What You Bought This Week - 2022 Edition

Ne0

8 minutes ago, Krazyniks said:

You will get a job there soon enough. My friend and his wife moved to UK last year ( only my friend had a job there). She got a job within 2 months of moving . Have heard similar stories elsewhere - takes 2/3 months mostly . 

Yeah. Everyone told me that Aussies are a bit uptight about local experience. Usually takes 2-3 months for the first job. 

8 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

I want that level of unemployment allowing me to buy Sony OLEDs. :P

Had to convince my wife to use some (2k AUD) of the relocation package. Told her how good a deal it is. Good thing that she herself is super used to OLED quality since we have one back in India :P

• Haha 1

On 8/22/2022 at 1:16 PM, Sach4life said:

Got this for a very good price (compared to the 2022 model). Brand new piece.

P.S. - TV cabinet, couch etc. still on the way 

alFu4N7.jpg

YlpaNXt.jpg

Congrats. Is this the model https://www.amazon.in/Sony-Bravia-inches-KD-65X80J-Compatibility/dp/B091N3MQ92/ref=sr_1_2?crid=PM55KWJWE2SZ&keywords=a80j&qid=1661281484&sprefix=a80j%2Caps%2C309&sr=8-2 ?

10 hours ago, hazard12345 said:

No, it is not.

X80J is LED.

He bought A80J which is OLED.

Substantial price difference between the two.

9 hours ago, Maximus said:

WZGfAqe.jpeg

PS5 covers

Sony WH - 1000xm5

Seagate 2tb SSD

How do the XM5s sound ? I tried them for 10-15 mins, and the music sounded extremely artificial. Like the sharpness is boosted via processing. 

Compared the side by side to Bose 700, and the latter sounded a lot more natural.

Pairing with XM5 was a breeze, the Bose was a chore. 

On 8/22/2022 at 6:09 PM, Bird Bird Bird said:

I want that level of unemployment allowing me to buy Sony OLEDs. :P

Was watching a podcast on YouTube where one guy defined wealth as -

"Having the freedom to do what you want when you want" 

The more i think about more i agree with this take . It's not about the actual bank balance or net worth.

You may have a very high net worth but if you can't use the money as & when you want you aren't wealthy.

Similarly if someone doesn't have a very high net worth but is able to use his money as & when he wants then yeah he is wealthy enough.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Krazyniks said:

The more i think about more i agree with this take . It's not about the actual bank balance or net worth.

You may have a very high net worth but if you can't use the money as & when you want you aren't wealthy.

Similarly if someone doesn't have a very high net worth but is able to use his money as & when he wants then yeah he is wealthy enough.

Sounds like someone with a high net worth would say. ;)

51 minutes ago, Krazyniks said:

This is less about being “wealthy” and more about the ‘liquidity’ of your wealth

if you have high net worth, why can’t you use your wealth as and when you want?

or are you talking about health? Because if you aren’t healthy, you can’t enjoy your wealth “as and when you want”

2 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Sounds like someone with a high net worth would say. ;)

3 hours ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Yeah but you need money to spend it as and when you want

True . But the amount of money required would differ from person to person depending on their needs.  

2 hours ago, 0verlord said:

This is less about being “wealthy” and more about the ‘liquidity’ of your wealth

if you have high net worth, why can’t you use your wealth as and when you want?

or are you talking about health? Because if you aren’t healthy, you can’t enjoy your wealth “as and when you want”

Talking about wealth only. Yeah it's about liquidity as well as your thinking . If you can't use your wealth the way you want(thinking) and when you want(liquidity) - does that wealth actually mean anything ?

1 hour ago, Krazyniks said:

Talking about wealth only. Yeah it's about liquidity as well as your thinking . If you can't use your wealth the way you want(thinking) and when you want(liquidity) - does that wealth actually mean anything ?

Seems hypothetical tbh. Can you think of a real world example ?

1 hour ago, Krazyniks said:

If you can't use your wealth the way you want(thinking) and when you want(liquidity)

Let’s take a high net worth individual 

In which cases wouldn’t she be able to use her wealth the way she wants (thinking) and when she wants (liquidity)?

I'm guessing he's talking about people who dont have liquid cash. Like if someone's net worth is coming all from property? Or something else that cant be liquidated super easily. 

There's also people who have personal responsibilities / obligations or busy / hectic work lives. Earning a lot of money but no time to actually use it? 

Idk just guessing 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, hazard12345 said:

That’s x80j. That’s an LED Tv
A80j is oled.it’S so damn good :wub:but pricey :/

Sony Bravia 139 cm (55 inches) XR series 4K Ultra HD Smart OLED Google TV XR-55A80J (Black) https://amzn.eu/d/iYvsoVk

Edited by silv3rgunn3r