Splinter Cell Remake

Heaven Angel

Ubisoft has greenlit the development of a Splinter Cell remake that will draw from the rich canvas of the brand. Led by Ubisoft Toronto, the game will be rebuilt from the ground up using Ubisoft’s own Snowdrop engine – the same engine being used to develop Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora, as well as Ubisoft’s upcoming Star Wars game – to deliver new-generation visuals and gameplay, and the dynamic lighting and shadows the series is known for.

Official

1 minute ago, NitroNeo said:

It's ubisoft joe don't play it, copy paste for you right :P

I don't play Ubisoft games anymore. They bore me after a few hours in with everything feeling the same or total chore.

Splinter Cell series hasn't been affected by that..yet. Hoping it stays like that. Can go more open without an open world. Something like how the Hitman reboot did. ?

1 minute ago, Joe Cool said:

I don't play Ubisoft games anymore. They bore me after a few hours in with everything feeling the same or total chore.

Splinter Cell series hasn't been affected by that..yet. Hoping it stays like that. Can go more open without an open world. Something like how the Hitman reboot did. ?

Actually ubisoft have made great lived in open worlds with assassins creed series, it seems those who enjoyed the stealth gameplay can't look past that, but frankly i was bored with it's stealth for years the mechanics remained mostly the same.

Can't picture SC in an open world though, sandbox seems ideal

Am reading the blog post and it says won't be making an open world. That's a good start.

So, as we're building it from the ground up, we're going to update it visually, as well as some of the design elements to match player comfort and expectations, and we are going to keep it linear like the original games, not make it open world.

:dance:

8 minutes ago, NitroNeo said:

Actually ubisoft have made great lived in open worlds with assassins creed series, it seems those who enjoyed the stealth gameplay can't look past that, but frankly i was bored with it's stealth for years the mechanics remained mostly the same.

Can't picture SC in an open world though, sandbox seems ideal

"made" is the keyword. I enjoyed AC series a lot. One of my fav but can't stand the new AC games. Super boring with quantity over quality and just tedious to play. Same with Far Cry. 

but frankly i was bored with it's stealth for years the mechanics remained mostly the same.

Would be nice if it remained the same and not herp-derp with stupid stuff and terrible AI. 

3 hours ago, Joe Cool said:

"made" is the keyword. I enjoyed AC series a lot. One of my fav but can't stand the new AC games. Super boring with quantity over quality and just tedious to play. Same with Far Cry. 

Exactly how i feel about those older stealth AC games, it's a cliche that an assassin needs to be only stealthy, those who have used the assassin class in online MMOs know how it can deal devastating quick blow damage, quick kills. Those AC fans who can't get over why modern AC games sell so well, don't understand the potential of the assassin class being tapped right, like a hack n slash ninja.

Anyway i don't understand how a open world or sanbox SC game wouldn't work, it's the exact same thing what old fashioned AC fans like with games like black flag the pinnacle of exactly the kind of open world/sanbox stealth that worked.