The Automobile Thread

Chaztin

1 hour ago, KunjanPSD said:

What's a good alternative to Polo? 

It's a shame that VW won't be bringing Polo back to India.

There is no alternative to polo, it was the one and only!!

1 hour ago, b!T said:

You know what? I was bored at work so gave it a read :lol: 

An excellent read man. The amount of attention and focus you give in to your rides is commendable. I might bug you pretty soon as I am planning to move from my Ninja 650 to the liter class. So far I have only test rode a Panigale and those seems really aggressive man :P

Glad you liked it, Yes Pani is agressive, but you get used to it, eventually!!

Let's discuss when you are ready to take the plunge.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SuperT said:

If you are talking about the go-cart like superb handling and power then you can check out the Citreon C3 Turbo. Took a test drive and honestly it reminded me of the Polo, power on tap and superb handling. But it lacks many basic features.

The next best option is the Taigun/Virtus. Brilliant engines and superb build (5* safety).

Taigun/Virtus is a separate discussion.

My mom is only comfortable with driving a hatchback, so no sedans. And features are very necessary but since she already drives a Polo, I don't want to degrade her driving experience because she loves Polo's driving experience.

Edited by KunjanPSD

41 minutes ago, AtheK said:

There is no alternative to polo, it was the one and only!!

Then which car to get?

Mainly to be used by my mom but I will use it too.

Mom is very used to Polo and loves the driving experience but she cares about features as well.

5 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

Taigun/Virtus is a separate discussion.

My mom is only comfortable with driving a hatchback, so no sedans. And features are very necessary because she doesn't care about throttle response etc but since she already drives a Polo, I don't want to degrade her driving experience.

What is the budget ? If power and engine are not that critical you can check out the Magnite/Kiger. Decent power and handling with enough features. 

2 minutes ago, SuperT said:

What is the budget ? If power and engine are not that critical you can check out the Magnite/Kiger. Decent power and handling with enough features. 

Not really a set budget. But you can assume around the same price of a top model Polo.

Not into Kiger/Magnite.

Looking to buy volkswagen taigun 1.0 comfortline (base model). How does feul efficiency of 1.0 Tsi compare to old 1.2 Tsi engine.  My previous polo gt 1.2 DSG had horrible FE of 5-7 in bumper to bumper traffic and 13-16 in highways with speed of 80-100 km/hr.

We have hyundai alcazar which my father uses. Iam confused between i20 diesel and volkswagen taigun have a budget of 13lakhs max. 

17 minutes ago, R3D_D3ViL said:

Whatever happened to delaying purchase of the car because of the ‘ethanol blend fiasco’?

We need 2 cars. The sedan has been delayed.

Polo (2012), which is mainly driven by mom, needs to be replaced as soon as possible and I was under the impression that VW will bring the same 20% flex engine in India but bad luck.

Edited by KunjanPSD

4 hours ago, ΨΨ babloos ΨΨ said:

Looking to buy volkswagen taigun 1.0 comfortline (base model).

Do make sure that VW/Skoda have rectified the AC Issues in the 1.0 L models. All VW/Skoda 1.0 L cars have the issue where AC throws Hot air in bumper to bumper traffic. 

1 hour ago, KunjanPSD said:

We need 2 cars. The sedan has been delayed.

Polo (2012), which is mainly driven by mom, needs to be replaced as soon as possible and I was under the impression that VW will bring the same 20% flex engine in India but bad luck.

i20 elite and Baleno are the only proper hatchback options in the market now i feel. Else the next nearest segment is the crossovers where there are lot of options. Consider i20 n line. 

Edited by R3D_D3ViL

8 hours ago, KunjanPSD said:

Then which car to get?

Mainly to be used by my mom but I will use it too.

Mom is very used to Polo and loves the driving experience but she cares about features as well.

tough to put a finger since you are not setting a budget, so I am guessing if budget can be stretched best would be Tiguan/Kushaq, more features, more power, almost same driving experience, and they are not too large too.

Want to replace 10+ year old Honda Dio which will be used only to run errands within 10kms radius. Mostly will be used by my Dad

We are considering electric scooter so considering Ather or Chetak. What are my other options? Are these two better than Ola considering so many negative review of burning/exploding. 

On 10/19/2022 at 9:37 PM, AtheK said:

tough to put a finger since you are not setting a budget, so I am guessing if budget can be stretched best would be Tiguan/Kushaq, more features, more power, almost same driving experience, and they are not too large too.

Problem is parking. Our house doesn't have a decent dedicated parking built in so only Polo sizeds cars can be parked. The rest are parked near the service lane and my mom doesn't want this headache for her everyday.

Will take her to check out Tiguan, highly unlikely she will go for it because its size.

On 10/19/2022 at 9:37 PM, AtheK said:

Isnt Tiguan like 40l on road, vs 14l for Kushaq? A very big stretch:P

4 hours ago, playstationdude said:

Isnt Tiguan like 40l on road, vs 14l for Kushaq? A very big stretch:P

4 hours ago, KunjanPSD said:

Tiguan is 40L

Taigun is Kushaq equivalent.

I know, it's confusing.

What he said, VW doesn’t have creative people, soon we will get bento and golo.

Edited by AtheK
  • Haha 3