Jump to content

The Automobile Thread


Chaztin
 Share

Recommended Posts

I have one with SBI. Got 7.5% for my cibil(74x), with no pre-closure or partial pre-pay charges.
There will be processing charges(~2000), but if there's any offer, that will be waived off.

You might get slightly better rates if cibil is 750+.

Edited by Ram Dante
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, LordSpymaster said:

Has anyone taken a car loan or have experience with any bank for it? In terms of service which one has been good? What hidden charges have you seen? Any pre-closure tips for it? 

 

I enquired about it recently. 

 

Most important thing to keep in mind is fixed vs floating rates. If you feel the repo rates are going to go up, better to go for fixed rates, else floating (fixed rates are currently one of the lowest right now AFA Indian lending goes). 

I was offered 7.25% floating by SBI, PNB, HDFC and ICICI. Later two were pre-approved, and had the lowest time lag for sanction letter generation. The showroom had ties with the former two, and could get things finalized in a couple of days. Processing fees were more or less the same across all 4 banks. 

Try to get fixed rate if you can - it's unlikely to go below 7.25% IMO. 

 

Edit: Preclosure was free with SBI and PNB. HDFC has the most asinine pre closure policy. ICICI was OK with free PC after 1 year of EMI payment. 

Edited by Bird Bird Bird
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guys iam going to upgrade my 6 year old creta with 1.35 lakhs km driven.

Iam confused between  tata safari and hyundai alcazar. Need to be 6/7 seater and a diesel variant, budget around 23 lakhs. I want to get tata safari but dont have confidence on tata/mahindra reliability. Dunno if they have removed reliability in last few years. Polo gt is my primary vehicle. suv would be used by family with chauffeur.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, ΨΨ babloos ΨΨ said:

Guys iam going to upgrade my 6 year old creta with 1.35 lakhs km driven.

Iam confused between  tata safari and hyundai alcazar. Need to be 6/7 seater and a diesel variant, budget around 23 lakhs. I want to get tata safari but dont have confidence on tata/mahindra reliability. Dunno if they have removed reliability in last few years. Polo gt is my primary vehicle. suv would be used by family with chauffeur.

 

While both options are technically 6/7 seater, the 3rd row is good enough for kids, not adults. Do a TD with all rows filled to see what fits your family. 

Also check TBHP. Quite a number of small issues/niggles with Tata/Mahindra premium vehicles (whereas the more mass market versions are faring much better). Heck, there are a few  issues with XUV700 as well, and that vehicle still has around 18 months waiting ! 

Among premium vehicles, I'll place bets with Hyundai over Tata. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guys i need a particular set of Ceat Tyres for Standard 500 but am unable to find either locally or at the Ceat website. Is there any any online site (not Amazon) which delivers tyres at home.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, blitzkreiig said:

Guys i need a particular set of Ceat Tyres for Standard 500 but am unable to find either locally or at the Ceat website. Is there any any online site (not Amazon) which delivers tyres at home.

 

I've used Tyresnmore last year, and found them extremely professional. They come with your choice of tyres, and provide home installation. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, ΨΨ babloos ΨΨ said:

Guys iam going to upgrade my 6 year old creta with 1.35 lakhs km driven.

Iam confused between  tata safari and hyundai alcazar. Need to be 6/7 seater and a diesel variant, budget around 23 lakhs. I want to get tata safari but dont have confidence on tata/mahindra reliability. Dunno if they have removed reliability in last few years. Polo gt is my primary vehicle. suv would be used by family with chauffeur.

 

 

Why are you not considering kia carens?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, Bhpian Bali said:

 

 

Why are you not considering kia carens?

Long waiting period about 4months

Did test drive diesel engine feels little underpowered where as same engine on alcazar felt ok. Have removed alcazar from my buying list now its between Tata safari and MG hector plus.  even mg hector diesel variant has long waiting period.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, ΨΨ babloos ΨΨ said:

Long waiting period about 4months

Did test drive diesel engine feels little underpowered where as same engine on alcazar felt ok. Have removed alcazar from my buying list now its between Tata safari and MG hector plus.  even mg hector diesel variant has long waiting period.

 

Is Alcazar using the same Diesel engine as Carens ? I think Alcazar is 2000 cc ?

 

If your run is not high, try the turbo Petrol variant. It's f**king amazing. Super silent, and great pick ups. There is minor lag in 2nd gear, but both Diesel and Petrol have really long 3rd gear for city drives (~15-80 kmph). 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

 

Is Alcazar using the same Diesel engine as Carens ? I think Alcazar is 2000 cc ?

 

If your run is not high, try the turbo Petrol variant. It's f**king amazing. Super silent, and great pick ups. There is minor lag in 2nd gear, but both Diesel and Petrol have really long 3rd gear for city drives (~15-80 kmph). 

