Heaven Angel

So I preordered it and played for 2 days and here are my thoughts on the game:

1. The game is tough, I mean real tough, there is no icon or anything to tell you to block or evade or anything, you have to figure it out by yourself. On top of that timing is pretty tight.

2. Gameplay is smooth as butter on Ps5, no visible frame drops( maybe I haven’t noticed) and is very artistic and beautiful in its own sense.

3. Don’t expect too much story from this game, it’s a typical revenge story.

4. Some roguelike games are designed in a way in which reaching boss is more difficult than the boss itself, well not in this case, the journey and the boss will age you till adult diapers and will laugh at you.

5. I personally enjoyed the game as I have been a big martial arts movie fan since my childhood and somehow this game brings back nostalgia, but even if you don’t have this connection this game is a must buy in my opinion because of how good it is gameplay wise.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 3

1 hour ago, Shreyans Gupta said:

So I preordered it and played for 2 days and here are my thoughts on the game:

1. The game is tough, I mean real tough, there is no icon or anything to tell you to block or evade or anything, you have to figure it out by yourself. On top of that timing is pretty tight.

2. Gameplay is smooth as butter on Ps5, no visible frame drops( maybe I haven’t noticed) and is very artistic and beautiful in its own sense.

3. Don’t expect too much story from this game, it’s a typical revenge story.

4. Some roguelike games are designed in a way in which reaching boss is more difficult than the boss itself, well not in this case, the journey and the boss will age you till adult diapers and will laugh at you.

5. I personally enjoyed the game as I have been a big martial arts movie fan since my childhood and somehow this game brings back nostalgia, but even if you don’t have this connection this game is a must buy in my opinion because of how good it is gameplay wise.

I think some sequences and the background music feel almost like martial arts sequences in the Matrix 

super dope!! :wOOtjumpy:

Got done with the first boss on my second run at age 29 by unlocking a pretty big shortcut which made it easier and far quicker to get to the boss.

Haven't gotten even nearly used to the controls though. Got my a*s handed to me plenty of times already, and was resorting to button mashing quite a bit :lol:

Will go through the first level again to see if I can complete it at a lower age.

Edited by STICK3Rboy

Starting to slightly get the hang of combat now and I'm already feeling like a badass!

Would recommend investing in the 'Environmental Mastery' skill first and foremost. It's very useful and beginner-friendly.

Edited by STICK3Rboy

First impression

It's all about perfection, Sifu means master so you're literally playing to reach perfection to actually become a Sifu but punishes you for falling short. 

Prologue gives you basic structure of the game. Rest you figure out by yourself. 

Combos requires practice in training mode. They aren't easy to execute. 

Same as Sekiro, there a posture which you can break for a brief stagger. 

Highly skill based, you may take 10 mins or 1 hr to clear a stage. 

You WILL retry levels thinking you might do it better. 

PS5 dualsense is spectacular. Every rain drops, thunder lightning, mouse squeaks and even bug sounds gives you such immersive experience. Definitely worth. 

Reached first boss 'Fajar' at the age of 21, defeated at 23. First try, I'll try again later. 

Pro tip - Keep a hanky with you all the time. Your hands will get sweaty. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Heaven Angel said:

First impression

It's all about perfection, Sifu means master so you're literally playing to reach perfection to actually become a Sifu but punishes you for falling short. 

Prologue gives you basic structure of the game. Rest you figure out by yourself. 

Combos requires practice in training mode. They aren't easy to execute. 

Same as Sekiro, there a posture which you can break for a brief stagger. 

Highly skill based, you may take 10 mins or 1 hr to clear a stage. 

You WILL retry levels thinking you might do it better. 

PS5 dualsense is spectacular. Every rain drops, thunder lightning, mouse squeaks and even bug sounds gives you such immersive experience. Definitely worth. 

Reached first boss 'Fajar' at the age of 21, defeated at 23. First try, I'll try again later. 

Pro tip - Keep a hanky with you all the time. Your hands will get sweaty. 

In your opinion, does this have the highest skill required of all games in your experience?

55 minutes ago, 0verlord said:

In your opinion, does this have the highest skill required of all games in your experience?

Nope, It's easy, you need to get better at timings which ultimately requires grinding to hone your skills. 

Unfortunately I don't get time for this but I tell you man, I can just sit and play this game all day. 

So want to try for no death runs, speed runs, maximum - minimum age runs. 

There are various skills you need to unlock permanently which needs lots of XP. 

Growing up sucks! 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Heaven Angel said:

Nope, It's easy, you need to get better at timings which ultimately requires grinding to hone your skills. 

Unfortunately I don't get time for this but I tell you man, I can just sit and play this game all day. 

So want to try for no death runs, speed runs, maximum - minimum age runs. 

There are various skills you need to unlock permanently which needs lots of XP. 

Growing up sucks! 

Translation “it’s easy, you just have to git gud”

• Haha 3

Man, the 2nd level is brutal! 

It's insane how quickly the tide can turn in the middle of a fight. Managed to get the boss to a sliver of his health in his second phase before losing my rhythm and being pounded to a pulp.

But I guess it would've been useless even if I had managed to defeat him at that moment. You really need to complete a level with the least number of deaths possible to be able to do well in the next one. 

Finally defeated the 2nd boss, but at age 54 :|

Thought I could finish it my 30s but the boss ended up killing me quite a few times. 

The camera can be pretty f**king atrocious though and directly resulted in a couple of my deaths. In a game which heavily relies on your reflexes with its fast paced combat, a camera system which fairly often ends up blocking your view completely is especially frustrating.

Loving the game otherwise though. The roguelite structure with its age and death counter mechanic feels pretty fresh, and the gameplay loop is addicting enough to make the inherent repetition enjoyable.

22 minutes ago, STICK3Rboy said:

Finally defeated the 2nd boss, but at age 54 :|

Thought I could finish it my 30s but the boss ended up killing me quite a few times. 

The camera can be pretty f**king atrocious though and directly resulted in a couple of my deaths. In a game which heavily relies on your reflexes with its fast paced combat, a camera system which fairly often ends up blocking your view completely is especially frustrating.

Loving the game otherwise though. The roguelite structure with its age and death counter mechanic feels pretty fresh, and the gameplay loop is addicting enough to make the inherent repetition enjoyable.

Age 54 is dangerous territory as it is game over in your 70s and this high age will kind of carry over cumulatively over the remaining levels