What You Bought This Week - 2022 Edition

Ne0

4 hours ago, CtrlAltDev93 said:

Not a lie but I developed tinnitus after using the XM4 and apparently it’s a prevalent issue with the XM3 as well so maybe you dodged a bullet?

Yeah Sony Sux! Hence proved. Thank you. 

On 3/23/2022 at 2:54 PM, hussain said:

Just bought the Bose QC35 ii. Now feeling post purchase dissonance. Please reply with "It is much better than Sony 100Xm3" please :/

I actually had found the QC35ii much more comfortable compared to the XM3s. I could surely wear them for longer hours compared to the Sony ones. Had tried both and prefer the sound of Bose as well. Plus the touch controls of XM3s apparently were not reliable especially if its very windy. Had read that in snowy winds they tend to malfunction or something but of course you cant replicate that in the metros. However, not sure if anything happens in just normal windy conditions here as well. Compared to the XM3, I feel the post purchase dissonance shouldn't be there :P. 

3 hours ago, Lazyboy8134 said:

I actually had found the QC35ii much more comfortable compared to the XM3s. I could surely wear them for longer hours compared to the Sony ones. Had tried both and prefer the sound of Bose as well. Plus the touch controls of XM3s apparently were not reliable especially if its very windy. Had read that in snowy winds they tend to malfunction or something but of course you cant replicate that in the metros. However, not sure if anything happens in just normal windy conditions here as well. Compared to the XM3, I feel the post purchase dissonance shouldn't be there :P. 

True. 

Clamping force is much higher on the Sony’s. 

Xm4 is even worse

3 hours ago, Lazyboy8134 said:

Reminds me of QC25. One could wear those headphones for hours and not feel a thing. The pads went to sh*t within 2 years though. Incredible comfort nevertheless. 

2 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Reminds me of QC25. One could wear those headphones for hours and not feel a thing. The pads went to sh*t within 2 years though. Incredible comfort nevertheless. 

QC35 II is hands down the most comfortable headset ever. Even my ear cushions wore off and I just bought a cheap replacement from Amazon.

3 hours ago, l33tmaniac said:

QC35 II is hands down the most comfortable headset ever. Even my ear cushions wore off and I just bought a cheap replacement from Amazon.

This is genuinely great because I’m mostly going to wear them while I work so 6-8 hours a day. Thank you guys for the feel good words haha

• Like 1

9 hours ago, hussain said:

This is genuinely great because I’m mostly going to wear them while I work so 6-8 hours a day. Thank you guys for the feel good words haha

You won't regret them for sure. If you are looking for a great noise cancelling headset that you intend to use for hours at a time, this is it. It may not have a lot of features that Sony does, but it's amazing at what it sets out to do. 

Great noise cancellation, really good (and neutral) sound quality.

On 3/23/2022 at 6:46 PM, abhi90 said:

nahi hai Focal, tum khareed lo to ussi bahane main sun lunga :fear:

Tumhare liye Orpheus ka audition karwaun? :fear:

Which headphones do you have? I recently bought Hifiman Sundara and Sennheiser HD650

Thinking about buying Focal a couple of years later 

On 3/31/2022 at 7:10 PM, psinide said:

Splurged on a home theater system for the first time, and it did not disappoint!!!! Watched Dune on Apple TV with DV & DA and it was :wub: 

zRDkX7M.jpg

How much did this cost and how big is the soundbar ??