Microsoft to Acquire Activision Blizzard

1 hour ago, AnK said:

But you also need to keep something in mind….that they aren’t doing hostile take overs of any sort,these companies were visibly in trouble & had reached a creative roadblock where they weren’t creating something new or groundbreaking. 

They willingly gave up business for a reason. 

Have u seen hell blade2 gameplay? You talk such crap.

11 minutes ago, speeddemon said:

Have u seen hell blade2 gameplay

:rofl: 

But what did my statement had to be with HellBlade anyway?!? 

I was looking it as a Possitive that in changing landscape of gaming,studios & publishers would have gone out of business & M$ is sort of doing good by acquiring them for whatever roadmap it’s planning. 

A dead IP/studio < An IP/studio being used in some form. 

Edited by AnK

39 minutes ago, Heaven Angel said:

Bethesda has many up on their sleeves and probably table tuners 

Starfield 

Atomic Heart

Ghostwire

Redfall

New Elder Scrolls 

New Indiana Jones 

Wolfenstien 3

More new games to announce this year

Are we forgetting that both COD and multiplayer games who are supposed to make the biggest buck for the companies failed/keep failing miserably. 

The SP titles are taking the show forward. 

Ghostwire will remain PS exclusive till 2023. Elder Scroll 6 is not likely to come out till 2025 as the focus is on Starfield now. Wolfenstein 3 is a big unknown. Was it scrapped for Indiana Jones? Nobody knows. 

As much as we hate it, mobile and MP games are more prioritized than SP games due to steady cash flow. 

1 minute ago, AnK said:

:rofl: 

But what did my statement had to be with HellBlade anyway?!? 

I was looking it as a Possitive that in changing landscape of gaming  studios & publishers would have gone out of business & M$ is sort of doing good by acquiring them for whatever roadmap it’s planning. 

A dead IP/studio < An IP/studio being used in some form. 

Independent studios go out of business ,not Publishers . Dont know what you are smoking  :lol:

Also Activision has been milking it ,i wont be surprised if cod this year is still the best selling game of the year inspite of being the worst in years.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Animus said:

So, went through all the 10 pages....overall I feel

1) It's one crazy deal (70 f**king billion dollars) :panic:

2) Sony needs to get out its own Gamepass asap (probably with Day 1 exclusive title access)

3) Good that, I changed sides this generation and went with Xbox Series X. I no longer need to worry about buying games.

4) Who's next on must buy list? Ubisoft, EA, Take Two?

5) If MS is prepping for Metaverse.....what VR/AR/MR/XR devices are they relying on.......Holo Lens :scratchchin:?

It seems that publishers in financial or PR distress are targeted for acquisition. So Ubisoft could be next. 

You still have to wait for the rewards. The only Xbox major game for 2022 is Starfield as of now. 

Holo lens can be only be successful it has the software. So many new even revolutionary hardware fail because of the lack of the latter. Like Kinect. 

5 minutes ago, triggr happy ss said:

Independent studios go out of business ,not Publishers . Dont know what you are smoking  :lol:

Also Activision has been milking it ,i wont be surprised if cod this year is still the best selling game of the year inspite of being the worst in years.

Bethesda as a whole wasn’t doing well due to its main reliance on SP games and the failure of Fallout 76. 

20 minutes ago, triggr happy ss said:

If you see the entire Activision-Blizzard conglomerate as COD only then yes but sadly there is more to it than just COD which was on a downhill too. 
& 3-4 of their studios were totally dependent on it.

Also the game & studio referenced in the post itself was Ninja Theory & HellBlade,which was pretty evidently dying. 

Wonder if they will put WoW on GP and turn that monthly sub into GP ultimate sub. 

Activision games heading back to Steam would be nice as well along with day 1 on GP. Either way more exciting time ahead for GP users. :thumbsup:

3 hours ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Yeah but then there'll be even newer games to play and you'll be looking at a backlog all over again. 

As an SP only gamer to another. 
It’s better to go slow & through your backlog via timeline.

Rather then playing crap in a lead up towards death of AAA as we know it.

Better to go one by one & relish the last few gems before everything turns into something like “ReadyPlayerOne”  

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Obvious bait is obvious. 

Thoda rest le lo bhai. Pony Fandom is in shambles. 

Radical is completely shaken. Guy is in full panic mode. Fact he is quoting 2020 tweet from Grub proves that he panic mode.lol

KC nowhere to be seen. He couldn't stand against wrath of spencer either xD

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, RV1709 said:

If I was MS getting clobbered generation after generation by Sony, id throw around money too :giggle:

time to make good IPs now... they have all the studios, how about some actual good games 

How about you stop talking. I can feel salty tears in your post lol

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, WhiteWolf said:

KC nowhere to be seen. He couldn't stand against wrath of spencer either xD

2 minutes ago, WhiteWolf said:

I hope MS let IW and Treyarch make new IPs now..

1 minute ago, WhiteWolf said:

How about you stop talking. I can feel salty tears in your post lol

Just a quick question 

& you have to be honest. 

Which was the last Activision game that you bought or even played “ahem” & totally relished that experience?!