 

Alcazar has the same diesel engine as Creta/Seltos/Carens. Weak for a car of its size and weight

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Sach4life said:

 

Alcazar has the same diesel engine as Creta/Seltos/Carens. Weak for a car of its size and weight

 

Weak for it's price tbh. Alcazar is pegged as premium segment. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Sach4life said:

 

Alcazar has the same diesel engine as Creta/Seltos/Carens. Weak for a car of its size and weight

I had always driven Japanese/Korean cars in the past but having tried the Germans/Czech, all the Korean cars feel underpowered and lack the brilliant driving feel that the Germans excel at. The Germans/Czech have their own cons but man - they always put a smile on my face. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, SuperT said:

all the Korean cars feel underpowered and lack the brilliant driving feel that the Germans excel at.

 

Pretty much my experience as well. Korean cars excel in the feature department but not so much when it comes to drivability, 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/3/2022 at 2:44 PM, ΨΨ babloos ΨΨ said:

Guys iam going to upgrade my 6 year old creta with 1.35 lakhs km driven.

Iam confused between  tata safari and hyundai alcazar. Need to be 6/7 seater and a diesel variant, budget around 23 lakhs. I want to get tata safari but dont have confidence on tata/mahindra reliability. Dunno if they have removed reliability in last few years. Polo gt is my primary vehicle. suv would be used by family with chauffeur.

Don't get both.

Alcazar is underpowered and not worth the price. 

Safari has niggles and the touchscreen in both Harrier and Safari isn't good enough.

 

Among 6/7 seater Kia Caren is the best bet. Even if you have to wait for couple of months. XUV700 is another good option but waiting period is too high. 

 

Mg hector is a good option as well though I am not sure how good is it's drive so do a TD before making your mind. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, harsh1387 said:

Don't get both.

Alcazar is underpowered and not worth the price. 

Safari has niggles and the touchscreen in both Harrier and Safari isn't good enough.

 

Among 6/7 seater Kia Caren is the best bet. Even if you have to wait for couple of months. XUV700 is another good option but waiting period is too high. 

 

Mg hector is a good option as well though I am not sure how good is it's drive so do a TD before making your mind. 

Xuv700 has a waiting of over a year.

My father requires car immediately for daily use. Sold creta and he is using my polo gt which gives ridiculous low mileage of 6-7 in city.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

 

Is Alcazar using the same Diesel engine as Carens ? I think Alcazar is 2000 cc ?

 

If your run is not high, try the turbo Petrol variant. It's f**king amazing. Super silent, and great pick ups. There is minor lag in 2nd gear, but both Diesel and Petrol have really long 3rd gear for city drives (~15-80 kmph). 

Alcazar petrol uses 2000cc engine.

Diesel comes with same 1.5 engine of creta/seltos/carens heck my 2016 model creta was 1.6 engine.

Coming to carens it feels underpowered at lower rpms compare to creta you need to downshift a gear to get some extra power. felt like driving a  i20 engine then creta 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, SuperT said:

I had always driven Japanese/Korean cars in the past but having tried the Germans/Czech, all the Korean cars feel underpowered and lack the brilliant driving feel that the Germans excel at. The Germans/Czech have their own cons but man - they always put a smile on my face. 

 

6 hours ago, b!T said:

 

Pretty much my experience as well. Korean cars excel in the feature department but not so much when it comes to drivability, 

How's the long term cost for Skodas and VWs? I heard that their maintenence and parts are expensive compared to others, and pan India coverage (like smaller shops) isn't there. This still true? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, LordSpymaster said:

 

How's the long term cost for Skodas and VWs? I heard that their maintenence and parts are expensive compared to others, and pan India coverage (like smaller shops) isn't there. This still true? 

I am not sure about Skoda but it used to be true for VW. But over the last 2-3 years the situation has changed drastically.

No problems with getting Polo/Vento serviced from 3rd party centers and parts availability is quite decent as well.

Also, VW part charges aren't that exorbitant as they used to be, even from official centres you will be looted only on labour and consumables (wipers etc). Parts like clutch, throttle body are quite reasonable.

Just waiting for Virtus reviews, hoping the infotainment is good and might just get that.

Edited by KunjanPSD
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, LordSpymaster said:

 

How's the long term cost for Skodas and VWs? I heard that their maintenence and parts are expensive compared to others, and pan India coverage (like smaller shops) isn't there. This still true? 

It was the case till about 5-6 yrs ago but they have improved. Also, they offer upfront service packages now and you can extend the warranty to 6 yrs. Obviously can't be compared to the no nonsense Toyota and Honda ownership. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...