Chaztin

The Automobile Thread

Last year I was looking at changing the tyres on my kwid from 155/80 R13 to something with a wider thread however I never got around to doing it mainly because my tyres still had about 5-6k kms in them.

However now due to an issue with the alignment my front left tyre has deteriorated badly over the past 4 months while the left has a couple k left. The rear has about 3-4 k left but I'm making the change anyway.

Anyway here's the options I have and I'd appreciate help with the selection.

175/70 R13

Ceat Model Unsure - 3500

Goodyear Model Unsure - 3900

Bridgestone B290 - 4400

Bridgestone B250 - ????

Yokohama Earth 1 - 3850

Kenda Komet 23 - 2700

Michelin XM2 - 4850

Apollo 4G - 3700

Apollo XL - 4000

I find the prices a bit on the higher side by about 300-600 bucks. Any guidance?

I'm looking to purchase car for me i recently learned how to drive budget 10 Lac max 

Since I'm 6'1 most cars don't fit well for me, I have been thinking between Baleno, i20 active and Ford Ecosport since comfort is very important to me not sure which would suit for me. Being long legs I also looked at wrv but not sure please advise further on this since it's a first car 

58 minutes ago, DinJo said:

I'm looking to purchase car for me i recently learned how to drive budget 10 Lac max 

Since I'm 6'1 most cars don't fit well for me, I have been thinking between Baleno, i20 active and Ford Ecosport since comfort is very important to me not sure which would suit for me. Being long legs I also looked at wrv but not sure please advise further on this since it's a first car 

Have you looked at Ciaz?

Why not etios go? Its more comfortable than i20.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you're not looking for a sedan, you're left with only i20 and the baleno as proper choices. Ecosport is not designed properly, and is uncomfortable to drive in. 

I'd suggest the i20 if you want a sporty feel, but the baleno for mileage. 

11 hours ago, Sach4life said:

Looking to get a car in 15-20 lacs range in the next 3-4 months. Seltos looks fine but overpriced. Have my heart set on Harrier for now.

Harrier has some niggles and quality issues. It is more like a beta version. Check TeamBhp for the reviews and everyone believes it was launched in a lot of haste. Do test drive the car extensively in multiple occasions so that you are sure. 

2 hours ago, ps4geek said:

Harrier has some niggles and quality issues. It is more like a beta version. Check TeamBhp for the reviews and everyone believes it was launched in a lot of haste. Do test drive the car extensively in multiple occasions so that you are sure. 

I did check the reviews. While issues were there initially, subsequent batches have been much better. Even the person who reviewed the car for teambhp commented on this when he recently bought it for himself. The car feels much more complete and sorted now. Considering i would be buying the car almost a year after the launch, i am confident that it would be relatively free from niggles.

Edited by Sach4life

2 hours ago, Sach4life said:

I did check the reviews. While issues were there initially, subsequent batches have been much better. Even the person who reviewed the car for teambhp commented on this when he recently bought it for himself. The car feels much more complete and sorted now. Considering i would be buying the car almost a year after the launch, i am confident that it would be relatively free from niggles.

My neighbor has the car, and he has been extremely happy, nothing major he has reported back. For me also harrier is pick between the three, seltos is over priced, mg hector we have to wait and see. 

Though I am personally a sedan fan, and would pick an octavia by adding some more money.