Microsoft to Acquire Activision Blizzard

2 minutes ago, WhiteWolf said:

Why you bought it if u don't like MS games? You gave them your money like a dumbo then lol

You bought it to recharge your batteries?  Lol

I bought it at launch for the same reason why most ppl buy an Xbox console ie PlayStation was not available 

2 minutes ago, RV1709 said:

I bought it at launch for the same reason why most ppl buy an Xbox console ie PlayStation was not available 

PS indian release date was announced before SX launched in India. Why you didn't wait when you knew that nothing MS releasing appeals to you?

Admit it you bought it to play game pass stuff lol. Majority of people buying for game pass now

Edited by WhiteWolf

Content (games) banane mein time lagta hain yaar. 

M$ just acquired Bethesda and now Acti/Blizz....so don't expect contents to come suddenly. It will come gradually, but surely. 

Plus, M$ is thinking long term while acquiring these companies and offcourse, in their service, which is already huge...on it's way to be EVEN BIGGER.

It's very interesting to see that it's still being discussed if Activision & Blizzard games are going to be MS exclusives or not. If Sony would have bought them instead it would have been accepted as a writing in the Bible that they will be Sony exclusives and no one would even be discussing the same. 

Very intresting dynamics

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 0verlord said:

You playing on Windows? That’s a Microsoft product boi

Thats why the new branding and organization structure is MS Gaming now under Lord Phil... 

As PC gaming is also growing someone new is buying a new windows and bunch of Microsoft products anyway.. 

3 minutes ago, Assassins Creed said:

As PC gaming is also growing someone new is buying a new windows and bunch of Microsoft products anyway.. 

PC gaming was big even before Xbox & Playstation existed. Maybe it's coming more in focus as both the brands are bringing their exclusives to PC now but it's not "growing" as such. It's always been there. 

2 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

What I've learnt so far is we have a Nostradamus here, and people leading Sony and Nintendo are idiots. :lol:

Kya kya fookte rehte ho Ank bhai ?

:rofl: 

Nintendo pe baat ayi toh chub gayi?!? 

I am talking about once every screen will stream games. 
That time is still far away but even Nintendo will lose hardware relevance. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

What I've learnt so far is we have a Nostradamus here, and people leading Sony and Nintendo are idiots. :lol:

Kya kya fookte rehte ho Ank bhai ?

Dr saab ilaaj karo Radical aur Ank? Kaunsi therapy inko sahi karegi lol

8 minutes ago, SaiKO said:

Content (games) banane mein time lagta hain yaar. 

M$ just acquired Bethesda and now Acti/Blizz....so don't expect contents to come suddenly. It will come gradually, but surely. 

Plus, M$ is thinking long term while acquiring these companies and offcourse, in their service, which is already huge...on it's way to be EVEN BIGGER.

Ya, 2023- 24 onwards.

People really are deluding themselves if they think it won't lead ponies moving to xbox. 

The only reason I got an xbox was because MS bought Bethesda. 

I used to be a hardcore pony before that.

1 minute ago, AnK said:

Nintendo hardware was never competitive. Their platform is driven by their core audience and their software IPs. Yes, they did innovations with the Wii, but the Switch has been lagging behind on performance pretty much since launch. And that hasn't stopped it from outselling competitors. BOTW is still one of the best ever games I've played.

4 minutes ago, WhiteWolf said:

Sony we will fix PS5 availability by making more PS4s.

lol...yeah..and fans are defending because it's making sense to make money from Company's perspective

Not something that will benefit gamers or developers on long run, mind you. I mean, what's gonna be the life expectancy of PS4 in 2022 again? 

Plus, innovation will be restricted to some lvl, thanks that Hardware from 2013, gamers might argue, but hardware bandwidth plays a big role on scope of a game. 

5 minutes ago, AnK said:

Don't really care about any particular company tbh, but both Sony and Nintendo have innovated HW much more then MS. 

PS5 still does wonders with the new controller haptics, and Nintendo sits in a different league altogether with Wii and Switch. 

While the future will definitely be streaming (at some point), and we cannot rule out subscriptions since they can be extremely lucrative, you're really short sighted in thinking other companies will just take it lying down. Don't forget that these 3 companies have very different cultures and idealogies on how they approach games. 

If anything, the wars are just starting. All the 3 big ones have their set of uniqueness, which draws their core audience. And all of them are doing financially well enough to innovate for not just the next gen, but also for foreseeable future. 

It's an exciting time for the industry tbh. We were stuck in the usual hardware upgrade cycle for a while till Wii came along, and pushed Sony to build Move, and MS to make Kinect. 

These acquisitions similarly will push the others to do better. Heck, we might even see new hardware from Nintendo sooner than later. 

Really excited for what's to come from the big 3. 

• Like 1

Can we wait till they have something to show for these acquisitions before leaping on the hype train?

Surely by 2023 end or 2024, some games would come out?

Also, lol at Nintendo losing relevance. Hardcore crowd will still buy Nintendo for their innovative approach. I don't see neither MS nor Sony coming out with anything as innovative as Wii or Switch until Ninty does.

• Like 1

With the latest ps4 fw getting hacked, I can see ps4 sales booming, specially in markets like India. 

So it makes sense to continue making more ps4s for one more year atleast. To support the already existing, huge,  PS4 library. 

Ps- I'm not aware of any other cross gen first party aaa title, announced by sony, other than, horizon, Ragnarok and gt7.