The Automobile Thread

Chaztin

13 minutes ago, Bhpian Bali said:

As a tata aria owner. I would strongly advise against buying Harrier at this moment. Wait for a minimum 1 to 1.5 years before you buy a tata car. I guess only Nexon and Tiago are an exception. 5 year warranty and the other shenanigans dont work with TATA and even at Concorde. My brother in law's father is a GM at a tata dealership and still the thought of buying a Tata car gives me the creeps.

I am also in the market for nexon-harrier priced vehicle and I havent even asked for price.

Have a look at this 

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/209281-tata-harrier-official-review-27.html#post4648210

I have read all that. As i said, by the time i would book thr car, 1 year would have passed. I am pretty confident that care would be relatively niggle free by then.

28 minutes ago, Sach4life said:

I have read all that. As i said, by the time i would book thr car, 1 year would have passed. I am pretty confident that care would be relatively niggle free by then.

I seriously wouldnt count on it. Tata cars that have niggles from start never get sorted out. Otherwise Safari would have been the most sorted car ever. It was one of the longest running models by tata.

Edited by Bhpian Bali
Typo

You are right. The recent batches have been largely niggle free. The concerns raised in T-BHP review have mostly been taken care of. Personally I love the harrier. Sadly, I dont have parking space at my office to accommodate such a huge vehicle. I would only suggest you wait for the Auto which is rumored to come by Dec-Jan.

Also Black edition looks fabulous. Exterior maintenance will be tough but worth it.

Sent from my SM-A505F using Tapatalk

8 minutes ago, harsh1387 said:

You are right. The recent batches have been largely niggle free. The concerns raised in T-BHP review have mostly been taken care of. Personally I love the harrier. Sadly, I dont have parking space at my office to accommodate such a huge vehicle. I would only suggest you wait for the Auto which is rumored to come by Dec-Jan.

Also Black edition looks fabulous. Exterior maintenance will be tough but worth it.

Yeah, that is what i was reading as well. Issue is, that i have read that auto will most likely come in BS6 avatar, which would drive i cost up. I was hoping to get a BS4 model in Jan/Feb to get higher discounts.

I love how Black edition looks, then again, maintaining it would be a nightmare.

5 minutes ago, HEMAN said:

Any reason for not considering Hector? 

Had a test drive of it and it was less fun to drive compared to Harrier. Moreover, i don't particularly like the looks and interiors of Hector (rear is overdone and the interiors look boring to me, not car like).

need some advice guys, got to pick between the i20 elite and a swift (cost after discounts is the same for both) i dont mind one way or the other but I like the i20 more because its more spacious and has a couple of nice features like glove box cooling and rear ac vents, arm rest etc. The only thing holding me back is that the i20 is bs4 compliant and the mileage is supposedly worse than the swift. Ill be driving in mumbai so i dont expect great mileage anyway. 

what do you guys think?

6 hours ago, hussain said:

need some advice guys, got to pick between the i20 elite and a swift (cost after discounts is the same for both) i dont mind one way or the other but I like the i20 more because its more spacious and has a couple of nice features like glove box cooling and rear ac vents, arm rest etc. The only thing holding me back is that the i20 is bs4 compliant and the mileage is supposedly worse than the swift. Ill be driving in mumbai so i dont expect great mileage anyway. 

what do you guys think?

All Hyundai cars have worse mileage than Maruti. And most Maruti cars will have worse build and interiors for a similar model at Hyundai. 

Pick your poison. 

7 hours ago, hussain said:

what do you guys think?

My suggestion would be Hyundai due to the above mentioned features ( Rear Ac vents and extra space )  and better quality interiors . 

Regarding BS4 vs BS6 -  Assuming you are going for Petrol variant 

BS6 norms are not just about emission . Fuel also has to be BS6 compliant . Now going forward BS6 quality fuel would become standard ( somewhere in mid 2020) . A BS4 compliant car will also work very well with BS6 fuel .Also difference in emission of BS4/BS6 petrol engine is minimal in general . With BS6 fuel in your BS4 it would be negligible.  

So you can safely buy the BS4 Petrol version of Hyundai . 

Regarding Mileage - depends on how much you drive . And generally won't save you much annually  unless you drive a lot . 

Edited by Krazyniks

On 9/17/2019 at 11:48 AM, hussain said:

what do you guys think?

The Grand i10 is generally considered the Swift counterpart in the Hyundai lineup.. 

Similarly the i20 elite is the Baleno counterpart..

So obviously the i20 is going to have better features and more space compared to a Swift
The BS4 engine is the reason you are getting the i20 in the same price range as the Swift

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Guys I want to get an amp and subwoofer installed in my Car, but the Nexa dealer only has Hertz brand which seems pretty expensive compared to JBl, pioneer etc.

Is it true that getting aftermarket amps and speakers installed voids the electrical warranty? If thats the case will rather pay up the extra dough to the dealer and avoid warranty issues.

45 minutes ago, playstationdude said:

Guys I want to get an amp and subwoofer installed in my Car, but the Nexa dealer only has Hertz brand which seems pretty expensive compared to JBl, pioneer etc.

Is it true that getting aftermarket amps and speakers installed voids the electrical warranty? If thats the case will rather pay up the extra dough to the dealer and avoid warranty issues.

it basically is on the dealer, usually maruti is pretty relaxed.

Not true. Go to any good installer in Karolbagh and they will do it without tampering with wires. Warranty stays intact till any wire isn't cut.

5 minutes ago, AtheK said:

it basically is on the dealer, usually maruti is pretty relaxed.

5 minutes ago, harsh1387 said:

Not true. Go to any good installer in Karolbagh and they will do it without tampering with wires. Warranty stays intact till any wire isn't cut.

Okok, got it. So any opinion on how Hertz stuff is? generally reading good reviews. Can try to bargain on prices with the dealer a bit, subwoofer pricing will not be much different from other brands, only the amp is expensive compared to jbl sony etc.

Okok, got it. So any opinion on how Hertz stuff is? generally reading good reviews. Can try to bargain on prices with the dealer a bit, subwoofer pricing will not be much different from other brands, only the amp is expensive compared to jbl sony etc.

So this is what I did, a new set of wires for speaker and subwoofer was run, no wire was cut, as a matter of fact I had changed head unit too, and all this with VW who are super stingy. 

Can you post model numbers of components. 

A pic of my red wrapped steed..

d4747aaa00de2ccb98a93111a2cf4aca.jpg

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, AtheK said:

So this is what I did, a new set of wires for speaker and subwoofer was run, no wire was cut, as a matter of fact I had changed head unit too, and all this with VW who are super stingy. 

Can you post model numbers of components. 

A pic of my red wrapped steed..

d4747aaa00de2ccb98a93111a2cf4aca.jpg

Holy cow that looks cool!

Hertz subwoofer- SUBWOOFER 12" 1000W DBX30.3

Amp- Will need to check the exact model. 

I run two amps in my car one for the two subwoofer and one for the 4 component speakers, I am guessing you will be using the stock HU, so you will most probably not have a pre out for subwoofer. Hence one amp will suffice. The hertz subwoofer is a boxed one from company should sound decent, what about the component speakers, or are you keeping them stock. 

9 minutes ago, AtheK said:

I run two amps in my car one for the two subwoofer and one for the 4 component speakers, I am guessing you will be using the stock HU, so you will most probably not have a pre out for subwoofer. Hence one amp will suffice. The hertz subwoofer is a boxed one from company should sound decent, what about the component speakers, or are you keeping them stock. 

Stock ones only I'm thinking. The baleno zeta came with a decent infotainment system, just that the sound is very flat. So I guess a subwoofer and amp should solve it?