Microsoft to Acquire Activision Blizzard

4 minutes ago, Vamos said:

Overwatch 2 and next COD game might be exclusive to Xbox. 

Or at the very least they will be on GP day 1 :panic:

They won't be exclusives in near future tbh.

They will however, can get day 1 on GP on both XBOX and PC. Plus Blizzard launcher on PC (if you wanna buy the game with full price) along with GP on PC. 

And I think full price on PS, just like Psychonauts 2.

Overwatch was pretty big on PC (competitive tournament level, even in India along with whole world), dunno about console community for that game...or if PS even has a good crowd for it.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

MS stock price fell ! :lol:

Activision up 30% for a confirmed deal. 

Ubi 12% up on speculation. 

Activision is pretty straight forward. It's just catching up to the real value of the stock. 

I don't believe in a reaction to some action, but I guess the next natural move for sony should be to start consolidating the japanese games market (on top of strengthening their first party studios.) 

Strategic partnerships / acquisitions with/of japanese studios. They should start with square enix and kojima productions (and maybe from software eventually). In any case, Max sales of games coming out of those studios happen on ps/pc platforms. 

Days of depending on third party for quality exclusives is now over. I don't know if CoD would be an exclusive (or not), but I guess eventually CoD would transform into a different type of a shooter which might not blend with the tastes of Sony and their fans and the type of games they believe in. 

Edited by radicaldude

19 minutes ago, Bhpian Bali said:

Lel not a zero sun game. This will just put sony to work even harder and all it needs a new IP to blunt CoD. Like do a pubg and shitcrosoft can suck it. 

That and honestly Acti blizz was not very well run. They're sitting on some great IPs but lot of them are in shambles. 

MS can maybe improve the culture and quality of their output. 

1 hour ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

MS stock price fell ! 

In an acquisition, the acquirer’s share price is usually likely to fall as the acquirer usually pays a premium i.e. above the current market price of the company getting acquired.

47 minutes ago, Bhpian Bali said:

Lel not a zero sun game. This will just put sony to work even harder and all it needs a new IP to blunt CoD. Like do a pubg and shitcrosoft can suck it. 

Easier said than done ,still waiting for a decent 1st party mp game from sony since more than a decade .

45 minutes ago, Bhpian Bali said:

Yup.. Sony is still bigger than xbox…

more competition, means good things for consumers..

The biggest winner in this whole deal is PC. Leaving aside the PC component scalping, it's an amazing time to be a PC gamer.

Sony exclusives are being ported over and MS has started concentrating more on PC games with proper optimizations. 

The whole subscription model may change the console gaming landscape, I don't see Steam becoming irrelevant any time soon. As long as we have the option to buy games, why even bother about streaming/subscription services. It will be a pain only if you are forced into subscription only services with no option for purchasing. 

Edited by l33tmaniac
  • Like 4

COD will show up two years straight on GP day 1 for free.

If that can change any dynamics & dent PS’s user base majorly then it has a chance of going exclusive & most probably end console wars in favour of Xbox.

If it can’t then the next year GP obviously won’t remain the free service as we know it today,they were already dying to make it $120 a year after $7.5b investment….just imagine what they’ll be planning to charge now.

Things will remain as they were & Sony most probably will start contemplating an exit plan within this gen after witnessing the sort of investments big boys are ready with to capture the cloud based markets. 

No more PS6 or XBNext boys.