What You Bought This Week - 2022 Edition

Ne0

1 minute ago, R3D_D3ViL said:

Just curious about the spatial audio. Is it just about from where the source of the audio is, based on your head movements or it actually enables positional audio with theatre like surround effects. 

I have just heard a bit of music through these with spatial audio enabled where the sound probably sounded fuller with wider soundstage but I think that is achievable through any properly tuned headset without explicitly enabling spatial audio. 

Yeah. I mean I don't see a huge difference while using SA/DA with non Apple headphones (I have tried with WFXM3s and PX 550II). Positional audio sounds a bit better though. A discernable ear can make out the position of instruments pretty clearly, with some sounds coming from "top" rather than just left and right. It's...OK. Not the kind of wow I was expecting. I am not sure, but some of the treble sounded harsher than non DA tracks. 

Full SA only works with Apple ear gear, using multiple sensors. 

5 hours ago, R3D_D3ViL said:

Just curious about the spatial audio. Is it just about from where the source of the audio is, based on your head movements or it actually enables positional audio with theatre like surround effects. 

I have just heard a bit of music through these with spatial audio enabled where the sound probably sounded fuller with wider soundstage but I think that is achievable through any properly tuned headset without explicitly enabling spatial audio. 

5 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Yeah. I mean I don't see a huge difference while using SA/DA with non Apple headphones (I have tried with WFXM3s and PX 550II). Positional audio sounds a bit better though. A discernable ear can make out the position of instruments pretty clearly, with some sounds coming from "top" rather than just left and right. It's...OK. Not the kind of wow I was expecting. I am not sure, but some of the treble sounded harsher than non DA tracks. 

Full SA only works with Apple ear gear, using multiple sensors. 

Honestly, music in spatial audio was kind of a let down and I’ve switched it off. Either they need better mixing, or music is simply better in stereo. But where spatial audio shines is while watching video content, specially on the slab of glass called the iPad. It feels like it’s coming from right within the display. And it moves if your head moves. To me that’s immersive

Edited by achilles

Just now, achilles said:

Honestly, music in spatial audio was kind of a let down and view switched it off. Either they need better mixing, or music is simply better in stereo. But where spatial audio shines is while watching video content, specially on the slab of glass called the iPad. It feels like it’s coming from right within the display. And it moves if your head moves. To me that’s immersive

Yeah. Needs Apple ear gear though. 

Haul over the past couple of weeks. Except the keyboard (replaced the switches though).

Hades courtesy of @fatpigeon

1. ipad Mini (latest gen) 64GB with apple pencil 

2. Gateron Yellow switches from Rectangles.store

3. Switch games sans Hades from a seller in Delhi (new)

3-B03-BD3-A-7-FED-4214-ACDC-CCA3-DEFDB37

Edited by l33tmaniac
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I didn't buy this (is a gift), but holy hell, I'm totally blown away by it. ??????

I'm a big fan of SNK (borderline fanatic) and its various franchises. Samurai Shodown is one of the best, (if not the best) weapon based fighting game series ( and one of my personal favs).  I was totally taken up by surprise when I received this. 

totally made my day (if not my whole week). The art seems epic. Maybe one of the holy grail(s) of my SNK collection. ???

20220123-170542-01.jpg

20220123-170600-01.jpg

• Like 6