StormShadow

I have observed that there are multiple individual threads regarding which monitors to buy for gaming/workstation/multimedia etc. as the same question in PC ask the experts thread doesn't get much response.

I too have been waiting to purchase a gaming monitor due to lack of options in India. The delay in launching new products in our country is quite frustrating.

Thus guidance to prospective buyer as to the current availability of a product or the current options in the market would be very helpful.

1. Prospective buyers can post the specs they are looking for or their use case and budget and get recommendations from other members.

2. It would also be great if all the members can post which monitor are they currently using along with short feedback/review and any experience they had with after sales service. Even just mentioning the name of the currently owned monitor along with PC specs would help build a consensus of the right/most popular monitor for a specific use case/specs.

3. General discussion regarding monitors like any issue being faced or tuning etc.

Cheers.

• Thanks 1

Listing the 4K High Refresh rate options readily available in the Indian market, at the moment, for quick and easy reference:

1) Asus TUF Gaming VG28UQL1A

Buying links:

a) https://www.amazon.in/ASUS-Gaming-VG28UQL1A-HDMI-Monitor/dp/B09C86SHFB/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=ASUS-Gaming-VG28UQL1A&qid=1639979480&sr=8-3

b) https://www.pcstudio.in/product/asus-tuf-gaming-vg28uql1a-4k-hdmi-2-1-28-inch-gaming-monitor/

c) https://mdcomputers.in/asus-28-inch-tuf-gaming-vg28uql1a.html

2) Acer Predator CG437K 

Buying links:

a) https://www.amazon.in/Acer-CG437K-Resolution-Compatible-DisplayHDR/dp/B08D4JY6GV/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=Acer+Predator+CG437K&qid=1639979601&sr=8-3

Websites/retailers checked : PrimeABGB, Vedant Computers, TheITWares, The IT Depot, Amazon, PC Studio,  MdComputers.

P.S : I'm in no way connected to any of the above listed retailers/websites and in no way being compensated to post anything related to them. It's just to help prospective buyers save some time and energy in research.

Cheers.

• Thanks 2

Source: https://mp1st.com/news/compatible-ps5-monitors-that-can-support-120fps

Confirmed Monitors That Support 120fps on PS5 May 2021

• Acer XF270H
  • Acer XV240Y
  • Acer XV273X
  • Acer Nitro VG240YP
  • AOC AGON AG322QC4
  • AOC 24G2
  • AOC 27G2
  • AOC C27G2
  • AOC CQ27G2
  • AOC CQ32G1
  • AOC G2590PX
  • AOC 24G2U/BK
  • AOC 27G2U/BK
  • ASUS MG279Q
  • Asus VG278QR
  • ASUS VG249Q
  • ASUS VG32VQ
  • ASUS VG27WQ1B
  • ASUS VG27VH1BR 
  • ASUS VP249QGR
  • ASUS VG278QQR
  • Benq Mobiuz EX2510
  • Benq Mobiuz EX2710
  • Benq EX2780Q
  • Benq EX3203R
  • Benq XL2411K
  • Benq XL2540K
  • Benq XL2546K
  • Benq XL2546S
  • BenQ XL2731
  • Dell S3220DGF
  • Dell S271HGF
  • Dell S2421HGF
  • Gigabyte G27F
  • Gigabyte G27F
  • GIGABYTE G27QC 
  • GIGABYTE G32QC
  • GIGABYTE G27Q
  • GIGABYTE M27Q
  • HP X24IH
  • LG 24GL600F
  • LG 27GL63T-B
  • LG 27GL65F
  • LG 27GL83A-B 27
  • LG 27GL850-B
  • LG 24GL65B-B
  • LG 27GL650F-B
  • LG 24GM79G
  • LG 27GN600-B
  • LG 27GN750-B
  • LG 27GN800-BRX
  • LG 27GN850-B
  • LG 27GN88A-B
  • LG 27GN950
  • LG 24GN50W
  • LG 32GN50-TB
  • LG 32GP83B-B
  • MSI OPTIX G24C
  • MSI OPTIX G27C4
  • MSI OPTIX G27C5
  • MSI OPTIX G271
  • MSI OPTIX G32C4 
  • MSI OPTIX MAG240CR
  • MSI OPTIX MAG241
  • MSI OPTIX MAG251RX
  • Predator XB3273 240hz 1080P
  • Samsung C27RG5
  • SAMSUNG C32JG56
  • Samsung CHG70
  • Samsung Odyssey G5
  • Samsung Odyssey G7
  • Viewsonic VX2458-MHD
  • Viewsonic XG2401
  • Viewsonic XG2402
  • Viewsonic XG2405
  • Viewsonic XG270 

