Disciple Difficulty (Normal Mode) :

The original Sifu experience

Master Difficulty (Hard Mode) :

Less life and structure for the Main Character

More life and structure for various enemies

Enemies are more aggressive

Enemies are more reactive in defense

New patterns for bosses

Hmmmm. Interesting. They added a lower AND a higher difficulty. That should keep the gatekeepers satisfied.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
6 hours ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Beat the game first time now working on getting the true ending.

Man, this game is so good. Proper 10/10. The only complaint I have is that the fourth level wasn’t that strong but otherwise, god damn man.

it’s the returnal of brawlers basically. 
Skillup’s review is so accurate. Wax on. Wax off.

It feels so amazing to wipe the floor with enemies you previously struggled with. f**king feel like Neo just dodging and parrying every strike. I reached a point where I was just parrying by audio cues just from muscle memory.

10/10 go buy it. It’s one indie that deserves your money more than most AAA games out there. 
There is also an easy mode now so you don’t have any excuse.

Nice, waiting for it to come to ps plus extra.

15 hours ago, Mr. Comingle said:

My cleanest run of the club so far. 
f**king love this game man.

Struggling with soaring CEO. Any tips. The worst part is that the path to the boss is kinda long and hard too. [twss]

Would you say it is harder than Returnal and Hades ? I have recently played those, so will be great if you could compare it to those two.

4 minutes ago, SuperT said:

Would you say it is harder than Returnal and Hades ? I have recently played those, so will be great if you could compare it to those two.

Returnal and Hades relies more on knowledge of game mechanics and builds. Sifu is more reliant on reflexes. I would say Sifu is easier to pick up than Returnal or Hades but harder to master. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nikushimi said:

Returnal and Hades relies more on knowledge of game mechanics and builds. Sifu is more reliant on reflexes. I would say Sifu is easier to pick up than Returnal or Hades but harder to master. 

Thanks! Also, I am guessing in Hades and Returnal you could get lucky with RNG which doesn't seem to be the case for Sifu. 

Just now, SuperT said:

Thanks! Also, I am guessing in Hades and Returnal you could get lucky with RNG which doesn't seem to be the case for Sifu. 

Yeah Returnal relies on RNG the most. With Hades there are ways to manipulate RNG.

With Sifu there are different inputs for block and evade and you have to input the appropriate block/evade depending on high/low attacks. It's more like a typical fighting game in this regard and needs good reflexes. With Returnal there is only one dodge key and it gives a generous amount of i-frames. 

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Finished the final boss below 40. Can probably shave off a few years and finish before 30 but I think it’s time to hang my talisman now. Great game 10/10 GOTY.

I just finished level 1 with age 45 :rofl:

But replaying the level for the 2nd time really feels so much better and satisfying. 

• 2 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Periodic reminder to play the game. If you like action movies like Raid Redemption, Hong Kong cinema you will love this. If you like games where you can feel a real badass after initially starting weak you’ll love it.

Go buy it.

I have it but no time to pley... :(

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...