What You Bought This Week - 2022 Edition

Ne0

10 minutes ago, SuperT said:

Thanks man, but PS+ is usually 2100 during sales on PSN

I missed that, will stack up when I get that offer. And is it 2100 with taxes (₹1999+gst)?

1 hour ago, SuperT said:

Yup also if you buy it from tata cliq you can also get some card offers making it around 1900

It doesn’t seem to be CLiQing without additional purchases

ijLzjlK.jpg

The most discount is 15% with OneCard, which makes it ₹2,549

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Aercy said:

It doesn’t seem to be CLiQing without additional purchases

ijLzjlK.jpg

The most discount is 15% with OneCard, which makes it ₹2,549

Not now when the sale is on for psn cards. It goes for 2100 in many places plus you can also get some cashback. 

Edited by SuperT
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, ZooZoo said:

Whats-App-Image-2022-01-17-at-7-43-12-PM

Got this beauty today. Wow, Sony knows what they are doing. These are almost as good as their bigger cousin WH1000XM4. 

Congrats ! 

I would sometimes rate the TWS better - sound is thrown right into your ear canal. 

3 hours ago, ZooZoo said:

Got this beauty today. Wow, Sony knows what they are doing. These are almost as good as their bigger cousin WH1000XM4. 

Congrats on the sweet purchase!! 

Is the fit heavy on the ear? Does not look comfortable compared to an airpods pro. Personally waiting to see how the next gen airpods pro holds up overall compared to this.

1 hour ago, R3D_D3ViL said:

Is the fit heavy on the ear? Does not look comfortable compared to an airpods pro. Personally waiting to see how the next gen airpods pro holds up overall compared to this.

Cant comment of fit so soon since it usually takes a few days to get used to design of a new product. They are a bit heavier compared to airpods but I will take that since they have insane battery life. I like it that they come with memory foam so they are very secure and do not fall no matter how much headbanging you do :P. Compared to Samsung Buds pro which I owner before this, they feel like falling off after some time due to their design and silicon tips so you will be constantly adjust them. 

First time you put these on and play some music, it puts a smile on your face because it lives up to the hype. There is so much more you hear than other earphones. :wOOtjumpy:

P.S: Only con for me right now is that the lid of the case is a bit flimsy, lacks the satisfying click on closing it and can be opened with very less effort but I guess that is compensated by the strongest magnets i have ever seen in a TWS case. Once you put your buds it, they are not coming out. Even when you pull them out, you feel the strength of magnet, its like a little magneto sitting inside there:rofl:. I just wish they had add one such magnet in the lid as well which would have give a satisfying click when you close it. 

Edited by ZooZoo

Also range is quite good. I left my phone in my bedroom and went to kitchen to grab something, usually other earbuds break connection here and there or have crackling sound with a thick wall inbetween but these were unaffected.

11 hours ago, R3D_D3ViL said:

You can't compare the two. Very different use case. APP work excellent if you're invested in the Apple ecosystem, prefer extremely comfortable buds, and prime use is for calling. 

If the primary use is music, the XM4s will shine much more then APP. 

@ZooZoo: How's the call quality ? Went through some reviews, and almost every one of those mentioned the quality is actually worse than XM3s ? The new ones sound a bit muffled over calls ? Soundguys sample also shows this. 

32 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

APP work excellent if you're invested in the Apple ecosystem, prefer extremely comfortable buds, and prime use is for calling. 

The only true lingering complaint I receive while using my AirPods Pro is that they suck for conversation for the other person. Semi-constant feedback that they pick up environment noise and amplify it much more than my voice. Which is weird coz you’d think the noise cancellation would work over phone channels too. 
A cursory online search shows that this is a common complaint. I’ve had mine replaced once too just for this but it keeps cropping up now and then. 
For me the pros actually shine with the iPad and spatial audio. Just so good. 

5 minutes ago, achilles said:

For me the pros actually shine with the iPad and spatial audio. Just so good. 

Oh yeah. Spatial audio is a win with APP. 

I'm hearing that the next set of whatever pods Apple plans to launch might use a bunch of mixed tech, like BT + Wifi or another proprietary tech to increase bandwidth, and carry higher quality signals. Hope that really happens, and Android ecosystem also follows soon. 

