Spiderman: No Way Home Spoiler Thread

Snake

A snippet from Variety's review:

If villains can make the dimensional leap, it stands to reason that other Spider-Men can too, and sure enough, first Garfield and then Maguire show up seemingly up-to-speed on Peter’s villain infestation problem. Because they’ve all faced variations on the same challenges — from losing loved ones to reconciling their romantic interests with a demanding day job — the movie balances easy-target comedy with more profound life lessons. What could easily have felt like one of those tacky Disneyland parades, where all the princesses are assembled to do fan service, instead finds a strong emotional foundation.

Garfield, so good in this year’s “Tick, Tick… Boom,” radiates more charisma here than he ever did in his two Spider-Man installments. And the older-and-wiser Maguire, who’d gotten soft and lazy between his second and third Spider-Man movies, reminds audiences who haven’t seen him on screen in years why we found him so appealing in the first place. There’s something fundamentally worrisome about dissolving the barriers between these separate iterations of the franchise, and yet, the entire creative team seems committed to treating the multiverse not as a stunt, nor a crass corporate ploy (it does conveniently repair a rift in the MCU), but as an opportunity to more fully explore what Peter Parker stands for.

Glad to see their addition isn't just a gimmick.

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

Only disappointments were the ending and that they didnt add a 6th villain to complete the sinister six. Garfield was amazing & better than his standalone movies but his MJ's fall saving scene should have been a bit better. 

True... but him crying when he saved her made the connection i think...

Also i felt so old looking at old toby in the movie :P

15 minutes ago, KrIzAliD said:

True... but him crying when he saved her made the connection i think...

Also i felt so old looking at old toby in the movie :P

Yeah but the falling scene finishes in a flash like he's saving any other random character. A sight building up of tempo, bit of close-ups, slo-mo and a rousing BGM couldve made it better. 

4 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

Yeah but the falling scene finishes in a flash like he's saving any other random character. A sight building up of tempo, bit of close-ups, slo-mo and a rousing BGM couldve made it better. 

Waah!!!... kyaa baat hai!!

Also I was waiting for Daredevil to show up at the fight sequence would have been so cool but I get it why they didn't went for that.

It was alright, better than the first 2 Holland movies. Spiderverse is still the best Spidey movie. Strange being stuck in a mirror world where he controls the rules of the physics and everything, by just a tangle of webs, just for the plot is hilarious. As bad as Capt Marvel being "off world" for the majority of Endgame.

8 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

It was alright, better than the first 2 Holland movies. Spiderverse is still the best Spidey movie. Strange being stuck in a mirror world where he controls the rules of the physics and everything, by just a tangle of webs, just for the plot is hilarious. As bad as Capt Marvel being "off world" for the majority of Endgame.

He used maths. Maths>magic.

1 hour ago, KnackChap said:

Only disappointments were the ending and that they didnt add a 6th villain to complete the sinister six. Garfield was amazing & better than his standalone movies but his MJ's fall saving scene should have been a bit better. 

Sinister 6 should be separate movie. They are already assembling it with Vulture etc. And Spider-Man alone should fight them, at max with Miles Morales. For me, MCU is all about Spider-Man now, unless they bring in X-Men. Also what about those beings entering MCU? Some had pretty visible silhouettes. One looked like a rhino.