What You Bought This Week - 2022 Edition

Ne0

On 8/1/2022 at 8:30 PM, radicaldude said:

I was a fan of gearbox software in general and (I'm still a fan of) Brothers in Arms series in particular, before they (Gearbox) went to the dogs. 

One of the best (if not the best) series based on WW2. The storytelling and its execution was unparalleled. Finally got the Special Physical Versions for the PC

PXL-20220801-032119347.jpg

Believe it or not I actually never ended up playing the Brothers In Arms games on PC back in the day but heard and read only great things about the series. Now, seeing this post of yours I'm thinking of picking the first game up and getting into the series. I know it's late but good games never die right?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Black_Hawk said:

Believe it or not I actually never ended up playing the Brothers In Arms games on PC back in the day but heard and read only great things about the series. Now, seeing this post of yours I'm thinking of picking the first game up and getting into the series. I know it's late but good games never die right?

It has aged really well. Involves a lot of tactics/strategizing. 

It's not like some run and gun shooter based on  WW2. 

Do give it a try. The story is simply amazing! 

The third game is the best in the trilogy though! 

Edited by radicaldude
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

It has aged really well. Involves a lot of tactics/strategizing. 

It's not like some run and gun shooter based on  WW2. 

Do give it a try. The story is simply amazing! 

The third game is the best in the trilogy though! 

Yes, it's not only you but you also need to properly strategize with your team. I'm definitely going to give the games a shot. Thanks mate! :)

• Like 1

On 7/31/2022 at 9:10 AM, Krazyniks said:

Finally got a new monitor

c1-IMG20220731090411-01-1825252ce74-6.jp

Wanted 32 inch only as it can also be used as a TV when relatives come over . 

1440p monitor with 165Hz refresh rate with height and pivot adjustable stand . This supports downscaling as well accept 4k signal from PS5 and downscale it to 1440p . So can enjoy that till Sony launches this new software update globally. 

Where did you get this from how much did it cost ?  WIll this be able to do 120Hz at 1440P from PS (as when the update rolls out)

Edited by Channu

6 minutes ago, Black_Hawk said:

Yes, it's not only you but you also need to properly strategize with your team. I'm definitely going to give the games a shot. Thanks mate! :)

Basically it's a tactics title in FPS form. 

Amazing gameplay! You control and need to parade your troops. You will actually feel like a leader  as the story progresses. 

Edited by radicaldude
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Channu said:

Where did you get this from how much did it cost ?  WIll this be able to do 120Hz at 1440P from PS (as when the update rolls out)

Yes it should be able to do 120fps at 1440p when update rolls out but it would depend on individual game developers in the end to include 1440p/120 fps. 

I purchased from a local store for 24.5k net. But this monitor was selling for 24k on Amazon during Prime sale and with SBI/Amazonpay it would cost 22.8k . Might be available for this price again in upcoming sale 

I had my own reasons to buy locally ( got GST bill to claim input tax around 4k) . Could have gotten it from Amazon as well but it requires making a separate account. 

Edited by Krazyniks
  • Like 1