47 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

You can't compare the two. Very different use case. APP work excellent if you're invested in the Apple ecosystem, prefer extremely comfortable buds, and prime use is for calling. 

If the primary use is music, the XM4s will shine much more then APP. 

@ZooZoo: How's the call quality ? Went through some reviews, and almost every one of those mentioned the quality is actually worse than XM3s ? The new ones sound a bit muffled over calls ? Soundguys sample also shows this. 

They actually had an update few weeks back which claims to fix it. Have got on just a few calls using this but nobody complained. I will ask my friends explicitly about it next time i get on a call. Or you can give me a call and test it for :thumbsup:

4 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Oh yeah. Spatial audio is a win with APP. 

I'm hearing that the next set of whatever pods Apple plans to launch might use a bunch of mixed tech, like BT + Wifi or another proprietary tech to increase bandwidth, and carry higher quality signals. Hope that really happens, and Android ecosystem also follows soon. 

Spatial audio isnt native to APP only. It is just enabled for it by default. You can get it on other supported devices. I have used Galaxy buds pro on iphone 12 and used spatial audio. Here is how I would rate the 3 TWS I have used.

Audio Quality: Sony>> Galaxy Buds Pro > Airpod Pro

Comfort: Airpod Pro > Sony > Galaxy Buds Pro

Noise Cancelling: Sony>> Galaxy Buds Pro > Airpod Pro

Ambient Sound Mode: Airpods Pro > Galaxy Buds Pro > Sony

VFM: Galaxy Buds Pro >> Sony > Airpods Pro

Wind Reduction: For now its Galaxy Buds Pro > Airpods Pro. Have not tested Sony in windy conditions yet. 

Hope this helps anyone who is looking to buy one of these in future. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, ZooZoo said:

They actually had an update few weeks back which claims to fix it. Have got on just a few calls using this but nobody complained. I will ask my friends explicitly about it next time i get on a call. Or you can give me a call and test it for :thumbsup:

Thanks ! I'm in two minds about these buds just due to call quality. Whenever you can, please check. :thumbsup:

28 minutes ago, ZooZoo said:

Spatial audio isnt native to APP only. It is just enabled for it by default. You can get it on other supported devices. I have used Galaxy buds pro on iphone 12 and used spatial audio. Here is how I would rate the 3 TWS I have used.

Audio Quality: Sony>> Galaxy Buds Pro > Airpod Pro

Does it work as well? Head tracking etc? If Sony’s audio is really that much better I might just go for them. 

edit: I’d still wait for the AirPods Pro 2 to see what apple does with this gauntlet. Hopefully by bypassing bt, the switching etc will be seamless. Or maybe switching won’t even be needed.

Edited by achilles

1 minute ago, achilles said:

Head tracking etc

I think head tracking is only for Apple owned audio devices. (https://9to5mac.com/2021/06/21/spatial-audio-apple-music-headphones/ - One final thing to be aware of: with iOS 15, Apple is enabling head-tracking for Apple Music Spatial Audio. This means that the direction of sound when listening through AirPods Pro or AirPods Max will change depending on your own head movements. This feature of Spatial Audio will not be available on third-party headphones as it uses the gyroscope sensors inside the AirPods.)

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Thanks ! I'm in two minds about these buds just due to call quality. Whenever you can, please check. :thumbsup:

Checked on few calls yesterday and explicitly asked callers if they notice something different on call or how is the clarity, nobody complained. They all said its all fine. 

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

I think head tracking is only for Apple owned audio devices. (https://9to5mac.com/2021/06/21/spatial-audio-apple-music-headphones/ - One final thing to be aware of: with iOS 15, Apple is enabling head-tracking for Apple Music Spatial Audio. This means that the direction of sound when listening through AirPods Pro or AirPods Max will change depending on your own head movements. This feature of Spatial Audio will not be available on third-party headphones as it uses the gyroscope sensors inside the AirPods.)

Just curious about the spatial audio. Is it just about from where the source of the audio is, based on your head movements or it actually enables positional audio with theatre like surround effects. 

I have just heard a bit of music through these with spatial audio enabled where the sound probably sounded fuller with wider soundstage but I think that is achievable through any properly tuned headset without explicitly enabling spatial audio.