The Automobile Thread

Chaztin

I have removed taigun from my list for AC issue and poor mileage in City traffic.
Looking between i20 diesel sportz  variant and venue s+ diesel. which one of the two would be better choice.
My primary use to would be lot of highway travel with max 2-4 people

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ΨΨ babloos ΨΨ said:

I have removed taigun from my list for AC issue and poor mileage in City traffic.
Looking between i20 diesel sportz  variant and venue s+ diesel. which one of the two would be better choice.
My primary use to would be lot of highway travel with max 2-4 people

I've i20 petrol sportz 2016 version.  No complaints so far.  Took it on highways too for family trips before pandemic.  

• Like 1

On 10/31/2022 at 5:22 PM, LordSpymaster said:

What does everyone do as DIY to maintain the cars in terms of cleaning?

Jopasu duster on D2D basis, waterless car wash once a week, and detailing once a year.

Honestly speaking its too much of a hassle to DIY with India being a dust bowl and most co-op societies not allowing pressure jet connections.

Better to spend 200 a week and get it cleaned. Less swirl marks. 

On 10/19/2022 at 5:55 PM, KunjanPSD said:

We need 2 cars. The sedan has been delayed.

Polo (2012), which is mainly driven by mom, needs to be replaced as soon as possible and I was under the impression that VW will bring the same 20% flex engine in India but bad luck.

I have Seltos HTX IVT Petrol and Sonet DCT AT Diesel. If your highway run is limited and if you're not super crazy about NCAP results like TBHP fans, Sonet AT Diesel (DCT/NA) is one of the best out there. Its spacious with sorted ride quality and enough power to give you confidence for tight takeovers and thrilled drives. 

On 11/8/2022 at 10:32 AM, R1shabh said:

I have Seltos HTX IVT Petrol and Sonet DCT AT Diesel. If your highway run is limited and if you're not super crazy about NCAP results like TBHP fans, Sonet AT Diesel (DCT/NA) is one of the best out there. Its spacious with sorted ride quality and enough power to give you confidence for tight takeovers and thrilled drives. 

There is a waiting of 36 weeks for Sonet AT Diesel. 

• 1 month later...
11 minutes ago, Root said:

What should be the frequency of car servicing? 

I bought my car in Jan 2020 so far it has ran only 20k KMS and I have exhausted my free servicing. Did my last service a year ago and since then it been 6-8k kms only. 

I may be wrong but I always adhere to the kms run rather than time. Both my cars have 10K intervals for service and I follow that. Time vary from a year to 15-16 months.

EDIT - If its in warranty then follow the dealer schedule or warranty will be voided.

Edited by b!T
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Root said:

I bought my car in Jan 2020 so far it has ran only 20k KMS and I have exhausted my free servicing. Did my last service a year ago and since then it been 6-8k kms only. 

Always follow manufacture guidelines for servicing irrespective of Kms run. Otherwise warranty will be voided and in this day and age warranty is critical. Also, only do the things mentioned in service booklet which mainly includes just oil and filter changes. 

For eg- if service interval is stated as 1 year. Do it then even if you just run it for 1000kms. 

Edited by harsh1387
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Root said:

Do it once a year unless you go past the required mileage guideline. Even if the car is not used enough, the oils do lose their property and break down over time. A small hygiene will keep your car's health pristine.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, harsh1387 said:

Always follow manufacture guidelines for servicing irrespective of Kms run. Otherwise warranty will be voided and in this day and age warranty is critical. Also, only do the things mentioned in service booklet which mainly includes just oil and filter changes. 

For eg- if service interval is stated as 1 year. Do it then even if you just run it for 1000kms. 

That's a good point at least adhering to warranty guidelines jus to avoid issues in future, they just need a reason to deny claims

17 minutes ago, LordSpymaster said:

Is anyone using a dashcam? Need suggestions and your experience installing them...

I have been using a transcend drive pro 230, have connected it to the fuse box, starts and stops with the car, no issues.

10 hours ago, Root said:

As per service manual irrespective of Km run, earlier if you run more the specified Km earlier.

Edited by AtheK
  • Thanks 1

• 4 months later...

Guys, 5L a good price for 2016 Elite i20? 63K on odo and all services done at authorised dealer. No accessories except the floor lamination and seat covers.

To add to that, it's the Asta Variant with no crashes.

Edited by b!T

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Govt. just doesn't like public using their hard earned money without paying further tax.

It's seriously hilarious how much of a car's price tag is coming from the tax component.

Why would any new car manufacturer enter India when their offerings will be priced out of range?

They will have to re-engineer and cut down on their offerings or compete in a completely different league.

This killed Polo and will kill many other varinats, Indians will only get strip down versions of the international counterparts.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KunjanPSD said:

Govt. just doesn't like public using their hard earned money without paying further tax.

It's seriously hilarious how much of a car's price tag is coming from the tax component.

Why would any new car manufacturer enter India when their offerings will be priced out of range?

They will have to re-engineer and cut down on their offerings or compete in a completely different league.

This killed Polo and will kill many other varinats, Indians will only get strip down versions of the international counterparts.

Errr have you seen the spike in premium segment sales ? Taxation doesn't seem to deter people from buying cars.