What You Bought This Week - 2022 Edition

Ne0

15 hours ago, roun90 said:

Since I'm a huge fan of LOTR my wife gifted me the illustrated edition of Lord of the Rings for our upcoming anniversary. The illustrations were done by J.R.R. Tolkien himself (and not a 3rd party artist), and this is the first time these illustrations have been released

R8tIwOb.jpg?1  

DAMN!!! :O:O:O

Need To Get A Wife Now. 

• Haha 4

19 hours ago, roun90 said:

Since I'm a huge fan of LOTR my wife gifted me the illustrated edition of Lord of the Rings for our upcoming anniversary. The illustrations were done by J.R.R. Tolkien himself (and not a 3rd party artist), and this is the first time these illustrations have been released

atyT2Lh.jpg?1

0JS0BJ6.jpg   

Didn't know this existed and now i want it

3 hours ago, 0verlord said:

is your wife also a lotr fan? or you suggested your wife to gift to gift you this?

No, she's not. I'm the only LOTR nut. She knew I was a LOTR fan from a pretty long time actually. I also did not have to suggest her. She did her own research it seems. She's a Harry Potter fan. So I got her the Illustrated editions of the Harry Potter books for the anniversary (Only the 1st four, there are no illustrated editions of the others yet it seems).

1 hour ago, playstationdude said:

Didn't know this existed and now i want it

It's a very good edition. Excellent for collectors.

BTW I forgot to add the most important image it seems, how the book actually looks from the front like in the box. The full Eye of Sauron. So here it is (Along with the image of the inscription at the Moria Gate) -

OwE0E5p.jpg  ZDNjPDU.jpg?1

Edited by roun90