Microsoft to Acquire Activision Blizzard

7 minutes ago, l33tmaniac said:

The biggest winner in this whole deal is PC. Leaving aside the PC component scalping, it's an amazing time to be a PC gamer.

Sony exclusives are being ported over and MS has started concentrating more on PC games with proper optimizations. 

The whole subscription model may change the console gaming landscape, I don't see Steam becoming irrelevant any time soon. As long as we have the option to buy games, why even bother about streaming/subscription services. It will be a pain only if you are forced into subscription only services with no option for purchasing. 

PC is truly a MasterRace now.

Let console fanboys tear each other apart. Meanwhile, PC will just get all the stuffs...it's so common to have the game on PC now that sometimes console fanboys forgets their 'exclusives' aren't actually exclusives and are available on PC from day one. EG: Deathloop and Kena. :) 
Plus, most of the PC gamer has Playstations for exclusives anyway, so they don't miss out on anything.

They get Xbox games, they getting PS games. It's just games for them rather than stupid console war waged by blind fanboys.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, SaiKO said:

Let console fanboys tear each other apart. Meanwhile, PC will just get all the stuffs...it's so common to have the game on PC now that sometimes console fanboys forgets their 'exclusives' aren't actually exclusives and are available on PC from day one. EG: Deathloop and Kena. :) 
Plus, most of the PC gamer has Playstations for exclusives anyway, so they don't miss out on anything.

They get Xbox games, they getting PS games. It's just games for them rather than stupid console war waged by blind fanboys.

Exactly. I am waiting for the day PC gets good HDR support and the ability to boot via gamepad. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, WhiteWolf said:

But u did buy Xbox SX as yourself said you trying to sell it? So u were lying lol. Typical 

You don't actually need to buy XBOX console for playing latest games if you already have a gaming PC.

Offcourse, unless you wanna play old games thanks to the amazing Backward Compatible of XBOX. 
I personally would buy XSX only for that amazing Backward Compatible M$ has on their console. 

7 minutes ago, AnK said:

Sony most probably will start contemplating an exit plan within this gen after witnessing the sort of investments big boys are ready with to capture the cloud based markets. 

Yeah lol no. They won't exit the scene because they went from 2-3 in video game revenue or console sales. If anything they'll double down on PlayStation as it's one of the biggest pillars holding the whole Sony corp esp when they're trying to diversify and get into other stuff too like electric cars for eg.

1 minute ago, l33tmaniac said:

Exactly. I am waiting for the day PC gets good HDR support and the ability to boot via gamepad. 

Lol, I hope that's a joke. :D 

HDR is controlled by Apps (Games) on PC.
Gamepad is also controlled by apps (Games) on PC.

If the game support those, you get everything top notch. Plus, on PC you get supports for all the controllers, DS4, DS, XBone, XSX or even x360.....chose to your heart's content.

Pc gaming/gamers always used to win anyways. With emulators they got access to entire libraries of several systems. 

I don't see platstation games launching on pc day one though. But eventually some of them surely will be. 

Ps- those who experienced GoW on Pc for the first time this year, some among them might surely jump on the ps5 bandwagon to experience Ragnarock. 

5 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

Yeah lol no. They won't exit the scene because they went from 2-3 in video game revenue or console sales. If anything they'll double down on PlayStation as it's one of the biggest pillars holding the whole Sony corp esp when they're trying to diversify and get into other stuff too like electric cars for eg.

Console/Handheld gaming as we know will change when more & more players will push towards cloud based solutions. 
Even Nintendo will face a plathora of problems if it decides to go with Switch 2 when most of the AAA are streaming on every screen around. 

FB,Amazon,Google & specially M$ are in it for the cut throat capture of pushing ppl from hardware to streaming. 

I don’t think it makes sense for them to cling on to it till it’s too late. 

Just now, AnK said:

I don’t think it makes sense for them to cling on to it till it’s too late. 

I think we still have about atleast a decade till game streaming becomes mainstream. I may be wrong though, but base technology to make it happen is still not in place. 

Also, roll out won't happen at once. Maybe in some areas, sure, but I doubt it would become universal so fast .

Just now, radicaldude said:

I think we still have about atleast a decade till game streaming becomes mainstream. I may be wrong though, but base technology to make it happen is still not in place. 

Also, roll out won't happen at once. Maybe in some areas, sure, but I doubt it would become universal so fast .

I’m talking about the next generation after PS5,SX & Switch. 

Like next 7 years of so. 

I think metaverse and gaming overlap for sure, but metaverse is bigger than gaming. 

I mean gaming is a sure shot way for people to experience metaverse, but I don't think all who game would want to be a part of metaverse.

Publishers should no doubt experiment with such games (which dabble with the concept of "meta") but forcing every traditional gamer into that territory with nfts and all is not the right (ethical) move. 

5 minutes ago, HundredProofSam said:

Content is king, which is why MS is going after these acquisitions. They didn't have enough great in-house content IP.

Sony has great content. The challenge for them will be how they continue getting it to customers. With Game Pass getting more and more convincing, Sony can no longer just rely on selling copies on console and PC.

Maybe Sony's investments in Epic and Discord can help put something compelling together.

Their investment in epic is like 3% equity. 40% is held by Tencent. It's effectively a Tencent subsidiary. 

42 minutes ago, AnK said:

they were already dying to make it $120 a year after $7.5b investment….just imagine what they’ll be planning to charge now

They’ll want to expand Gamepass user base from 25 million to 100+ million across all platforms. Pricing and even the xbl to gpu conversion facility will remain the same

39 minutes ago, SaiKO said:

Damn, you guys are truly the ultimate winners in all this console warfare nonsense 

21 minutes ago, RV1709 said:

I’ve had it since launch, hardly used. Chahiye? :fear1:

Why you bought it if u don't like MS games? You gave them your money like a dumbo then lol

You bought it to recharge your batteries?  Lol

• Haha 2

Just now, 0verlord said:

Damn, you guys are truly the ultimate winners in all this console warfare nonsense 

Nah you have to have a playstation and Switch in the process too...We call PC masterrace jokingly...but actual masterrace is one who has all the platforms for the games and don't care for console purism.

14 minutes ago, HundredProofSam said:

Content is king, which is why MS is going after these acquisitions. They didn't have enough great in-house content IP.

Sony has great content. The challenge for them will be how they continue getting it to customers. With Game Pass getting more and more convincing, Sony can no longer just rely on selling copies on console and PC.

Maybe Sony's investments in Epic and Discord can help put something compelling together.

Now with 30 plus studios and f**k load of AAA IPs.  Content will come nonstop. 

Edited by WhiteWolf
  • Haha 2