This is all the current known monitors from the thread as of today, May 17, 2021.

I bought Acer Nitro VG271U recently and want to ask about backlight bleed

there’s indeed some backlight bleed from the upper right hand corner of my monitor. It practically non-existent as far as full screen videos are concerned. The bleed is noticeable only when black color appears in that corner and when there are black bars on top and bottom of the video, but that’s hard to notice because you have to actively draw your attention to upper right corner to notice it

I have the chance to replace the monitor before 24th December. I am afraid if I replace there’s a chance that the bleed may be worse in the replacement panel. What should I do? 

On 12/21/2021 at 8:35 AM, 0verlord said:

I bought Acer Nitro VG271U recently and want to ask about backlight bleed

there’s indeed some backlight bleed from the upper right hand corner of my monitor. It practically non-existent as far as full screen videos are concerned. The bleed is noticeable only when black color appears in that corner and when there are black bars on top and bottom of the video, but that’s hard to notice because you have to actively draw your attention to upper right corner to notice it

I have the chance to replace the monitor before 24th December. I am afraid if I replace there’s a chance that the bleed may be worse in the replacement panel. What should I do? 

Are you sure it's backlight bleed and not ips glow?

https://community.acer.com/en/kb/articles/82-troubleshooting-backlight-bleeding-and-light-leakage

Test your monitor:

You can decide after the test whether you would like to keep it or take a chance with a replacement monitor.

Cheers.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys. I recently bought the Gigabyte M27Q monitor that supports upto 170Hz refresh rate @ 2560 x 1440.

I tried connecting my relatively old desktop, with the video card MSI GTX 750Ti via HDMI, but refresh rate is stuck at 60Hz. I understand its a limitation via HDMI 1.4( Pls correct me if im wrong). The only other ports on the video card are dual DVI. I dont have a DVI port on the new monitor.

Also have an HP laptop model Elitebook X360 1030 G3, with which im facing the same 60Hz limitation via HDMI. The laptop has two Thunderbolt 3/USB Type-C ports out of which one is used for charging the laptop and a USB 3.1 Type-A port.

Pls suggest the best way (display cable) to get the best video and highest refresh rate on my new monitor. Do i have any way to experience higher refresh rate with the current setup?

Also, noticing stuttering if i play UHD youtube videos higher than the native resolution of 2560X1440p. How do i fix that?

Thanks.

On 1/6/2022 at 10:26 PM, amigoatul said:

Hi guys. I recently bought the Gigabyte M27Q monitor that supports upto 170Hz refresh rate @ 2560 x 1440.

Thanks.

Dual-link DVI supports 2560×1600 resolution and 144hz refresh rates. But no use, as the monitor doesn't have a DVI port.

GTX 750Ti has hdmi 1.4 i guess, so it will support 1920x1080 @120Hz, 2560x1440 @60Hz, 3840x2160 @30Hz & 4096x2160 @24Hz. 

If you are facing stuttering while playing youtube videos check your browser settings like in Chrome you can disable hardware acceleration.

