq-score-five-star-rating-at-global-ncap-crash-test-41665732924964.html

Impressive, this makes the twins the safest cars in India under 20L. I am sure the sedans (Virtus and Slavia) will score good too. Also, these were tested under the revised more stricter protocols.

Edited by SuperT
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, SuperT said:

https://auto.hindustantimes.com/auto/cars/volkswagen-taigun-skoda-kushaq-score-five-star-rating-at-global-ncap-crash-test-41665732924964.html

Impressive, this makes the twins the safest cars in India under 20L. I am sure the sedans (Virtus and Slavia) will score good too. Also, these were tested under the revised more stricter protocols.

Not surprised.

VAG group cars have always been well made. It's just their atrocious spare parts pricing and pathetic After sale service which has let them down.

Maruti and Koreans should learn from these guys and Tata how to make 5 star cars.

6 minutes ago, harsh1387 said:

Not surprised.

VAG group cars have always been well made. It's just their atrocious spare parts pricing and pathetic After sale service which has let them down.

Maruti and Koreans should learn from these guys and Tata how to make 5 star cars.

Surprising because it is the new stricter norms and scoring 5 star in child safety as well as adult safety is a very big deal. Also, these models are completely engineered in India which is again impressive. Unfortunately, I doubt this will change anything when it comes to market share or sales, the Korean twins will still dominate the market even though they scored 3 stars for adult and only 2 stars for child safety.

42 minutes ago, AtheK said:

You know what? I was bored at work so gave it a read :lol: 

An excellent read man. The amount of attention and focus you give in to your rides is commendable. I might bug you pretty soon as I am planning to move from my Ninja 650 to the liter class. So far I have only test rode a Panigale and those seems really aggressive man :P

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, KunjanPSD said:

What's a good alternative to Polo? 

It's a shame that VW won't be bringing Polo back to India.

If you are talking about the go-cart like superb handling and power then you can check out the Citreon C3 Turbo. Took a test drive and honestly it reminded me of the Polo, power on tap and superb handling. But it lacks many basic features.

The next best option is the Taigun/Virtus. Brilliant engines and superb build (5* safety).

Edited by SuperT