Jump to content

Microsoft to Acquire Activision Blizzard


Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

 

I don't think we would see another crash bandicoot game for a significant time interval now (as they just launched the 4th part). 


But the whole Crash franchise will come to GP sooner or later. Haven’t played the latest game, so looking forward to it now. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

Wonder who is next. Current market cap:

  • EA: $38B
  • Take Two: $28B 
  • Nexon: $15B
  • Bandai Namco: $15B 
  • Embracer: $10.8B
  • Netmarble $7B
  • Ubisoft: $7B
  • Konami: $6B
  • Square Enix: $5.6B
  • Capcom: $4.9B
  • Sega: $3.6B

921100443302649866.webp?size=48&quality=

 

 

Delete this list and dont give MS any more ideas. 

  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

But the whole Crash franchise will come to GP sooner or later. Haven’t played the latest game, so looking forward to it now. 

 

Spyro Trilogy too.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

 

 

Or japanese publishers/Devs like squeenix, kojima productions etc. 

 

Lol. People are acting as if share price drops are permanent. :rofl:

 

They just need to wait for another PS showcase. 

Nah. Japanese publishers have mostly story based or SP games in their portfolio. They are sorely lacking in online gaming business which Activision has. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

 

Valve will never sell it. Newell said Valve would prefer to disintegrate than ever sell out.

 

T2 is expanding on their own. SONY won't drop $28b+ extra to buy them. 

 

Maybe Square-Enix but otherwise don't see them buying the big ones. 

Ok. I guess only EA is a viable option as it has more or less similar assets as Activision.  Only that EA seems to be recovering and a better future outlook unlike Activision and Bethesda. 

Edited by Mysteryman
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Mysteryman said:

Nah. Japanese publishers have mostly story based or SP games in their portfolio. They are sorely lacking in online gaming business which Activision has. 

 

 

So? Are you assuming online only is the way forward? No place for SP games???

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Microsoft will likely target Japanese publishers considering that's a huge market that they virtually have no presence in. 

 

Acquire Square Enix and make DQ an Xbox exclusive and you are sure to see Xbox fly off the shelves. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

 

 

So? Are you assuming online only is the way forward? No place for SP games???

Online is where a steady cash flow is provided which is the main reason for a larger enterprise value of Activision than Bethesda and Japanese publishers. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, gecko89 said:

As opposed to MS who made groundbreaking fps games all by themselves :D

 

They own all groundbreaking shooters.

 

 

Sony cant neither buy or make ground breaking shooters. 

 

Sony only excels at 3rd person action games. You change camera angle and their game fails instantly lol

Edited by WhiteWolf
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Joe Cool said:

Wonder who is next. Current market cap:

  • EA: $38B
  • Take Two: $28B 
  • Nexon: $15B
  • Bandai Namco: $15B 
  • Embracer: $10.8B
  • Netmarble $7B
  • Ubisoft: $7B
  • Konami: $6B
  • Square Enix: $5.6B
  • Capcom: $4.9B
  • Sega: $3.6B

921100443302649866.webp?size=48&quality=

They gotta get Capcom. I dont care how but MS needs to buy them as well. 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, l33tmaniac said:

Microsoft will likely target Japanese publishers considering that's a huge market that they virtually have no presence in. 

 

Acquire Square Enix and make DQ an Xbox exclusive and you are sure to see Xbox fly off the shelves. 

 

I don't think MS will try to acquire Japanese devs wholesale. They might try to acquire IPs, but even that I doubt. Main reasons -

 

1) Most major Japanese IPs are no longer as big as they used to be. At one point FF name itself meant a release as big as GTA. It's no longer the case. Successors like Persona are big, But not that big. The major big IPs belong to Nintendo, and I don't think MS has the capability to acquire them.

2) Other than some exceptions like Monster Hunter, almost all Japanese Games are SP, and their release is infrequent. Not much of a benefit in a sub model (Unlike say CoD which sells on MP). 

3) Most importantly, almost all major Japanese Publishers have major businesses in gambling, casinos, amusement parks, real estate etc. I don't think MS (Which has only even been a tech company in it's entire life) will want to acquire and manage those businesses.

4) Further, The video game IPs supplement Gambling, for example MGS or Castlevania Themed Pachinko Machines. I don't think Jap devs will sell only the IP and lose out on Gambling revenue associated with the IP.

 

If anything, I guess MS will go after EA next. Or at the very least their sports licences. Or maybe Take Two, if EA is too expensive.

Edited by roun90
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, WhiteWolf said:

They own all groundbreaking shooters.

 

 

Sony cant neither buy or make ground breaking shooters

 

Sony only excels at 3rd person action games. You change camera angle and their game fails instantly lol

 

 

Deathloop and rumored PS exclusive bioshock 4 are third person shooters???

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, AnK said:

The thing is Playstation is still being run at the lower level of just the gaming division. 
 

While M$ has totally taken over the decision making & strategic investments of it’s gaming division away from just the Xbox level.

 

Ideally Sony should have already bought Square Enix & Capcom when it saw M$,Google & Stadia advancing on cloud streaming & distribution. 
 

They are too late to negotiate any deal now it seems & they just don’t have the kinda money M$ does. 

 

Unless of course Sony already have some pleasant surprises planned. You never know with these things. I would've never imagined MS spending this much money on A/B. Heck, I'd rather they buy something else but I can see what they're going for. Regardless, Sony is here to stay. They'll do just fine. At least, I hope they do.

 

Edited by TRMNTR
Grammar
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Joe Cool said:

Wonder who is next. Current market cap:

  • EA: $38B
  • Take Two: $28B 
  • Nexon: $15B
  • Bandai Namco: $15B 
  • Embracer: $10.8B
  • Netmarble $7B
  • Ubisoft: $7B
  • Konami: $6B
  • Square Enix: $5.6B
  • Capcom: $4.9B
  • Sega: $3.6B

921100443302649866.webp?size=48&quality=

IF they get EA , They Get PS's good chunk of revenue lol XD

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

 

 

Deathloop and rumored PS exclusive bioshock 4 are third person shooters???

Deathloop ok .Last one but come on Deathloop? Lol.

 

 

Bioshock 4? We will see lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, WhiteWolf said:

Sony studios incapable of making high quality shooter game, so yeah losing COD will make ponies cry :D

 

52 minutes ago, WhiteWolf said:

They own all groundbreaking shooters.

 

 

Sony cant neither buy or make ground breaking shooters. 

 

Sony only excels at 3rd person action games. You change camera angle and their game fails instantly lol

Well, earlier you said 'incapable of making', to which I responded that MS didn't make any by themselves either.

 

As for buying, I agree, Sony doesn't have deep pockets like MS. They won't make one, not because they can't but because market is already filled with 2 dozen fps games. 

 

As for 'Sony excels at 3rd person action games. You change camera angle and their game fails instantly'... Please lay off whatever it is that you're drinking. 

Edited by gecko89
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, gecko89 said:

 

Well, earlier you said 'incapable of making', to which I responded that MS didn't make any by themselves either.

 

As for buying, I agree, Sony doesn't have deep pockets like MS. They won't make one, not because they can't but because market is already filled with 2 dozen fps games. 

 

As for 'Sony excels at 3rd person action games. You change camera angle and their game fails instantly'... Please lay off the kool-aid white wolf.

 

 

Dude, keep it civil. Posting a pic suggesting someone is a dumb-f**k is only going to lead to unnecessary verbal spat. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...