Cheers.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So i have been looking around monitors and increased m budget a bit to get a 2k monitor as i have a gtx970 which on specs page shows it can do 2560x1440 @60 and 4k60, now i have seen 2 good monitors online which are below 25k, Benq EW2780Q and Acer Nitro XV272U, benq has good reviews on amazon with some complaining about backlight bleed, for acer it's reviewed very well on a site RTINGs but on amazon india users are complaining about dead pixels OOB, backlight bleed, panel getting lines, replacement sucking, overall poor QC for acer, i am very surprised how this is for a highly reviewed product

Here are other models i shortlisted but they are pricey from 30-32k at which point i feel why not stretch budget to benq mobius EX2710Q at 35k

TUF Gaming VG27AQ

Gigabyte G27Q

Benq EX2780Q

but i don't think my old card can get best out of any of these models so which 2k monitor should i get, i feel like if i get a 1080p now then I'll be stuck with a dated tech for years to come, i want 2k for media enjoyment as well, what to do ?

On 1/18/2022 at 11:08 PM, lazycat said:

So i have been looking around monitors and increased m budget a bit to get a 2k monitor as i have a gtx970 which on specs page shows it can do 2560x1440 @60 and 4k60, now i have seen 2 good monitors online which are

but i don't think my old card can get best out of any of these models so which 2k monitor should i get, i feel like if i get a 1080p now then I'll be stuck with a dated tech for years to come, i want 2k for media enjoyment as well, what to do ?

No matter what hardware you may currently own, everyone needs to upgrade some day. So if you have the budget you should go for 2K monitor. 

Model will depend on your budget and priorities. First and foremost fix your budget range. There will always be a better monitor for few quids more. Set a hard budget limit and go for the best in that range.

To select the best for you, decide the specs hierarchy as per your needs. Refresh rate, dimensions, overall rating, warranty support in India, response time, gsync/freesync support, type of panel etc.

Cheers.

So i have been looking around monitors and increased m budget a bit to get a 2k monitor as i have a gtx970 which on specs page shows it can do 2560x1440 @60 and 4k60, now i have seen 2 good monitors online which are below 25k, Benq EW2780Q and Acer Nitro XV272U, benq has good reviews on amazon with some complaining about backlight bleed, for acer it's reviewed very well on a site RTINGs but on amazon india users are complaining about dead pixels OOB, backlight bleed, panel getting lines, replacement sucking, overall poor QC for acer, i am very surprised how this is for a highly reviewed product

Here are other models i shortlisted but they are pricey from 30-32k at which point i feel why not stretch budget to benq mobius EX2710Q at 35k

TUF Gaming VG27AQ

Gigabyte G27Q

Benq EX2780Q

Gigabyte has a good monitor but no onsite support
Benq is decent but better choices are there now

LG Ultragear GL850 or ASUS TUF GAMING VG27AQ1A(updated model of VG27aq) these 2 would be the best IMO

TUF Gaming VG27AQ

Gigabyte G27Q

Benq EX2780Q

LG GL850 or Benq EX280Q.

The LG one has nvidia gsync also afaik

Benq one has a usbc DisplayPort on it in addition to the 1x dp and 2x hdmi on both, it could be useful if you plan to buy a macbook in the future

Rest the specs are same, 27" IPS, 144hz,

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/23/2022 at 11:23 PM, dylanjosh said:

Thinking of getting a new monitor. lg gl850 is sounding good to me especially with the gsync. 

Is this a good monitor for PS5 as well?

Good 2K monitor for that price range. Usually people prefer bigger size monitors/TVs for consoles but if you are ok with the size and resolution i don't see why it would be a problem with PS5. It doesn't have good HDR though.

Cheers.

23 minutes ago, StormShadow said:

Good 2K monitor for that price range. Usually people prefer bigger size monitors/TVs for consoles but if you are ok with the size and resolution i don't see why it would be a problem with PS5. It doesn't have good HDR though.

Cheers.

Thanks. I'm getting it primarily for PC. PS5 would be an added benefit. 

• 2 months later...

Need suggestions for a Monitor - Use Gaming on PS5 and work ( Office applications / general browsing ) 

Budget 30k . Can stretch to 35k max . Size 27 inch. 32 inch might be too big while sitting close or its not ?

I mostly play Single player games only .  Priority is good picture clarity with good colors. 

