Microsoft to Acquire Activision Blizzard

2 minutes ago, AnK said:

sort,these companies were visibly in trouble & had reached a creative roadblock where they weren’t creating something new or groundbreaking. 

They willingly gave up business for a reason. 

Seriously ? Even with my sh*t knowledge about gaming, both Bethesda and Activision are money spinners, with some of the best IPs in business. 

A new CoD, Diablo etc will be instant sellers. 

As labelled in the document, MS has a very long term future vision in cloud and VR gaming (think Metaverse), and they are looking to be prepped for it. Maybe they missed the cloud mania early on (that's how competitors like Dropbox got big), and don't want to miss the next train to more power and money. 

Clearly subs like GP and O365 are proving that there's a huge market. 

1 minute ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Seriously ? Even with my sh*t knowledge about gaming, both Bethesda and Activision are money spinners, with some of the best IPs in business. 

As labelled in the document, MS has a very long term future vision in cloud and VR gaming (think Metaverse), and they are looking to be prepped for it. Maybe they missed the cloud mania early on (that's how competitors like Dropbox got big), and don't want to miss the next train to more power and money. 

Culture wise (talking about Activision). 

3 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

Culture wise (talking about Activision). 

Yeah. Culture generally takes a dump in front of money as long as you've good PR. Is it ok ? Nope. Is it common ? Yes. 

I don't know about others, but i do know some peeps working at MS, and they usually have good things to say about MS. Based on an extremely small sample size, looks like MS has a much better culture than A/B, so should be good news for the A/B employees in the long run. 

Edited by Bird Bird Bird

18 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Can't say about Diablo or WorldWC 

But Bathesda games haven't been making money for a long time now.

Skryrim & probably maybe FO4 were their last golden goose 

Games like Doom aren't enough to keep things running 

5 minutes ago, AnK said:

Bethesda has many up on their sleeves and probably table tuners 

Starfield 

Atomic Heart

Ghostwire

Redfall

New Elder Scrolls 

New Indiana Jones 

Wolfenstien 3

More new games to announce this year

Are we forgetting that both COD and multiplayer games who are supposed to make the biggest buck for the companies failed/keep failing miserably. 

The SP titles are taking the show forward. 

14 minutes ago, AnK said:

:rofl:

I'm assuming as always you don't know sh*t:-

Quite literally the same discussion as MSs’ blog post. They clearly said they are building themselves for the future, things like Metaverse etc. 

11 minutes ago, AnK said:

Lets talk when we have numbers at hand. Wouldn’t like to discuss on speculation. 

1 minute ago, radicaldude said:

So nothing unusual tbh. Good that they will keep on organising. 

2 hours ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Here's my totally outlandish prediction. MS will make acti blizz games exclusive to GP at some point and arm twist Sony into carrying GP on psn. Again, totally outlandish and could turn out to be completely false. 

Only if M$ wishes xbox to represent only a service & not a console system.

Can't happen this gen but if Sony still ends up selling as much as they did with PS4 & Xbox Can't reach that status.

Next gen maybe yeah they could come to terms with Sony sticking with hardware & M$ purely into Subscription/Publishing.

I don't see a reason why anyone would buy an Xbox if GP & their games are on PS.

So, went through all the 10 pages....overall I feel

1) It's one crazy deal (70 f**king billion dollars) :panic:

2) Sony needs to get out its own Gamepass asap (probably with Day 1 exclusive title access)

3) Good that, I changed sides this generation and went with Xbox Series X. I no longer need to worry about buying games.

4) Who's next on must buy list? Ubisoft, EA, Take Two?

5) If MS is prepping for Metaverse.....what VR/AR/MR/XR devices are they relying on.......Holo Lens :scratchchin:?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Animus said:

So, went through all the 10 pages....overall I feel

1) It's one crazy deal (70 f**king billion dollars) :panic:

2) Sony needs to get out its own Gamepass asap (probably with Day 1 exclusive title access)

3) Good that, I changed sides this generation and went with Xbox Series X. I no longer need to worry about buying games.

4) Who's next on must buy list? Ubisoft, EA, Take Two?

5) If MS is prepping for Metaverse.....what VR/AR/MR/XR devices are they relying on.......Holo Lens :scratchchin:?

it will be called Halo Lens going forward. Not Holo Lens 😛