What You Bought This Week - 2022 Edition

Ne0

48 minutes ago, 0verlord said:

Damages?

also, why didn’t you go for Switch Pro controller?

3700 I guess. Cheaper than pro controller, but equally good. Only downside is that you cant wake the switch from sleep mode

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, l33tmaniac said:

3700 I guess. Cheaper than pro controller, but equally good. Only downside is that you cant wake the switch from sleep mode

Also, too many fake Pro controllers. Unless you open it up, almost impossible to know. 

5 hours ago, 0verlord said:

Damages?

also, why didn’t you go for Switch Pro controller?

₹3,699

Too many fake Switch Pro controllers. Ordered from MX2games and got a fake one. After a long whatsapp conversation, he arranged a pickup and refunded. Got this from him only.

Also, 8bitdo pro 2 has better built quality,

more versatile as you can use with other devices, and has additional customisable buttons and an app to do so.

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Aercy said:

₹3,699

Too many fake Switch Pro controllers. Ordered from MX2games and got a fake one. After a long whatsapp conversation, he arranged a pickup and refunded. Got this from him only.

Also, 8bitdo pro 2 has better built quality,

more versatile as you can use with other devices, and has additional customisable buttons and an app to do so.

Can this also be used with PS3 ? 8 bitdo USB dongles could convert any controller to be compatible with a wide range of consoles.

12 minutes ago, Channu said:

Can this also be used with PS3 ? 8 bitdo USB dongles could convert any controller to be compatible with a wide range of consoles.

I've heard that it works with the PS3 when you connect the USB dongle. 

1 hour ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Also, too many fake Pro controllers. Unless you open it up, almost impossible to know. 

What about the more recent special editions such as Splatoon 3? Are they also fake?

29 minutes ago, l33tmaniac said:

What about the more recent special editions such as Splatoon 3? Are they also fake?

Very quickly copied by Chinese fakes. Unless one can buy from Nintendo directly, there are high chances of fakes. I've been burnt twice, and the cosmetic quality of fakes is nowadays at par with real ones. Unless you strip it down and look at nitty gritties, super difficult to make out the fake one. My first fake had to be striped down, and the motor was missing. Second one has to be striped down to check the serial number on the mobo I think, with only difference been font size vs original. 

I really don't trust any seller in India to sell original. They themselves don't know much, and are in for the business. Most buyers will also not find a cosmetic difference. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Very quickly copied by Chinese fakes. Unless one can buy from Nintendo directly, there are high chances of fakes. I've been burnt twice, and the cosmetic quality of fakes is nowadays at par with real ones. Unless you strip it down and look at nitty gritties, super difficult to make out the fake one. My first fake had to be striped down, and the motor was missing. Second one has to be striped down to check the serial number on the mobo I think, with only difference been font size vs original. 

I really don't trust any seller in India to sell original. They themselves don't know much, and are in for the business. Most buyers will also not find a cosmetic difference. 

I probably should not have sold the Pro controller that I bought during the v1 launch :\

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Got a fun little camera for the little one. 

EoB1Vvr.jpg

Great for spontaneity and physical connection. Also works for printing via phone. 

Is it just a regular camera or something special? And how much did it cost ?

28 minutes ago, Ne0 said:

Is it just a regular camera or something special? And how much did it cost ?

It's a polaroid style camera i.e. it has an inbuilt printer, and uses the mini prints by Fuji. You can also get wide cameras or square cameras if you like that aspect ratio. 

It also has 10 in built filters + 10 lens effects, giving quite a bit of leeway in how you want to "creatively" shoot stuff. Small and lightweight enough to pocketable, and personal enough that you can click and print a photo in less than 10 seconds. It also allows printing photos on your phone. 

Just as an example, we used the first roll of 10 prints yesterday for these pics, which my daughter is putting in her scrapbook now, with some writings and drawings:

0qEpuQ3.jpg

You can get different style of films, write on the edges etc. 

How it works:

Film costs around 500-600 for a pack of 10. 

Camera + 2 film rolls (20 pieces) are for 20k, but you can get Instax from 5k onwards too. 

Edited by Bird Bird Bird
  • Like 5

5 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

It's a polaroid style camera i.e. it has an inbuilt printer, and uses the mini prints by Fuji. You can also get wide cameras or square cameras if you like that aspect ratio. 

It also has 10 in built filters + 10 lens effects, giving quite a bit of leeway in how you want to "creatively" shoot stuff. Small and lightweight enough to pocketable, and personal enough that you can click and print a photo in less than 10 seconds. It also allows printing photos on your phone. 

Just as an example, we used the first roll of 10 prints yesterday for these pics, which my daughter is putting in her scrapbook now, with some writings and drawings:

0qEpuQ3.jpg

You can get different style of films, write on the edges etc. 

How it works:

Film costs around 500-600 for a pack of 10. 

Camera + 2 film rolls (20 pieces) are for 20k, but you can get Instax from 5k onwards too. 

Thanks the details , let me check it out :)

On 9/17/2022 at 11:06 AM, l33tmaniac said:

Easiest way to test is with HD rumble and Amibos detection. 

Most fake ones have exaggerated rumble and can’t detect Amibos. 

2 hours ago, Vamos said:

Easiest way to test is with HD rumble and Amibos detection. 

Most fake ones have exaggerated rumble and can’t detect Amibos. 

Where did you get your Switch Pro controller? Is that seller always giving original ones guaranteed?

7 minutes ago, 0verlord said:

Where did you get your Switch Pro controller? Is that seller always giving original ones guaranteed?

I got a pre-owned one from CeX for 3k, as I don’t use my Switch in docked mode all that much. 

It’s working fine, but I have given up trying to figure out if it’s original. 

As far as I can tell, the rumble seems identical in the joycons and the controller.. So i guess it is the original. 

1 hour ago, Vamos said:

I got a pre-owned one from CeX for 3k, as I don’t use my Switch in docked mode all that much. 

It’s working fine, but I have given up trying to figure out if it’s original. 

As far as I can tell, the rumble seems identical in the joycons and the controller.. So i guess it is the original. 

Honestly, since there's no warranty, you can easily open it to check major details. Hardly takes 15-20 mins. 

Tons of YouTube videos.