Also confused whether to go for 4k 60 hz monitor or 2k 144 hz monitor (with built in downscaler which accepts 4k Signal from PS5) . I know it will output at 60 hz only . But if Sony launches support for 2K resolution in future than i should be able to play at 2k 120 fps for supported games .

I Know for single player games 60 fps is more than enough but having the option to play at 120 fps is always welcome right ?

21 minutes ago, Krazyniks said:

Need suggestions for a Monitor - Use Gaming on PS5 and work ( Office applications / general browsing ) 

Budget 30k . Can stretch to 35k max . Size 27 inch. 32 inch might be too big while sitting close or its not ?

I mostly play Single player games only .  Priority is good picture clarity with good colors. 

Also confused whether to go for 4k 60 hz monitor or 2k 144 hz monitor (with built in downscaler which accepts 4k Signal from PS5) . I know it will output at 60 hz only . But if Sony launches support for 2K resolution in future than i should be able to play at 2k 120 fps for supported games .

I Know for single player games 60 fps is more than enough but having the option to play at 120 fps is always welcome right ?

BenQ EX2780Q

IPS 1440P 144hz, built in downscaler that accepts 4k signal, audio out jack, 2x hdmi 1x DP 1x USBC supporting DP, inbuilt 2W speakers, and there's some shitty HDR also

https://www.amazon.in/dp/B07X8HBHJP/?coliid=I12Z4X2DDQBBLZ&colid=NKXR9535ZK6E&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, PhantomShade said:

BenQ EX2780Q

IPS 1440P 144hz, built in downscaler that accepts 4k signal, audio out jack, 2x hdmi 1x DP 1x USBC supporting DP, inbuilt 2W speakers, and there's some shitty HDR also

https://www.amazon.in/dp/B07X8HBHJP/?coliid=I12Z4X2DDQBBLZ&colid=NKXR9535ZK6E&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

Thanks this is one of the monitors i am considering . 

Also What about LG 27GL850. It's currently on discount at Flipkart. 

https://dl.flipkart.com/s/SxaqwjuuuN

Also Benq EW3270u  - 4k 60 hz 32 inch monitor @32k .

https://www.amazon.in/dp/B07BBRLTRH/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_i_QYHWC3QZ2SJ7G8GK3ETD

Thoughts on both models .

Also I am aware HDR in these models is gimmicky . 

Edited by Krazyniks

16 minutes ago, Krazyniks said:

The discount on the LG model is gone now . Selling for 35k now :mellow:

Don't worry it reaches 30k usually

Anyway I misread your post and thought you're using the monitor for PC gaming also, if you're just using PS5 and normal office work then no need for 1440p 144hz, that is only because 4K at high settings at 60+ fps is pretty hard for most PCs, just get a 4K panel like the Benq one you suggested, also people have different opinions on size, for me 27-28" is just right for gaming and work, 32" would be way too big but there are some people who use 42" TVs also as monitors :lol: so idk

Anyway the Benq model you suggested has a 28" version also https://www.amazon.in/BenQ-EW2880U-Bezel-Less-Brightness-Intelligence/dp/B09K42ZSQC costs 30k right now, I'm suggesting this because imo 32" would be too big for work, you will get neck strain and all.

There's this LG monitor also with similar specs but the price is inflated on amazon for whatever reason https://mdcomputers.in/lg-27ul650-w.html

Also 1440p 120hz  PS5 gaming and all may or may not happen so don't decide your purchase based on that

Edited by PhantomShade
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

@Mr. Comingle 

Yes i am aware that HDR and Dolby Vision are the main upgrades rather than 4k . Hence not buying the budget 4k TV's where these features are gimmicks. Especially need of minimum 1000 nits of brightness and FALD for true HDR. 

Definitely planning to buy one in a year or two . Even then it's mostly going to be used for Chu Chu TV by  and serials by my family :wallbash:. I wouldn't get much time on it but yeah it will be amazing for sure whenever I do game on it.  

Hence buying a mid range 4k /2k Monitor for now on which i can game without any disturbance.