Microsoft to Acquire Activision Blizzard

Just now, AnK said:

What ppl are really eying on is making universal experiences for mobile & core AAA gamers into a lead up to the Metaverse. 

Ya Xbox is already removed from Phill job title. They going beyond Xbox. Its now just MS Gaming.

2 minutes ago, WhiteWolf said:

He will leave with f**k load of money lol

Pretty sure he will get like $300m+. His 2020 cost was: 

Termination for cause — $264,524

Termination without cause — $265,175,849

Pocket change for MS. :P 

8 minutes ago, WhiteWolf said:

Ya Xbox is already removed from Phill job title. They going beyond Xbox. Its now just MS Gaming.

I don’t think he’s capable of handling all that which is being envisioned.

He couldn’t do sh*t for XBone in 7 years. 

I think someone more capable will be given the reign as soon as these acquisition are done with their ongoing projects. 

He is just there to see it through while Satya is writing the cheques & then will step down as already hinted.  

Edited by AnK
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Heaven Angel said:

Insane

Honor of Kings / Arena of Valor is the highest grossing 

$13,384,000,000

f**king TENCENT 

For comparison GTA V has sold 155m copies (2nd best selling game of all time only behind Minecraft). Even if you count every copy at $60 it still makes less than what Honor of Kings made. :lol: 

GTA V in reality made around $6b revenue so far in 7 years. Genshin made half of that in 1 year. No wonder Tencent want to make their own Genshin game. 

34 minutes ago, AnK said:

I don’t think he’s capable of handling all that which is being envisioned.

He couldn’t do sh*t for XBone in 7 years. 

I think someone more capable will be given the reign as soon as these acquisition are done with their ongoing projects. 

He is just there to see it through while Satya is writing the cheques & then will step down as already hinted.  

As always, you're thinking wrong. 

51 minutes ago, AnK said:

What ppl are really eying on is making universal experiences for mobile & core AAA gamers into a lead up to the Metaverse. 

Lol latest hot take. Microsoft will sh*t down all AAA games which make billions of dollars each year and convert them to Metaverse. 

:roflroll:

Aur kuch conspiracy hai? 

1 hour ago, AnK said:

As an SP only gamer to another. 
It’s better to go slow & through your backlog via timeline.

Rather then playing crap in a lead up towards death of AAA as we know it.

Better to go one by one & relish the last few gems before everything turns into something like “ReadyPlayerOne”  

Lol calm down, hotshot. 

Deus ex Mankind Divided and shadow of mordor is not the pinnacle of gaming. Nahi lena mat le. Paka mat. 

25 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Lol latest hot take. Microsoft will sh*t down all AAA games which make billions of dollars each year and convert them to Metaverse. 

:roflroll:

Aur kuch conspiracy hai? 

why don’t you take this emoji you stole from hsk_C,up to Satya himself:- 

{The deal also hints at the direction in which Microsoft could be heading in the future. CEO Satya Nadella told employees in a written communication, "Gaming has been key to Microsoft since our earliest days as a company. Today, it’s the largest and fastest-growing form of entertainment, and as the digital and physical worlds come together, it will play a critical role in the development of metaverse platforms." Not too long ago, Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg had announced plans for an extensive, ambitious presence in the metaverse. Gaming and entertainment will be a large part of it, he said. Microsoft too is now upping its game and looking to challenge Meta in that domain.}

https://www.moneycontrol.com/news/business/mergers-acquisitions/microsoft-levels-up-in-metaverse-with-70-billion-activision-deal-7954621.html

Obviously I didn’t mean an overnight transition to something that is formless as we speak. 

But they clearly aren’t making these investments to please the traditional gamers in the long run. 

You are just a happy free rider for them atm to grow their presenting subscriber number. 

I know all this in a nut shell today doesn’t change anything towards the enjoyment ppl are experiencing at the moment or in near future,but it is what it is for the dynamics of what’s to come. 

• Like 1

All these billion dollar buyouts, still searching for actual games. 

All such news can only grab eyeballs till another PS showcase drops where actual games (in developement with realistic launch windows) are shown.  

Show me the games first and then we'll talk. Even Redfall may be delayed (as per latest info). 2022 seems like nothing but *cricket sounds* for first party Aaa games (MSGS). 

• Haha 3

35 minutes ago, gamer_adi said:

lmao, now i want M$ to buy out T2/Rockstar too, just to see ponies say that R*/gta/RDR are crap too, and mega-failures, and how T2 was on the verge of bankruptcy and needed saving:roflroll:

But first nuke those tweets/replies/posts where you mentioned CoD is crap. 

Animated GIF

8 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

All these billion dollar buyouts, still searching for actual games. 

All such news can only grab eyeballs till another PS showcase drops where actual games (in developement with realistic launch windows) are shown.  

Show me the games first and then we'll talk. Even Redfall may be delayed (as per latest info). 2022 seems like nothing but *cricket sounds* for first party Aaa games (MSGS). 

xbox has no games :roflroll:

I think, the point of these acquisitions would be to increase GPU subscription base.  I think, going forward, it doesn't matter if the new doom sells 10 million copies, it's goal would be to get maybe 1 million new suscribers. Subscription based model always wins in the long run as it's steady cash flow. 

GP is already 25 million strong, once it reaches a critical mass(ex:100 million), it'll be too big to displace, kinda like Netflix.  For ex: if today, Netflix increased the price by a dollar or two, i don't think customers would even care, it's become like a cable connection which ppl keep paying month on month.  I think MS is looking to grow GP to that state thru all these acquisitions (maybe it'll ultimately end up as Metaverse, but i think that tech still atleast a decade away before being ready for mass consumption, not to mention the various legal challenges it would have to cross).

Edited by Ne0