What You Bought This Week - 2022 Edition

Ne0

9 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

a) Go to Comic Con

b) Realise you are nearly a 40-year old uncle in a sea of 20-somethings in the entire comic con

c) Get awkward and run for a safe nostalgic space to find other uncles

d) The space turns out to be Raj Comic booths with both Sanjay and Manish ji chatting and signing copies

e) Spend buttloads of money on nostalgia and childhood fantasy

f) Profit ??

vDyqoej.jpg

gGVJQtd.jpg

5kDSrD9.jpg

oIzJ0e1.jpg

MVwSwCo.jpg

4YG9Sim.jpg

nEy9Lsn.jpg

feJqKCO.jpg

FX8PiKN.jpg

Anyway, picked up Naagayan CE, with tons of extra stuff, Khajana and Dracula series (some of their best works), Rajnagar ki Tabahi (one of the first Indian comics to mix video games and superheroes) and a bunch of newly written stuff - ofcourse all in Hindi since I just can't read these awesomeness in any other language. I also like what they have done with the limited editions, with embossed lettering etc. 

Sad to see both the Guptas go their own way - many stories are published by both camps, and it is MEGA CONFUSING what is included in which collected editions. They just made reading a childhood comic 100x more difficult. 

You win the thread sir.

Anywhere i can get the entire Dhruv & Nagaraj series in Hindi. Hope buying online is an option too.

42 minutes ago, blitzkreiig said:

You win the thread sir.

Anywhere i can get the entire Dhruv & Nagaraj series in Hindi. Hope buying online is an option too.

Rajcomicsuniverse

Comicsadda

Comicshaveli

Both the Gupta Bros have split, so now you've Raj Comics by Sanjay Gupta and Raj Comics by Manish Gupta. Depending on their arrangement, one of them sells individual comics as sets, and another one sells collected digests of same comics. So you gotta check the ones you want, and order accordingly.  

They are differentiating via new storylines over the course of last year.  

Edit: You can find sets on Amazon and Flipkart too. 

Edited by Bird Bird Bird
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Kirti said:

Great collection. I still remember we were so hyped about "Maine Mara Dhruv Ko" when it was released.

That was one of the best storylines in RC. In general, the stories during heydays are much better than what's written now. I'm reading a few released in the last year, and there is so much sexism in the dialogues. A lot of street language is used, which is jarring coming from superheroes. 

The golden era is sadly gone, but fortunately we can still buy those comics. Wouldn't recommend anything written and published in 2022 (by RCSG). Yet to read from RCMG camp. 

• Like 1

On 12/20/2022 at 10:04 PM, blitzkreiig said:

You win the thread sir.

There are a lot of sellers, but cheapest option right now is comichaveli since they are clearing all RC stocks. expect 40% discount from them.  most reliable is comicsadda.

I wouldn't recommend Rajcomicsuniverse, rajcomics.net at all.  There have been a lot of complaints of missing comics, novelties, and refund issues.  Mods/admins of FB group of both RCSG and RCMG simply block users who raise any complaints regarding orders.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

23 hours ago, Kirti said:

Great collection. I still remember we were so hyped about "Maine Mara Dhruv Ko" when it was released.

22 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

That was one of the best storylines in RC. In general, the stories during heydays are much better than what's written now. I'm reading a few released in the last year, and there is so much sexism in the dialogues. A lot of street language is used, which is jarring coming from superheroes. 

The golden era is sadly gone, but fortunately we can still buy those comics. Wouldn't recommend anything written and published in 2022 (by RCSG). Yet to read from RCMG camp. 

Sriman DhwaniRaj Aapka daava galat hai ki aapney Dhruv ko Chand pe maara kyun ki chaand pe vaatavaran nahi hai aur aapki dhwani tarangein vahaan kucch nahi kar sakti!

Commander Natasha's storyline with Grand Master Robo :panic:

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Channu said:

Sriman DhwaniRaj Aapka daava galat hai ki aapney Dhruv ko Chand pe maara kyun ki chaand pe vaatavaran nahi hai aur aapki dhwani tarangein vahaan kucch nahi kar sakti!

Sahi Pakade Hain.

Dhruv comics used to had a bit of science in them. Don't know if they still use it, haven't read any of them for a decade.

I have still got some of the old collections from my teenage time.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Channu said:

Introduction of Swarna Nagri, Kirigi, Bauna Vamaan series etc. Such great reads. 

13 minutes ago, Kirti said:

Sahi Pakade Hain.

Dhruv comics used to had a bit of science in them. Don't know if they still use it, haven't read any of them for a decade.

I have still got some of the old collections from my teenage time.

Science has been dumbed down quite a bit. It's mostly pseudoscience with fantasy elements now.  I'm reading a new series, and Nagaraj has so many new powers, almost seems one is made up on the spot for moving the story forward. :lol:

Also Brahmaand Rakshak, Brahmand Rakshak Vistaar, Para Brahmand Rakshak etc. Number of superheroes are crazy, and the names are crazier. :rofl:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Introduction of Swarna Nagri, Kirigi, Bauna Vamaan series etc. Such great reads. 

Science has been dumbed down quite a bit. It's mostly pseudoscience with fantasy elements now.  I'm reading a new series, and Nagaraj has so many new powers, almost seems one is made up on the spot for moving the story forward. :lol:

Also Brahmaand Rakshak, Brahmand Rakshak Vistaar, Para Brahmand Rakshak etc. Number of superheroes are crazy, and the names are crazier. :rofl:

Nagraj aur Super Commando Dhruv, Nagraj aur Bugaku, Kirigi Ka Kahar, Maine Mara Dhruv Ko, Chumba ka Chakravyuh, Doctor Virus, Khazana series - all were superhits at that time. Nagraj aur Bugaku still holds the record of max number of copies sold in RC history till date. I still got whole collection of Dhruv and Nagraj, and some of Fighter Toads, Bhokal, Parmanu, Doga, Bhediya, Pret Uncle but hardly get any time to read them.

Reason why Nagaraj has become so confusing is that there are 3 versions of him now - vishwarakshak, atankharta, narak nashak. 

btw sorry for all the OTs.  i think we should have a separate thread for RC fans :bigyellowgrin::bigyellowgrin:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/20/2022 at 1:19 PM, Sach4life said:

Just CPU and case coolers left to come, would build the PC then. Excited as it has been a long time since I last gamed on PC :wOOtjumpy:

phir-hera-pheri-bhai-paisa-ho-to-kya-kuc

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1