What You Bought This Week - 2022 Edition

Ne0

32 minutes ago, playstationdude said:

Called it. These assholes are diverting Indian units at scalper rates. Ridiculous 

Can someone tweet about these guys to Sony? AFAIK, Sony is so controlling these days, that if quite a bit of people report - these guys will not have any units allocated to them in future.

1 hour ago, Mr. Comingle said:

When does it go on sale usually. I'm looking to buy a good sound system. 

How is your experience? 

Thinking if I should get a 5.1 system or a soundbar. Soundbar would be a lot cleaner. 

Listen to a soundbar, if you are satisfied with it then proceed but a discrete 5.1 system will deliver much better fidelity and wow-factor!

2 hours ago, b!T said:

You know what sucks more? Being 30+ with responsibilities. U can get the game but won't have time to play. So trust me, enjoy your teens :lol:

Wait till you hit 40. Real mid life crisis. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, LordSpymaster said:

I know you must've heard this a lot but trust us when we say that school life is the easiest part of it. It just gets harder :nerves:

He never gonna get this till he reaches that point in his life.

I dont think without experiencing that situation anyone can understand it.

I was the yonger one in my family

I never understood that feeling when i was in school.

When all of my elder bro/sis used to say beta maje kr lo yhi time hai.

And at that time all i wanted is to grow up so that i can control my life and do all of those things i want

I was f**king stupid

3 hours ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Simple solution is to stop buying from local retailers and just stick to the bigger ones. 

Most of them are scum and deserve to driven out of business. There is hardly 200-300 rupees difference between amazon vs. these smaller ones anyways. 

Nah, there are a lot of benefits to supporting smaller retailers. For example, I got Ni No Kuni 2 Prince's Edition at a very reasonable price from small retailer at launch. Very equivalent to US$ price (Maybe some 200 Rs more). And that edition was not even released in India. The retailer arranged for it, because I asked him for it. 

A friend of mine got Horizon 2 Collector's Edition for 12k (The Official Price). He would not have got it if it was a national chain, because of competition from the entire country. If you are a regular customer of a small retailer, they might even keep 1 unit of next gen console for you (Non-scalper prices) and sell you official stock. It's like a small town market. The supplier knows you, and will sell you, while you give him business on a somewhat regular basis. 

Just because 1 small retailer is cheating, does not mean all are bad.

• Like 1

Just now, Mr. Comingle said:

I don't want to develop a relationship just to have the privelege of buying something for MRP. 

You also get stuff that is not officially released here, as I said. Your other option would have been importing from Amazon.com/Playasia etc., waiting for 1 month, and then possibly paying 30% Customs on top of it. As far as "Privilege" of buying at MRP - you do get to quit the lottery rat race of Amazon.in/FK/RD. You don't have to "Keep Clicking, hoping your order has gone through and hoping you were not charged twice by accident". Your machine is secure - you will not get any calls from Customer Care asking you to "Please Cancel Your Order". Best part - the retailers can also liaison with Sony/MS in case your machine needs repairing.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, LordSpymaster said:

I know you must've heard this a lot but trust us when we say that school life is the easiest part of it. It just gets harder :nerves:

Hi, are you me? :fear1:

Oh I trust u. I belive its true. I'm just waiting for most of this crap to get over so ultimately however hard it is. I don't have my head wired to a controller with the controller in somebody elses hand controlling every goddamn thing. Still look fwd to college a lil bit. Hope its as peak of life as everyone also says.

21 hours ago, CtrlAltDev93 said:

*cries in 29*

It gets better .. I was counting down the last 3 months to 30 .. once I reached 30 .. don’t care at all .. next up is 35 .. I need that Joey Tribbiani deal with God.